Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick question about going to court

Hey there,

I got a few quick questions for you people, but let me give you some background on the situation.

I was going along road A and in the turn lane to make a left hand turn to road B. the lights were red but as I got up to them they turned green. I did not see the turn light had not changed (must have been pressure plate) and I went through it. At this point I was stopped. Found out my plates and registration was expired (my bday is in december) and so i got a misdemeanor for expired plates, and a civil infraction for a disobeyed traffic control device. He was cool enough to tone it down from running a red light. I now have to goto court for it. This all happened at sunday at 2am and monday morning I went and got the plates renewed.

Now, is there anything I can do to help myself so I don't get points on my license? I goto school in the US but I live 4 hours away in Canada, and so didn't get the notice to re-register the plates. The other thing is, I've only had a car for a year and a half, and so I haven't gotten into the habit of renewing my plates on my birthday, and at the time I was in the middle of exams. I do realize this sounds like I'm making alot of excuses, but I'm just trying to plead my case here. I'm kinda proud of having a clean driving record before this, and don't take chances on the road doing stupid things. This really was an honest mistake, and because of being stopped, I know I won't forget to renew my plates.

Since I've never gone to court for something like this, can you tell me what to expect? is there any way to avoid getting heavily fined (being a poor college student) and having points on my license?

Thanks for your time,

Fury.

Moving to Ask a cop

------------------
    Niteshift-
    Perseverate In Pugna

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5946 users online. 345 members and 5601 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X