Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's an idea, how 'bout just closing the door....

Just a thought...
    Went to Get a Cold Pop

Comment

In todays day and age of cameras I would think the officern would have chose a different way to handle her just for the sake of staying out of trouble. On the other hand I agree with OPERATORX. If she doesnt want her butt kicked around the shut the heck up. I'm sure she was running her mouth and acting like a fool thinking nothing would be done to her. SHe got a rude wake up call. If I'm the other officer I'm thinking..thanks alot for pulling me into this mess brother.
      John 3:16

Comment

Originally posted by redbird07 View Post
        If she doesnt want her butt kicked around the shut the heck up.
        I will never understand or agree with physically attacking someone because of something they said. Especially when you're in a position of authority.

To gain physical compliance? Sure. Protect yourself or others? Of course. Take into custody or arrest? Naturally.

To make her shut up? I'm not a LEO, but even I know that's just wrong.
        If I tell you what I know, I'd have to kill you. Fortunately, I don't know much.

Comment

Originally posted by ISPY4U2 View Post
          I will never understand or agree with physically attacking someone because of something they said. Especially when you're in a position of authority.
          I'd like to know what world you're living in. It's common sense not to push and prod somebody that has power, both physical and otherwise, over you because eventually they will lose patience and exercise that power. I'm not defending the way this deputy exercised this power but this is a basic rule of nature. If you poke and prod a bull long enough you'll eventually get the horns. It's the way the world works. I will never feel sorry for somebody that was stupid enough to challenge this basic rule of nature.

Reminds me of an employee I had that would constantly give me grief over every little thing. I can understand not wanting to do something but complaining about it to your boss right after they told you to do it isn't smart no matter what way you put it. I can deal with the occasional bad attitude but he would constantly mess with me. So much so that when I told him to do something he called back and said he wouldn't do it and I should "come out here and fire me then." He actually said this 2 times to me.

Guess what happened the second time?

Challenging somebody that has the power to make your life less enjoyable is a not a smart thing to do. Whether it's challenging somebody much bigger than you physically or challenging a boss/authority figure nothing good will come of it for you. This deputy just flew off the handle and went about it the wrong way. There would be no story and this rule of nature would have been followed if he had just sprayed her after she assualted him.

Comment

Originally posted by tony.o View Post
            please pay attention to whats already been discussed here, I think you've missed a few posts.
            Oh, you didn't give Bush those false weapons of mass destruction intelligence reports, did you?
            Sssshhh...they weren't false. They were "incorrectly analyzed." Get it straight.

I must have misunderstood something else in the thread, then. What did you mean when you said that?

Originally posted by unsworninpa104 View Post
            I'd like to know what world you're living in. It's common sense not to push and prod somebody that has power, both physical and otherwise, over you because eventually they will lose patience and exercise that power. I'm not defending the way this deputy exercised this power but this is a basic rule of nature. If you poke and prod a bull long enough you'll eventually get the horns. It's the way the world works. I will never feel sorry for somebody that was stupid enough to challenge this basic rule of nature.
            I don't feel sorry for her. At all. I have a teenage daughter and there have been times, as much as I love her, that I've wanted to take that route. But I didn't.

There's a difference between feeling sorry for her and thinking that violence in response to words is appropriate.

Reminds me of an employee I had that would constantly give me grief over every little thing. I can understand not wanting to do something but complaining about it to your boss right after they told you to do it isn't smart no matter what way you put it. I can deal with the occasional bad attitude but he would constantly mess with me. So much so that when I told him to do something he called back and said he wouldn't do it and I should "come out here and fire me then." He actually said this 2 times to me.

Guess what happened the second time?
            You rushed him, punched and kicked him, smashed his face on the wall, threw him to the floor by his hair, punched him two more times, then cuffed him and hauled him to his feet by his hair?

SOrry for the sarcasm (I sold my soul to make room for all of it), but you proved my point. I'm assuming you fired him. That's an appropriate response to his constant egging and attitude, just as closing the door and charging her with assaulting an officer, IMHO, would have been appropriate for her BS. Or macing her and restraining her. Or something other than pummeling her in anger.

Challenging somebody that has the power to make your life less enjoyable is a not a smart thing to do. Whether it's challenging somebody much bigger than you physically or challenging a boss/authority figure nothing good will come of it for you. This deputy just flew off the handle and went about it the wrong way. There would be no story and this rule of nature would have been followed if he had just sprayed her after she assualted him.
            I agree, but teenagers LIVE to challenge authority. Don't you remember being a teenager? I know that as a parent, I have to respond to my teenagers' constant challenges without repeatedly smashing their faces into the ground.

I think you and I agree more than disagree on this. Did she bring it on herself? Sure, maybe. But it still was an inappropriate response, and I still maintain that I don't care what someone calls me, nothing they SAY (short of "i'm going to kill your family" or some such crap) would warrant physical harm to them.
            If I tell you what I know, I'd have to kill you. Fortunately, I don't know much.

Comment

I must have misunderstood something else in the thread, then. What did you mean when you said that?

I was talking about the car.
              The liberal politician has the only job where they go to the office to work for everyone but those who pay their salary.

Comment

To gain physical compliance? Sure. Protect yourself or others? Of course. Take into custody or arrest? Naturally.

To make her shut up? I'm not a LEO, but even I know that's just wrong.
                You missed the point of my response. I'm not condoning what the officer did nor am I saying that running your mouth or any other type of behavior is deserving of a beating. My point is that some people talk trash and never think about the possible consequences of their remarks, whether it be police related or not. I'm sure she thought she could run her mouth and have no consequenses from the officer. And she had every right to think that being in this situation. Officers should have more sense than to sink to her level and dish out a smack down. I'm sure when the officer approached her she was thinking oh ****, what have I done. I deal with this sort of thing all the time and their comments go in one ear and out the other. I pay no attention to anything insulting they have to say. I mean, really, who cares what some dbag has to say about us. If you were a LEO you might have understood that I didnt mean she deserved the smack down to shut her up. Most of us agree that what the officer did was wrong.

Comment

nothing they SAY (short of "i'm going to kill your family" or some such crap) would warrant physical harm to them.
                  Point #2

This statement also doesnt warrant a physical response (unless the person is in a position to act on the comment, holding a knife, gun, or is physically aggressive with a family member present). Words are words. There is no reason to smack someone down JUST for what they say. People say things like this all the time. I had a guy tell me once that he knew where I lived and suggested that he would pay me a visit sometime. I informed him in the presence of my Sgt and 4 other officers that he was now recieving his warning not to step onto my property. Given his threats he would face the possibility of a swift and appropriated level of force to ensure that no harm came to me or a member of my family. Police do not use force to effect "physical harm" to a person. We use the level of force necessary given a certain situation to stop the threat, effect and arrest, or gain control of a person. Physical harm is not the objective, just a side effect.

Comment

Then I think we're all on more of the same page than perhaps it seemed. Except on the WMD thing....

Comment

Originally posted by Biggy Smallz
                      So when you arrest someone, your not punishing them? Your taking their freedom to do as they please away. I would say that's a pretty harsh punishment (to some folks.)
                      Before you ACTAULLY become a COP as opposed to touting your opinions like one with real first hand experience, you should learn the answer to your own question. Taking someone’s freedom (on scene arrest) away is not a punishment, its a by-product of an illegal act and often necessary to prevent further escalation of violence. After the case goes to trial and a sentence is rendered...that is punishment. What that cop on the video did was PUNISH a 15 year old for whatever the reason. He is/was a bully who gets off on making other people feel intimidated. There is no way to defend that video. Just watch the actions of the other guy. He is so surprised by his partners actions that he fails to really react...in other words, it was EXCESSIVE FORCE. He should have closed the door, or since she was 15 and may need to be removed form the CELL with force, get your supervisor, a video camera and play it by the numbers. THis is NOT a case of a fight that escalates into a bloody mess that required the used of a higher level of force in order to bring a peaceful resolution to a violent situation.
                      www.officerdownbracelets.com
                      R.L.T.W

Comment

It has been my personal philosophy not to monday morning quarterback instances brought up on this forum for discussion. Instead I like to talk about the issue at hand....

Here we have a Use of Force vs a Juvenile in custody incident.

While not commenting on this particular incident I can say from personal expierience Juveniles are tough to deal with. Sometimes just as bad or worse than adults. Sometimes they require handling like an adult.

I refuse to pass personel judgement based on a video but this case seems very controversial at best...
                        Retired 02/01/13

Comment

Originally posted by Biggy Smallz
                          Oh here we go again. I don't think I ever said what this officer did was ok, now did I? Also, I believe I said, some people will see their initial arrest as the first form of punishment before they get their real punishment from the courts.
                          Sometimes....actually many times, its the only punishment.
                          The liberal politician has the only job where they go to the office to work for everyone but those who pay their salary.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4295 users online. 269 members and 4026 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X