Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I retire (15 years away), I'm going to get a tattoo right across the back of my neck. It will be the Government(?) Code section which establishes the Public Employees' Retirement System and the date my pension becomes effective.

I keep telling my wife I'm going to get flight wings with my pilot certificate number inked on the left side of my chest. Sooner or later, she'll just accept it and I'll come home with the tattoo.

I also want a barbell across my back with the slogan "Never Give Up!", which is my motto for just about anything, especially in the gym.
    Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Sorry, it is kinda hard to visualize but let me try another way.

If I had my arms down at my side and you were looking at it -- the heart, flowers, and vine (the only things visible)would be facing you and the whole tat sits just at the top of my bicep.

It is in the same area that most people would put their celtic bands but mine is just a line (looks like someone took black eyeliner and drew a line around my arm) with small flowers.

Sorry for the confusion!
      "Life breaks us all and afterwards some are strong at the broken places."
      --Ernest Hemingway, A Farewell to Arms

Comment

ok, thats what i was thinking. kind of like a "very fine" arm band.

mine is an armband, but doesnt go around the inside of my arm... i was chicken! but he didnt make it look half-done, he designed a half-one ahead of time.

[ 08-27-2002, 02:57 AM: Message edited by: jellybean40 ]
        "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

Comment

Jellybean40,

Yep, it is a "very fine" armband. I know about the being chicken part. I wasn't going to have the inscription put underneath my arm but in honor of my brother I would endure anything.

That is cool that you had a half one designed. I have seen some half ones that were really poorly done. You know the bands that look like someone started them and then changed their mind!
          "Life breaks us all and afterwards some are strong at the broken places."
          --Ernest Hemingway, A Farewell to Arms

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3564 users online. 205 members and 3359 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X