300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assault Knives!

Some vermin went into an elementary school in Japan today and stabbed 26 people. Four students died. Obviously, legislation is needed banning assault knives. The U.N. must get involved by penning a worldwide standard for compliance. (Now that Slick Willy's gone, we probably won't be participating in invading foreign countries to meddle in their civil wars, but that's another rant.)

This will pose a whole new set of problems for us, though. For instance, is a knife an assault knife because it has a black plastic handle? Don't tell me it's just a Boy Scout knife! It's a multibladed, rapid action assault knife! No one has a legitimate need for a knife with a sharpened edge or a point. The Bureau of Alcohol (yeah, they are real busy with bootleggers), Tobacco (last time I checked, it is a legal product), Firearms (ditto) and Knives will work up a 2,000 page handbook for local officers to enforce knife laws, so no one will be confused.

Where, oh where is Al Sharpton when we need him most? Oh that's right, in the shower with the tank boss...

Man Kills Eight Students in Japan

VBrenner, you read my mind.
    This is a horrible tragedy and I am very sympathetic to the students, families, and friends.

I am not, however, sympathetic to the elements of the Japanese government who felt it was their place to meddle in OUR business in years past by lobbying for stricter gun control in America. Let them worry about their own backyards. It would not surprise me in the LEAST to see some sort of legislative backlash in Japan resulting in "stricter knife control".

G.A.

------------------
    No cops, know anarchy.

"He aint finna come all up in my house and act a fool and be gettin away with it cause I will go smooth off." -Movista
    No cops, know anarchy.

"He aint finna come all up in my house and act a fool and be gettin away with it cause I will go smooth off." -Movista

Comment

Knife control laws? I wonder how they would work? I already have several illegal knives, that can't be carried anywhere and my son has several swords that he collects. That would be interesting though. Would whittling become outlawed, or would we be able to carry our knife to a special whittling range, as long as we carried it locked up in the trunks of our car? That would be funny, but I wouldn't put it past some politician. And what would happen if some throw back whittled him up a replica of a gun?!

Oh yes, and dont forget the child resistant safety sheath that would be mandatory on all knives. LOL!

[This message has been edited by mac90 (edited 06-08-2001).]

Comment

Obviously mac you'd need to carry your knife broken down, with the blade in a locked container in one part of your vehicle and the handle in another locked container in a different part of your vehicle. These containers would of course have to be "out of reach" of all persons inside the vehicle.

------------------
        I used to have an open mind - but my brains kept falling out.

6P1 (retired)
        6P1 (retired)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5548 users online. 324 members and 5224 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X