300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remember D-Day

My uncle was there. Over 6000 American men died assaulting the beaches and LZ's of France on this date in 1944. Say a prayer of graditude for them. God bless America and our service men and women world wide.

Mack 811

I had a cousin over there. He was one of the lucky ones that came home without being wounded. He never wanted to talk about his experiences, and I can understand why. A few weeks after he got home he was injured in an auto accident practically in his own driveway. He took a lot of good natured kidding about that.

It's sad, but to many people Memorial Day and Fourth of July are just a chance to go fishing or hit the mall for the sales.

Comment

Deleted

[This message has been edited by wonderwoman (edited 06-07-2001).]

Comment

Amen
        Explorer Chief
        Streamwood, IL
        [email protected]

Comment

Sorry Wonderwoman, no disrespect intended. Remember also all the allies that took part, Canadian, English, Australian, etc.

Comment

Thanks for the reminder, Mack! May we never forget the sacrifices those brave men made 57 years ago.

------------------
            JB
            Romans 13:1-5
            JB
            Romans 13:1-5

Comment

No disrespect taken, I am in Canada that why I forwarded this one. I don't have access to theirs and they are most welcome to post them.

Comment

6P1 (retired)

Comment

Gee, this is not my original thread and I really don't want to start another international tango so I'll just delete it and reinforce that the point I thought was that we were remembering all those that died fighting for the cause.... My article was showing what the Canadians were doing in rememberence.

Comment

WW,

Also no disrespect intended by my flag post. All of our allies were heros in this.

I posted the flag because I happen to be an American, and I happen to be proud of it. I'm sure you are just as proud to be Canadian and others are proud of their national heritage.

------------------
                    I used to have an open mind - but my brains kept falling out.

6P1 (retired)
                    6P1 (retired)

Comment

Kudo's to the Americans

When you guys want to build a monument, you really know how to do it. I was very impressed with the D-day memorial, the sculptures were very stirring. I hope the Canadian memorial turns out half as good.
                      Graeme

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2859 users online. 166 members and 2693 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X