300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ride alongs suspended

I went into the post last night for my rode along like I have for the past few months, but I never got to go out. We recently had a very cool SGT. retire so another old timer came to midnights. However, this guy is not nearly as nice. He came up to me tonight and asked if I was in college for a CJ program and I said yes. He asked if I was getting college credit for the ride alongs. I said unfortunately they decided not to give me credit. That was about all the info he needed. He basically told me he wasn't letting me ride anymore until he talks to the post commander(who by the way along with the district commander are the ones who set this up for me). I am pretty bummed out. Everyone else but this guy seemed to enjoy teaching me and having me there. I guess I'll wait and see what happens. Just needed to vent a little.

Don't worry about it. It will all work out after awhile. Either someone over him will authorize it or he'll change his mind after some of the others talk to him. Give it some time.

Comment

I think GD is right on here. If this guy just moved into a new assignment, even though he is an "old hand" he may be a little uncomfortable for a while and just trying to make life as easy as possible for himself.

Or he could have a hemorrhoid problem.

------------------
      I used to have an open mind - but my brains kept falling out.

6P1 (retired)
      6P1 (retired)

Comment

LOL, I think you're onto something there. I hope it does work out. I will be waiting for them to call me with the news.

Comment

Some officers are simply against ride-alongs. Noone should be forced to have a ride-along, but at the same time I wish more officers were willing to participate.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6350 users online. 355 members and 5995 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X