Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARIZONA

Darn,

Just got back from N. AZ where we own some property and it sure has been hot the last few months.

It has averaged 91-95 degrees. I can't believe it has been that hot. Guess, it is nothing compared to Phoenix.

The temps are way above normal for the 4800 ft elevation where I am at. The earth is bone dry BUT the northern part of the state is absolutely beautiful (not one cloud just sun and wind), clean, and they much better gun laws!
    "Life breaks us all and afterwards some are strong at the broken places."
    --Ernest Hemingway, A Farewell to Arms

Grace, what part of NOAZ do you have property in????
    6P1 (retired)

Comment

Don,

We have property in Yavapai County, more specifically the Chino Valley area.

It's nice and in the country. It is more of a retirement spot for when my SO retires from the military. Right now we are split in about three differ states (CA, VA, and AZ).

Military life is a funny thing sometimes.......

Comment

Grace, just be glad you don't have humidity out in AZ. Here in the south, it has been between 95-100 with a humidity level that makes it feel like it's 150! Heat alone is not bad until you mix a high humidity level in, then you can't even breathe it's so hot. [Frown]
        In valor there is hope - Tacitus

Comment

shorty,

I was born in Mississippi and raised in South Louisiana. You are right in the fact that I am glad I don't have to deal with that humidity [Wink] . I do NOT miss it one bit.

Nothing like trying to take a shower and being all sweaty when you get out OR being in a cool building and walking outside to the feeling of being in a blast furnace..........

Nope, I will take dry heat anytime!

Comment

Grace, that Chino Valley is quite an area! Used to have friends down there, but they moved to Oregon. Wouldn't be a bad place to retire to at all. Out of the worst of the heat, yet not too far from Phoenix.
            6P1 (retired)

Comment

Frogman,

I am somewhat familiar with the Cottonwood area as it is slighly NE of where I am at. The whole area and points in between near Jerome, Sedona, and Flagstaff are beautiful!

I definitely am not hip on being in three differ areas BUT it is neat as I get to see and do interesting things. It can be hard on the home life sometimes.

Don,

Chino Valley is nice. It is difficult getting used to the rural life again after San Diego County. Heck, the night sky is so clear that you can see and almost touch the stars!

Comment

I used to go camping on the AZ strip. I sure do like the Mt.Trumbull area and Toroweap Point(spl).
                The Grandwash cliffs are a nice area as well.

Comment

GRACE,

Congratulations! You now have one of the newest Hells Angels chapters as a neighbor. I used to live in Prescott Valley and moved to Kingman. I am now leaving wonderful Route 66 for a large city. Hope you like staying in Chino/Paulden and enjoy all the traffic since there isn't much room left in the "tri-city area".
                  NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

AZCopper,

Yeah I have recently heard about the Hell's Angels thing but haven't seen tooo many of them yet (NOT THAT I AM LOOKING FOR 'EM EITHER [Wink] ) Thanks for the heads up!

There has been some moderate traffic but I am about 1.5 miles off the main roads so I am a bit insulated. It is beginning to grow though. There aren't any more two-acre parcels of land for sale where I am at so that is a good thing.

Comment

What are the schools like at Prescott/Prescott Valley?

Comment

Frank,

PM enroute!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5874 users online. 322 members and 5552 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X