X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tony.o
    replied
    Originally posted by CityCopDC View Post
    If that was my daughter, I would own that agency and would never have to work another day in my life.
    I'm sure everyone with a daughter would feel that way, thats why that report should never have been taken.

Leave a comment:

• PRESSHRD5COPIES
    replied
    Originally posted by Nightshift va View Post
    Anyone can be sued. If we thought like that we would not react at all. The question is did she receive any real injuries as a result. If not what are you going to sue for she was already in the jail. There should be a more serious reaction to actions like she displayed in a correctional or jail facility because of the danger to the other people working in the jail by the other inmates. Otherwise everyone could just do what they wanted to do. If you are in the jail, a great deal of lattitude needs to be allowed to the jailers and the guards or deputies that work in such a volitle position surrounded by dangerous people. I doubt she will throw her shoes at him again.
    This is what his defense team will say, and it will not work. His actions are not justifiable regardless of the location.

Leave a comment:

• iammitch
    replied
    Originally posted by Biggy Smallz
    Now your putting words in my mouth. First of all, knowing all departments are different, I guess that shouldn't suprise me. Second, just because your child has your car doesn't mean it can't be stolen. If they take it without your permission, then it's technically a stolen vehicle. If your department doesn't take those kinds of reports, so be it. Sheesh, go get your BP checked
    plus, shes 15. stolen by someone who is not even a licensed driver.

Leave a comment:

• CityCopDC
    replied
    Originally posted by tony.o View Post
    I wouldn't do what he did, but I don't feel anything for that girl. I just don't think its some big deal.
    I dont feel anything for that girl either and I do think its a big deal. A grown @$$ man manhandling a "girl" half his size and weight from merely having a shoe come in contact with his shin. Im sure she was a smart mouth lil ***** and was probably mouthing off the whole time. I just hope that he would act that way with someone who was 6'1 200 lbs or more. If that was my daughter, I would own that agency and would never have to work another day in my life.

Leave a comment:

• yellowreef
    replied
    I just don't think its some big deal.
    Well, today's society feels different than you Tony. Standby for a civil rights violation prosecution, if the state doesn't charge and convict him.

Leave a comment:

• PRESSHRD5COPIES
    replied
    Unfortunately this gives us all a black eye. The public sees this video and thinks that all police officers are capable of doing this act.
    Yet another stupid officer getting caught on his own video system.

Leave a comment:

• Looker
    replied
    Since much of our time is dealing with people in confrontations, I think we should be given some leeway. He should cut some days from his department, thats it, no charges from some DA who would like to put an officer on his resume. The deputy probably did the next LEO who comes into contact with this itch a favor.
    Not saying what he did was right, I wouldn't do what he did, but I don't feel anything for that girl. I just don't think its some big deal.
    Copy that, brother.

Leave a comment:

• JSD73
    replied
    Originally posted by trinic View Post
    I hate when little wanna be's do this, I usually turn around, drive back by them, and spit out the window onto the ground. It's childish I know, but fun as hell.

Anyhow, either way, this deputy was out of line. Even if she spit on him he did not have the right to throw the @ss whippin he did on her.....and I'm from Alabama....that's hard to say...

Edit: I fixed your post for you...

LOL, thanks!

Leave a comment:

• tony.o
    replied
    Originally posted by Looker View Post

God love ya, Tony, but I gotta disagree. Would you overlook some guy walking down the street beating on his 15 year old girl like that? No way, Jose. The officer that found that video did the right thing.

Since much of our time is dealing with people in confrontations, I think we should be given some leeway. He should cut some days from his department, thats it, no charges from some DA who would like to put an officer on his resume. The deputy probably did the next LEO who comes into contact with this itch a favor.
    Not saying what he did was right, I wouldn't do what he did, but I don't feel anything for that girl. I just don't think its some big deal.

Leave a comment:

• trinic
    replied
    Originally posted by JSD73 View Post

We have turds spit at the ground when we drive by, or suck their teeth ....does it warrant a beat down? Yes.........................can we? No, not anymore, but there were those back in the day who would have taken notice of that kind of 'disrespect' and reacted accordingly.....those times are long gone.
    I hate when little wanna be's do this, I usually turn around, drive back by them, and spit out the window onto the ground. It's childish I know, but fun as hell.

Anyhow, either way, this deputy was out of line. Even if she spit on him he did not have the right to throw the @ss whippin he did on her.....and I'm from Alabama....that's hard to say...

Edit: I fixed your post for you...

Leave a comment:

• CityCopDC
    replied
    I was an explorer for a year. Rode with officers and went on calls with them. That didnt make me a "police officer." While your time as an explorer and as a PSO is admirable, that still doesnt give you the knowledge or insight that someone who is sworn and does this day in and day out has.
    Last edited by CityCopDC; 03-02-2009, 08:52 PM. Reason: An otter told me to.

Leave a comment:

• YELLOWLAB
    replied
    +1 CityCop,
    From what the video footage shows, it does not look good at all. The deputy, I believe lost his head. The girl may have been chirpin at him while in custody and the shoe was the final straw. He lost it, he may have done this plenty of times over his career, or not.

She was given a beat down, and he will have to answer for it. We all know or worked with guys who are overzealous, and some carry it to an extreme.

Leave a comment:

• CityCopDC
    replied
    Im with Looker on this one. Lets assume that the girl kicked her shoe off with enough force for the shoe to shatter every bone in the deputy's shin.

The deputy then:
    *Snap kicked her in the mid section
    *Punched her in the face.
    *Slammed her face into the wall.

Then from a scene from an old WWF video, the deputy then:
    *Slammed the girl on the ground (takedown)
    *Punched (2) times in what appears to be the head/neck/face area.
    *And finally picked up off the ground by what appears to be her hair.

The force used against that girl was excessive and extreme. However, I expect some of you, (one member in particular) to say that the deputy was in fear for his life, the shoe striking him rendered his leg/extremity useless and that the girl appeared to be high on pcp thus causing said deputy to dispense an entire shelf of an @$$ whoopin. Unfourtunately for that agency, they will be paying out a large sum of money to that girls family.

Leave a comment:

• ateamer
    replied
    For one thing, it has to do with state law. It's hard to draw comparisons between Washington and Illinois with regards to battery that doesn't cause injury. The facts of the two cases are not even comparable to any extent.

Leave a comment:

• bigislander72
    replied
    Originally posted by JimCorrigan View Post
    I am a citizen with 16 years in the private security industry.

Below are two links that give further details about this incident. They are from the Seattle PI that broke the story and obtained and released the original video.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/..._schene28.html

http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/s...sp?source=mypi

Apparently the county prosecutor will press misdemeanor assault charges against the officer. The girl was examined by paramedics and found to have suffered no injuries. If she had the charges would have been a felony assualt.
    "The girl was arrested after she was caught in her parents' car, which had been reported stolen from her parents' Tukwila home. Deputy Travis Brunner spotted the car driving without headlights about 3:45 a.m. on 32nd Avenue South in SeaTac and pulled it over.

She and another 15-year old girl were arrested and taken to SeaTac City Hall to be fingerprinted before being transported to the youth detention center."

At the time of the arrest they did not know that she had only taken her parents car without their permission.

I usually try to get friends and co-workers to withhold judgments that are hostile to police officers when these type of videos come up, like the BART incident shooting, from which very little can be inferred i.e. they were not there, the video shot was from a hand held cell phone that was jittery and told nothing of what was going on before.

The same for take downs shown from police dashboard cams, usually b&w, without sound and involving a person that is not in yet in restraints. I try to get them to remember that just watching a video does not give you all the facts and police officers are also innocent until proven guilty.

But this video is difficult to defend. It is from an official police video camera. I am sure she had a really bad attitude and was using foul language to the officers, but to me, simply shutting the door would have diffused the situation. I might think differently if this was some punk scumbag that needed to be taught a lesson, but this little wisp of a girl? That is a judgment call to be sure and I would hope all police officers strive for just that. After all, I think most officers, if they can, would like to avoid taking someone down if only for their own safety's sake.

This kind of behavior, if it in fact turns out to be unjustified, hurts all police in the eyes of the public.

Be safe out there.
    Thats the part I don't get. This looks as brutal, if not more than the Chicago police officer who beat the bartender up. He was charged with a felony, but his victim also did not suffer any major injuries.

I am confused by this reasoning. If your body is resilient and/or your attacker is inept at carrying out the attack, lesser charges are warranted?

I hope this does not apply to attacks with weapons. Wouldn't want someone who swung a machete at someones neck only getting a misdemeanor just because they missed.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2063 users online. 176 members and 1887 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X