Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 Inauguration Stories

To anyone who worked the 2009 Presidential Inauguration:

First off Congratulations on getting through it and I hope everyone stayed safe and warm.

Does anyone have any interesting stories that took place yesterday? What were your specific duties? Also is there an arrest count for the day? I would like to know any information on the day from anyone who worked close by.

Thanks
    Last edited by cavsfan1212; 01-21-2009, 11:42 AM.

Originally posted by cavsfan1212 View Post
    To anyone who worked the 2009 Presidential Inauguration:

First off Congratulations on getting through it and I hope everyone stayed safe and warm.

Does anyone have any interesting stories that took place yesterday? What were your specific duties? Also is there an arrest count for the day? I would like to know any information on the day from anyone who worked close by.

Thanks

Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore supposedly gave an officer in my unit a hard time. Seems they think they are exempt from security. And, are not required to do what an officer tells them to do. I understand the officer gave them a very rude awakening...

Comment

Originally posted by Joe159 View Post
      Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore supposedly gave an officer in my unit a hard time. Seems they think they are exempt from security. And, are not required to do what an officer tells them to do. I understand the officer gave them a very rude awakening...
      I bet 40+ year-old Demi was trying to sneak into MTV's Youth Inaugural Ball. Didn't she know that they define "youth" as persons between the ages of 18 and 35?

Thirty-five? I think I lost my "youth" tag at about age 22...
      The Blog: Slam Dunks

Comment

I saw a counter-sniper team looking at me, while I was looking at them look at me look at them. It was awesome. We were all just looking away!

Comment

all tht looking CCDC, is what could get others into trouble.
          ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
          Oscar Wilde

Comment

Originally posted by texaschickeee View Post
            all tht looking CCDC, is what could get others into trouble.
            Just trying to bait fellow officers. He is into that.
            Space for rent .........

Comment

We were at 4th and Penn, right across from the Canadian Embassy. That was probably the coldest I have ever been on a post. I really felt for Miami and Metro Dade, who were across the street from us...it must have really sucked for them.

Nothing dramatic to report. getting out of bed at 0115 and not getting back to my room until 2000 made for a looooong day.

I think it's funny that the news reported how orderly the crowd was....there were several times during the day that it didn't sound like it on the radio. Pushing down fencing and crowding into streets is not my idea of calm. All in all, I can't complain, the crowd where we were was pretty mellow.

All in all, it was quite an experience. My only suggestion would be to move the event to June
              Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

I was watching this squirrel in the crowd. Dude just did not look right, nothing I could put my finger on, no ARS, but my spidey sense was tingling. I was making sure I had a good description of him if needed. I stepped over to my partner to point him out, and as I did that he leans over and says, "Hey. See that guy in the blue hat." LOL we were both eyeballing the same dude. A bit later two UC's were standing behind him and I said something about them to the MPD liason officer. He asked, "How did you know they were UC's?" Oh, I don't know, the matching goatees maybe? LOL He ditched the UC's, but the SS snatched him up later based on our description of him and his "wife". We got to talking about it later and was like, "You know, she was carrying a "baby", but we just saw a bundle, never saw a child. And the wife looked Somali." Never heard what happened on it in the end though.

Watched a couple of parents happily expose their small children to hypothermia just to see their messiah. We and a Guardsman finally convinced one lady to take her small child inside to warm up. I am pretty sure the kid was verging on hypothermia. Sitting on the sidewalk in a cheap K-mart jacket with 5deg windchills is not my idea of keeping my kid safe.

Comment

Originally posted by scratched13 View Post
                  Just trying to bait fellow officers. He is into that.
                  You obviously didnt get the joke. Im not surprised because well...its you..

Comment

1.Watched Marine 1 land and take off literally no more then 40 yards from me.

2.Watched several get blown on their *** from the wind of the blades..verry funny I may add

3. Watched more then i can count jump our fences Mon/Tues to try to get too stage

4. Got some awesome pics

5. Had a very nice discussion with 1 of the transportation secretarys drivers for attempting to sneak an person by who DIDNT have an ID at all....he lost that battle

6. Had CCDC bring me some awesome food after it was all over.....oh wait,that didnt happen at all
                    Just shut your damn hole

Dead Souls-----They keep calling me

Comment

Originally posted by Chiller View Post
                      1.Watched Marine 1 land and take off literally no more then 40 yards from me.

2.Watched several get blown on their *** from the wind of the blades..verry funny I may add

3. Watched more then i can count jump our fences Mon/Tues to try to get too stage

4. Got some awesome pics

5. Had a very nice discussion with 1 of the transportation secretarys drivers for attempting to sneak an person by who DIDNT have an ID at all....he lost that battle

6. Had CCDC bring me some awesome food after it was all over.....oh wait,that didnt happen at all
                      Look man, I called YOU, not the other way around. And when I called, you didnt answer the phone. Figures....

Comment

I heard from a local agency that some officers were required to be unarmed. Was that true?
                        Though their numbers are many, as the grass upon the field, we will count them at the end of the day.

Comment

Anyone got pics?

Comment

Originally posted by kingsman View Post
                            I heard from a local agency that some officers were required to be unarmed. Was that true?
                            I would like to see pics too! My friend who worked it said he was'nt allowed to wear his taser on his belt.
                            "Its not what you know, its what you can prove."-Training Day

"Game on, bitches. Whoop whoop, flash the lights, pull it over."

Comment

I got lots of pics.....alledgedly
                              Just shut your damn hole

Dead Souls-----They keep calling me

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6257 users online. 352 members and 5905 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X