Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• big mak attack
    replied
    Im glad meth has not caught on yet here we see it every now and then but Crack, H. and PCP are the big 3 here. Crack was the top but now H is starting to be the drug of choice and PCP is making a strong comeback. PCP also has a strong smell that you cant mistake.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by TraumaRN View Post
    I'm just going to throw in my 2 cents on this question. As a nurse I do often run into tweakers. I didn't really catch on to the odor until I had smelled it a few times. There are variances in the odor, obviously, since everyone has different body chemistry. The best I can describe the smell is like 2 to 5 day old BO mixed with a kitty litter box. It is not a pleasant odor at all. I don't necessarily think the smell comes from the skin, but I think it is partly from people's breath. Tweaker's breath smells weird.
    I think this also varies with the quality and how the s**t was made TRN, like meth prepared in a copper environment takes on a green color, suck on a penny and see what your mouth tastes like. Red in color, red phosphorus, white in color ephedrine, blue in color iodine. So just imagine how some of this s**t is made in some of these back alleys and forests and imagine taking that into your body knowing that your pharmacist doesn't give a crap about what and who it hurts.......forgot lithium

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by TraumaRN View Post
    I'm just going to throw in my 2 cents on this question. As a nurse I do often run into tweakers. I didn't really catch on to the odor until I had smelled it a few times. There are variances in the odor, obviously, since everyone has different body chemistry. The best I can describe the smell is like 2 to 5 day old BO mixed with a kitty litter box. It is not a pleasant odor at all. I don't necessarily think the smell comes from the skin, but I think it is partly from people's breath. Tweaker's breath smells weird.
    Bruxism + hallitosis = awesome

Leave a comment:

• TraumaRN
    replied
    Originally posted by Jaguar57 View Post
    To anyone who wants to answer this, just curious what does that order smell

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I like 11550's...they're fun.

Very rarely do I encounter anyone U/I heroin..90% meth..maybe some cocaine here and there (migrant workers like that stuff for some reason...)

In ability to sit still, they'll constantly rub their fingers and thumbs together, sweating profusely in cold weather conditions. Burn marks on the lips and fingertips, white pasty tongue.

Have them close their eyes, eye tremors will be present. Fast rhomberg, high pulse.

Tweakers....tweak.

+1000 for the comment about nuts and bolts in jars and taking crap apart. I can't tell you how many disassembled cell phones and remote controls I've seen.

Remember the golden interview:
    You: When's the last time you used?
    Tweaker: A few months ago
    You: Lie to me again, you're going to county, and you wont be able to score for a few days. Tell me the truth, you get a ticket and kicked out the back door. So when was the last time? Yesterday?
    Tweaker: Yeah.
    Last edited by Blizzination; 10-02-2009, 02:53 AM.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Not trying to hijack anyone's thread here but I thought this may be of interest. I keep some of that alcohol hand sanitizer in my truck just simply because I am a little disgusted at what I see at times, call me paranoid. So anyway when I get done doing anything I give myself a shot or two and I'm off. Well I noticed that when I got back into my truck after a few hours it smelled just like someone had a martini in there. The reason that I'm saying this is because it might be considered both ways, 1. someone might be using it to mask, (like any of you would fall for that right!) and 2. a false accusation, but in my opinion if I smell alcohol I smell alcohol and I'll say something. I remember a female coworker saying after wafting the air " I smell alcohol, I smell alcohol " as if to say one of the people present was drinking, I stuffed my hand under her face and said -does it smell like this-

Leave a comment:

• DTM_87
    replied
    I had to wrestle a shoplifting methhead down once. I took about 5 showers that night trying to get rid of the smell, but to no avail.

Leave a comment:

• Kieth M.
    replied
    Originally posted by OperatorEX
    Heroin users often use a stimulant as well such as crack/meth as a pickup to the low of Heroin
    Yep, if they'll do one drug, chances are they'll do another to counteract the one they're on.

I'll never forget stopping a Hollywood prostitute who threw a syringe away when I made contact with her. While doing the DRE exam, her pupils exhibited hippus...alternately constricting and dilating, as the drugs fought each other for control.

When I went through DRE school the term to describe that kind of user was, "He's a Chemical Gourmet"

Leave a comment:

• nuthead
    replied
    Originally posted by Presence 1* View Post
    these people are super paranoid and also like to spend their time by disassembling electronics.

no clue why, but these items and behaviors seem to be prevalent among the tweakers.
    It's because they can't sleep and they're "energized" so they'll often spend their time trying to "fix" things or just wanting to see how they work.

Leave a comment:

• Green Eye 55
    replied
    Meth smell

I once had an employee that was a meth user. I didn't know at the time, but, of course, once I found out he was gone.
    I can only describe the odor as being a cross between recently puking, too much cologne, and badly needing a shower. Once you smell it, you never forget.
    I'm glad to say that I have recently heard that he is clean and has stayed that way. I really hope so for him, nasty, nasty stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Presence 1*
    replied
    these people are super paranoid and also like to spend their time by disassembling electronics.

no clue why, but these items and behaviors seem to be prevalent among the tweakers.

Leave a comment:

• Taylor13
    replied
    Engine parts in your living room and sink? Rusty nuts and bolts in your garage? LMAO.

Leave a comment:

• codemanski
    replied
    Hotsoup,
    Kinda like dirty socks and a litter box all rolled into one, huh? Close as I can come to describing the odor. Also be mindful to the suspect who uses tons of perfume to try to cover it up...users KNOW they smell, but the next high is the priority. Be safe!
    Codeman

Leave a comment:

• HotSoup
    replied
    Originally posted by dmr400 View Post
    Great thread, this kind of thing is one of the reasons I joined the forum. My question is, are there any good resources out there that show the signs (physical and incidental) of drug use? I'm pursuing a position in Law Enforcement, but am woefully ignorant of the "drug culture" for lack of a better term. Have never used any kind of drug or associated with anyone more into them than a few recreational Marijuana users and am trying to broaden my knowledge base. Thanks!
    The best resource is probably street experience for catching the signs and symptoms...class work and reading material can tell you what those signs are but being out on the street and seeing it first hand will work the best IMO. Perfect example is when I was a rookie and riding with a senior Officer he pointed out that Meth "smell" that all tweekers have. Didn't know before hand what the smell was until he pointed it out...it's not something you can describe but once it's been pointed out you'll never forget it and you'll know that when you smell it you'll be dealing with a tweeker.

Leave a comment:

• dmr400
    replied
    Great thread, this kind of thing is one of the reasons I joined the forum. My question is, are there any good resources out there that show the signs (physical and incidental) of drug use? I'm pursuing a position in Law Enforcement, but am woefully ignorant of the "drug culture" for lack of a better term. Have never used any kind of drug or associated with anyone more into them than a few recreational Marijuana users and am trying to broaden my knowledge base. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3332 users online. 166 members and 3166 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X