300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is it with McVeigh?

Now he APPEALING his execution date? The ultimate coward, who called the dead children "collateral damage", is now afraid to die????
    I can't wait until they get this evil off this earth and the loved ones of those killed can try to go on with their lives.

Its hard to believe how much this single act by McVeigh has affected the country. Even my 8 year old child is keeping up with this and asks when are they finally going to put this bad man to death.

I havent talked this up with my kids at all. I think that McVeigh's calling children collateral damage really scared my kids. They asked what collateral was of course, but just the idea that someone could have such little regard for children really scared them.

[This message has been edited by Evnings (edited 06-07-2001).]
    RADAR is the 8th wonder of the world.

Comment

He is now using the system as a type of terrorism to the country. He has realized that he can still have an affect on people, just by appealing this.

Who knows what is going to happen next with this. And this is just exactly what he wants.
      6P1 (retired)

Comment

Lest we not forget, "those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it".

Remember when I we thought we had all of the responsible german officers at the end of WWII, only to find out that we didn't? And then afterwards couldn't find them because we had executed the people who knew their locations. I hope we don't find out there were more people responsible, and that executing McVeigh makes it hard to find them.

Who knows, perhaps McVeigh and Nichols weren't the only ones involved. It's the Hetfields & the McCoys,... We're executing you because you bombed our building, because we killed people at Waco. When is it going to end. Are we going to be surprised when someone bombs the building because their retarded mind thinks McVeigh was innocent?

Comment

If the FBI had not of "Screwed the Pooch" on this one , he'd have already been put to sleep!!!!

Remember his goal is to make the government look bad.....WELL???? I think he has been handed his agenda on a silver platter. Now the same FBI and government that he despised is now on the defensive and may have to air their inept handling of the evidence.

I personally think the needle is to good for him. I think the victims in OK City should have the satisfaction of seeing him die in a public execution of a hideous manner.

------------------
          "We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way." General George S. Patton
          "The view only changes for the lead dog." ~ Sergeant Preston of The Yukon ~

Comment

I agree, Guard Dog! The man is TRULY evil and deseves no "rights". His death will be a lot easier the the ones he imposed on those poor ijnnocent souls. The only way I'd ever buy his book is to burn it. But, I'm not about to spend my hard earned money on ANYTHING that man is selling!

Comment

I still say giving him the needle is the easy way out. They should build a gallows on the site of the bombing, and hang him where all who want to see can do so. Let it be known justice will prevail.

Oh, sure; he would love the publicity. But at the same time, see how smug he would be when they pull a black hood over his head, tie a rope tight around his neck, and feel the floor give way from under him.

The last thing he would know would be that sudden stop at the end of that rope(at least as we may know). Let those who think he's some kind of a hero or a role model watch him hang there for 19 minutes until his heart stops beating, messing his pants. See him get cut down, and carried away like so much garbage.

I may sound macabre, but not as bad as what he did to those people.
              Never make a drummer mad- we beat things for a living!

Comment

I will be happy to see him go. Some hope he will spill the beans on who else helped him but after reading about him I know that will never happen. All Killers should be killed this fast. He could get a lot of different appeals going if he wanted to and be alive for several more years, I just read the appeals court turned him down and he will not appeal to the S.C. I will not be happy when he dies but will think of the victims and their families and feel relief for them.

Comment

A lot of you people are obviously pro-death penatly. If you are, I'd like you to answer this question:

"Is it alright to have a death penalty even if we execute an innocent person every once and a while?"

Comment

Monitor,
                    I didn't read where anyone advocated executing innocent people,did you?

Retired
                    Retired

Comment

Moniter,

If you want to argue the right/wrong of the death penality, please start your own thread in the Civil Rights section.

Thanks.

------------------
                      I used to have an open mind - but my brains kept falling out.

6P1 (retired)
                      6P1 (retired)

Comment

Of course, I would never want to see an innocent person die. But, is it all right to let a guilty person go on living even tho they killed an innocent person?

Comment

I am sure no one wants to see an innocent person fry. I have yet to hear one of the pleading heart anti-death penalty crowd prove one was not guilty. In Texas they have to prove that the suspect is a continuing threat to the community in the sentencing phase. They have a small this is your life when they have as many previous victims come testify and police officers. They have to show this was not out of character for the person to have commited the capital crime. So therefore a suspect might be not guilty but never innocent who is put to death in Texas. None have proven to be not guilty yet BTW.

Comment

Well I used to believe in our justice system, but after what I've witnessed in the Malice Green case, I can no long believe that. If 2 totally innocent police officers with outstanding records of service to the community can be wrongly convicted of 2nd degree murder, is it so hard to believe that they or some other innocent person could be wrongly convicted of murder and sentenced to death?

I strongly believe in the principle of the death penalty, but the Malice Green case has really given me doubts about whether to trust our system in applying the death penalty justly. I the particular case of McVeigh, he has admitted guilt so I say the sooner the better and if it were me, I'd put a muzzle on the media circus.

------------------
                            Thalia, mom of 10 (so far) "Women shouldn't have children after 35, thirty five children are enough."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4823 users online. 296 members and 4527 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X