300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange Goings on...

In my home county; the supervisers just gave themselves a "living wage," increase so their salaries are now 120,000 a year. In this same county, our sheriffs are paid so little; that we have a slight shortage, so much so that right now there's about 1 officer for ever 20,000 people in the county... The average price of a house is 512,000, so with their current salary of 40,000, it's impossible to buy a house...

How is it that blatant corruption like this can go on?!! There's not even public outcry about it! just crazy... The supervisers are so blatantly lining their pockets it's astounding!

And what State would that be in? By supervisors, do you mean within County Gov't or within the Department?

Half mill avg for a house, huh....

------------------
    FLLawdog
    "Never try to teach a pig to sing...it wastes your time and it annoys the pig."

Comment

Hmmmm must be CA.....
      [email protected] "Where there is love, there is no imposition"- Albert Einstien.

Comment

Nice try, but banned means.....don't come back son.

Go away and let the adults talk.

------------------
        Niteshift-
        Perseverate In Pugna

Comment

That was a troll !!! Dang...I missed the clues....

------------------
          FLLawdog
          "Never try to teach a pig to sing...it wastes your time and it annoys the pig."

[This message has been edited by FLLawdog (edited 06-06-2001).]

Comment

I know where this is...it sounds exactly like the S.O. I work for...yes, the median price for a home in Santa Cruz, CA is about 500k +...you can't buy an outhouse for less than 275...
            We have been without a contract for one year...Deputies are leaving right and left for Santa Clara County and points north...in Santa Clara, they make up to 50% more...The sheriff just announced he is removing the community deputies back to patrol due to staffing shortages...Virtually every shift has to use overtimers to maintain staffing...Why do I stay...Oh,yes, can't beat the weather here on the bay, we have some of the finest, motivated, dedicated cops around...Even with the problems, everyone stays motivated, works hard and sticks with it...After almost 13 years, I am excited about going to work each day as when I came out of the academy...(Did I mention my brother gets out of the Academy in 2 1/2 weeks...We will have fun)
            We don't begrudge the Board of Supes getting a raise...their cost of living is as high as ours and it is a full-time plus job for them...We will get through it...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2841 users online. 155 members and 2686 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X