300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hangovers

So, last night I go out with a gal pal of mine who is a Detective on the LPD. (I figure I need to prepare myself for drinking around cops. )

Anyway, the place we went to had beer buckets and between the two of us, we put away alot of 'em. Our DD got us home safely, I managed to call another friend of mine that was on duty (no telling what I said to him - gonna have to find that out later... [Eek!] ), then proceeded to pass out.

Here I am, almost 9:00 am and I feel like dog doo. No rest for me today, working the State Fair for JCPD and then on call tonight.

What should I do for my hangover????

I don't think there is very much that you can do. I'm not speaking from experience (I'm only 18 for crying out loud) but I have an idea of what you're going through. One of my teachers came in to school with a hangover 2 years ago and was complaining that his hair hurt...
    If we're not supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?

Comment

Piper,

Thought this website might help ya, Sista! You poor thing. It's hearing about times like this that makes me glad I don't drink. Hope you feel better very soon, buddy!

Hangover Cures

[ 08-24-2002, 09:10 AM: Message edited by: kateykakes ]

Comment

I thoroughly recommend the following:

Fresh Orange Juice
        3 sausages
        3 slices of bacon
        2 slices of fried bread
        Baked beans
        Mushrooms
        6 hash browns
        tomatoes
        2 fried eggs
        sauteed potatoes
        2 Ibuprofen tablets
        At least 6 cups of coffee

I recommend drinking the OJ and using it to wash down the ibuprofen tablets, although feel free to put the whole lot into a blender and drink the concoction at your leisure (being sure to cook the food first!)
        'Trust no-one'

Comment

Piper:

Eating wil help!

Try a greasy pork chop sandwitch, served in a dirty ashtray. Wash it all down will a glass of old camode water from the mens room at the bus station...

THAT ought to take care of it...

Good for moles, colds, sore a** h***s, and tightness about the chest.

(Hello? )

[ 08-24-2002, 11:06 AM: Message edited by: SGT Dave ]
          People have more fun than anybody.

Comment

quote:
            So, last night I go out with a gal pal of mine who is a Detective on the LPD. (I figure I need to prepare myself for drinking around cops
            <Gunnery Sergeant Hartman voice, from Full Metal Jacket>

BULLS***!!!! You were brown nosing!

Get on down and give me 20!

quote:
            Anyway, the place we went to had beer buckets
            Not a high class strip joint, was it?

quote:
            I managed to call another friend of mine that was on duty (no telling what I said to him - gonna have to find that out later...
            The warrant will have the exact wording on it..., but after the post under the "playboy" thread was deleted, let's not put it on the website. [Eek!]

Jesus- Piper DRUNK?!?!?!?! [Eek!]
            No male would be safe unless he happened to have a Cell Extraction Team from Pelican Bay or a Secret Service detail, or the equivalent!

quote:

Just think about my above remedy. Then go hurl and you'll feel better.

Remember, we're not laughing with you, we're laghing at you.
            People have more fun than anybody.

Comment

Preventative maintainance is the best plan. That "Chaser" stuff works great. A friend of mine drank himself unconscious last week but he'd taken Chaser before he started drinking. No hangover.

Comment

Hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!

*looks above*

Yep, that's about all I can do. Now I get to go play with some county mounties.

I do actually feel a bit better, I ate some toast. Dave, I didn't have a dirty ashtray so I couldn't use your remedy. Thanks anyway pal.

Comment

Frank, what is the "Chaser" stuff?

Comment

A pill you take before drinking....they advertise it on TV....and I've seen it at drug stores, and gas stations and party stores...

Comment

i hear drinking lots of gatorade works. [Wink]

Comment

Take vitamins before you drink and asprins with water before you sleep, I haven't had a hangover yet

Comment

Part of the conversation with my Officer pal:

Officer B: Where did you get hammered?

Me: Across the River.

Officer B: Across the River where?

Me: I don't remember the name.

Officer B: You don't remember where you went? Damn you are really hammered.

Me: Do you have a PBT in the car?

Officer B: No. Why?

Me: I want to see how I'd blow.

Officer B: I'd like to see how you'd blow.

Me: *gasp sputter* heehehehee

Edit: I should note that above Officer and I have a great friendship and rib each other a lot.

[ 08-24-2002, 11:57 PM: Message edited by: Piper ]

Comment

quote:
                            Originally posted by Piper:

Either buy bigger clothes, or go on a diet. Just can't stand a broad with a roll hanging over her belt.

Oh, OH, NOT that kind of hangover. You probably should do exactly what millions of us have done in the past, in like circumstances. SUFFER!

I haven't had a hangover in YEARS! Don't want to have 'em anymore either. Guess I'm just too damn old for that stuff anymore.
                            6P1 (retired)

Comment

Drink some Nyquil right befor you go to bed. The stuff works great. (note: I have not had to drink any Nyquil in years)

If you still feel like crap drink a shot or a beer when you wake up. It will take the edge off.(note I have not had to drink a shot or a beer to take the edge off in years) Think of the shot or beer as anti-serium, here is an exapmle of how it works. When some one is bit by a rattle snake they use snake venom as the anti-serium. Alcohol works the same way.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3866 users online. 255 members and 3611 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X