X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GRACE
    replied
    Jellybean40,

Yep, it is a "very fine" armband. I know about the being chicken part. I wasn't going to have the inscription put underneath my arm but in honor of my brother I would endure anything.

That is cool that you had a half one designed. I have seen some half ones that were really poorly done. You know the bands that look like someone started them and then changed their mind!

Leave a comment:

• jellybean40
    replied
    ok, thats what i was thinking. kind of like a "very fine" arm band.

mine is an armband, but doesnt go around the inside of my arm... i was chicken! but he didnt make it look half-done, he designed a half-one ahead of time.

[ 08-27-2002, 02:57 AM: Message edited by: jellybean40 ]

Leave a comment:

• GRACE
    replied
    Sorry, it is kinda hard to visualize but let me try another way.

If I had my arms down at my side and you were looking at it -- the heart, flowers, and vine (the only things visible)would be facing you and the whole tat sits just at the top of my bicep.

It is in the same area that most people would put their celtic bands but mine is just a line (looks like someone took black eyeliner and drew a line around my arm) with small flowers.

Sorry for the confusion!

Leave a comment:

• ateamer
    replied
    When I retire (15 years away), I'm going to get a tattoo right across the back of my neck. It will be the Government(?) Code section which establishes the Public Employees' Retirement System and the date my pension becomes effective.

I keep telling my wife I'm going to get flight wings with my pilot certificate number inked on the left side of my chest. Sooner or later, she'll just accept it and I'll come home with the tattoo.

I also want a barbell across my back with the slogan "Never Give Up!", which is my motto for just about anything, especially in the gym.

Leave a comment:

• jellybean40
    replied
    i'm confused...where is the bicep/delt area of the arm compared to where your tattoo is?

Leave a comment:

• GRACE
    replied
    I agree on the bicep/delt area being a no-go for most women. When I was in the Marines I knew a young lady with the "Death before Dishonor" tat on her left bicep and it was huge and ugly......

Personally, I am an ink junkie. I have two petite ones that aren't visible in professional dress. I do show them off though when I am not required to dress up.

One is on my left arm and it is a thin vine that goes around my arm and comes together in the middle (front on top of the outside of my arm) with a heart. On the underside of my arm is a crucifix with my brothers name inscripted below. It was a memorial tat for him......

The second one is on my shoulder-- same theme with the heart and rose and my name. Both are small and feminine, IMHO.

Leave a comment:

• Arctic Cop
    replied
    With a name like Popeye, you gotta be tattooed. I have one to pay homage to the seven seas, one Celtic related, and one to honor my Olive Oyl..

Leave a comment:

• Sparky
    replied
    I knew a guy who got a certain curse word tattoed on his inner lip once.

Looked painful!

Leave a comment:

• Pigskin
    replied
    Song lyrics:
    I'm gonna find me a woman
    with a choice tattoo.
    I'm gonna find me a woman
    with a choice tattoo.
    'Cause I know that tattooed woman,
    She know what to do.

I think a woman could have a small tattoo in a discreet location, such as ankle, thigh, hip, etc., but I'm not keen on them. Saw a woman the other day with a big dragon going up her outer right calf. No, now that's a turn-off. Surely don't have one myself & neither does the wife.

Leave a comment:

• blondie72
    replied
    I simply had to *bump* this topic, too.

I love tats on men, I think they look sexy.

I have a few tats, too. I frequently get compliments on them.

I have one on my arm (a spiral leaf design), and I can honestly say that I've never been called 'butch'

Leave a comment:

• Darkwulfe
    replied
    quote:
    Originally posted by SGT Dave:

Rugbyman: Saw a bumper sticker yesterday:

"Give Blood-Play Rugby" Thought that was cute...

I have that one on my truck =), played rugby in college.

Leave a comment:

• ateamer
    replied
    I have two. I don't care what anyone else thinks about them. Unfortuneately, my wife doesn't like ink. I do like tats on women.

Leave a comment:

• Sam
    replied
    I had a drill instructor that had a bunch of tattoos; I asked him if he was happy he had them. He said

Leave a comment:

• MK219
    replied
    I never cried during my tatooing, but my wallet still has the teeth marks on it!

Leave a comment:

replied
    I abhor tattoos.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4472 users online. 255 members and 4217 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X