• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aussie temper?

Man dies after wife allegedly set genitals on fire

Jan. 6, 2009 06:21 AM
    Associated Press

ADELAIDE, Australia - An Australian woman accused of setting her husband's genitals on fire because she thought he was having an affair has been charged with murder.

Prosecutors said 44-year-old Rajini Narayan confessed to neighbors that she set her husband on fire on Dec. 8, 2008, after she saw him hug another woman.

She was initially charged with endangering life and arson but the charges were upgraded to murder after her 47-year-old husband, Satish Narayan, died from his injuries last week.

Prosecutor Lucy Boord said Narayan told neighbors she was a "jealous wife" but she hadn't meant to kill him when she doused the sleeping man's genitals with an alcohol-based solvent and then set him on fire.

Boord quoted Narayan allegedly saying: "I just wanted to burn his penis so it belongs to me and no one else. ... I didn't mean this to happen."

The husband jumped out of bed and knocked over the bottle of alcohol, causing the fire to spread and resulting in 1 million Australian dollars ($711,000) of damage to their town house and an adjacent property, the Adelaide Advertiser reported.

Narayan was remanded in custody for psychological assessment and will reappear in court Friday. She has been charged with murder, arson and three counts of endangering life, as the couple's three children were at home during the incident.
    R.I.P. Sgt. 1st Class Raymond J. Munden

You're service and sacrifice will not be forgotten.

Kieth M.
    I once knew a guy who said, "I'll step over any nine to get to three threes!"

I knew at that precise moment that he and I would never get into a fistfight over a woman.

Am I sick to be laughing at this?

Comment

Nahhh... Lord knows it caused me to titter a bit myself. I got a mental picture of that was like something out a Simpsons episode. Satish hopping out of bed, hollering like Homer - *crash* alcohol bottle busts - d'oh! - hopping about madly *whooosh* - Satishkabobs.

I know, I have a sick mind.
      R.I.P. Sgt. 1st Class Raymond J. Munden

You're service and sacrifice will not be forgotten.

Kieth M.
      I once knew a guy who said, "I'll step over any nine to get to three threes!"

I knew at that precise moment that he and I would never get into a fistfight over a woman.

Comment

So she burned the hot dog, but did she toast the buns as well?

Comment

A weinie roast down under?

I know I know, I'll be here all week, remember to tip your server.
          "Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything!"-Wyatt Earp

"You never know when crazy will show up!"-Irishdep

Comment

This beats the "Lorena Bobbit" gig of a few years back.

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipCal View Post
              This beats the "Lorena Bobbit" gig of a few years back.
              Right, she chose take out over cooking in!
              "Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything!"-Wyatt Earp

"You never know when crazy will show up!"-Irishdep

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4410 users online. 211 members and 4199 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X