Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Graffiti Wall Valdalized with......Graffiti????

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graffiti Wall Valdalized with......Graffiti????

You've got to hand it to the Brits (I think).

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...cle1813945.ece

Graffiti wall is vandalised

By STAFF REPORTER

Published: 15 Oct 2008

A BLANK wall built for teenage graffiti artists has been vandalised by an angry resident writing – ”I paid my tax and all I got was this lousy wall”.
    The £3,000 6ft high by 30ft long wall was installed so youths could practice their graffiti artwork without using local property.

But ahead of its opening on October 31 the fed-up resident sneaked behind a security fence and daubed a protest about the use of taxpayer’s money.

The wall, in Wadebridge, Cornwall, was funded by Wadebridge Town Council, Wadebridge Town Forum and North Cornwall District Council.

It was built in the town’s Jubilee Park and was the brainchild of Sergeant Robin Moorcroft who has vowed to investigate the graffiti.

Coward

He said it is "ironic" because most of the cost was subsidised by local businesses who supplied free materials and labour.

"The ironic thing is that the wall has been built thanks to the generosity of local people giving time and resources for free," he said.

"But it is now going to cost the taxpayer, as we will have to crime it, investigate it and paint over it.

"We have been working hard to try to provide something positive for the community and this coward and their juvenile delinquent act has set a terrible example to the youth of the town.

"All residents were given the opportunity to raise objections during the planning process. This person could have come and spoken to us instead of committing this petty act.

"To paint graffiti on the wall and remain anonymous shows this person has no courage, I would have more respect if he or she came forward and admitted responsibility."

But one resident added: "I suppose you could say the writing is on the wall. People around here think the money could be better spent on more worthy projects.

"It seems like an awful waste of time and money - especially during a credit crunch."

++++++++++++++++

Now, I've got to ask our UK brothers across the pond - this is what the wall was built for, so what's the problem?
    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

And... if it was such a problem, why not just move the "opening" to the other side of the wall? The "vandal" probably left it blank anyway...
    sigpic

Comment

Paint over it...and then move on if you ask me. This seems to be someoe's attempt at being "Bad" and I wouldn't say pursue it unless this is repeated.
      Dark and light shall merge to one, I cannot finish, what I haven't begun.

Originally posted by Monkeybomb
      What pic are you looking at. Its a babbons @55

Comment

Originally posted by Explorer528 View Post
        Paint over it...and then move on if you ask me. This seems to be someoe's attempt at being "Bad" and I wouldn't say pursue it unless this is repeated.
        But the whole point of the wall is that it's a place for people to be able to intentionally spray graffiti, instead vandalizing someone else's building. Then when someone sprays graffiti on the wall as it was built for, they get upset.

I'm confused.
        Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Hilarious.

Comment

I dont get it. Are they upset because the graffiti that was done was not as...aesthetically pleasing as they were hoping? WTF?

Comment

I wish there was a wall like that around here!

Not to put graffiti on but to practice jumping over for physical agility tests! It’s the perfect height!
              Virginia Beach Police Dept. (First choice)

05-2-09 Applied

09-17-09 Written/Physical/B-Pad

Hanover County Sheriff’s Dept.

01-13-09 Applied

Hiring freeze for two years??

sigpic

Comment

City Graffiti Rules:

1. Graffiti must be performed only on the Graffiti Wall, located in the Graffiti Art Yard.
                2. Time on the Graffiti Wall must be scheduled at least 48 hours in advance.
                3. All designs must be submitted to the Graffiti Approval Committee, which is headquartered in the Graffiti Art Yard. The G.A.Y. is open from 8:00 to 11:00, Monday to Friday. Designs will be submitted on paper, in full color. Please submit all designs in triplicate.
                4. A nominal fee of 5 pounds will be charged on all submissions, to cover filing fees. This fee may be refunded if the design is rejected by the G.A.Y. Committee. The refund forms are located in City Hall.
                5. All approved graffiti will remain on the wall for a period of one week. At this time, you are required to return to the Wall and paint over your artwork. The approved cover paint is available for purchase from any G.A.Y. employee.
                6. The city may, at any time, utilize the Graffiti Wall to display important civic information such as upcoming events, community news, and press releases.
                7. The Graffiti Wall is here for your enjoyment! We are pleased to offer this service to the community. In order to keep the G.A.Y. clean for the enjoyment of all, please pick up all refuse and place it in the proper receptacles, located in the rear of the G.A.Y. Thank you for your cooperation!
                If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

---Jack Handey

Comment

Originally posted by School Cop View Post
                  City Graffiti Rules:

1. Graffiti must be performed only on the Graffiti Wall, located in the Graffiti Art Yard.
                  2. Time on the Graffiti Wall must be scheduled at least 48 hours in advance.
                  3. All designs must be submitted to the Graffiti Approval Committee, which is headquartered in the Graffiti Art Yard. The G.A.Y. is open from 8:00 to 11:00, Monday to Friday. Designs will be submitted on paper, in full color. Please submit all designs in triplicate.
                  4. A nominal fee of 5 pounds will be charged on all submissions, to cover filing fees. This fee may be refunded if the design is rejected by the G.A.Y. Committee. The refund forms are located in City Hall.
                  5. All approved graffiti will remain on the wall for a period of one week. At this time, you are required to return to the Wall and paint over your artwork. The approved cover paint is available for purchase from any G.A.Y. employee.
                  6. The city may, at any time, utilize the Graffiti Wall to display important civic information such as upcoming events, community news, and press releases.
                  7. The Graffiti Wall is here for your enjoyment! We are pleased to offer this service to the community. In order to keep the G.A.Y. clean for the enjoyment of all, please pick up all refuse and place it in the proper receptacles, located in the rear of the G.A.Y. Thank you for your cooperation!
                  ROFLMAO

Thank you, I needed that!
                  LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO DRINK CHEAP BEER!

Comment

Nice wall. OK,let's see. Wall was purpose built for grafitti. Subject shows up, paints grafitti on wall. Cops get upset. I'm confused too.

Comment

Originally posted by andy5746 View Post
                      ROFLMAO

Thank you, I needed that!
                      And this: Absolutely priceless!!

Comment

School Cop at first i though you weren't kidding with the rules, because the Brits have lost their minds about all this politically correct rubbish and such.
                        sigpic

"Hail Hail State Police, king of the road can follow me, nothing in this world is free, a Troopers life was made for me".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5liO4zFVuI

Comment

*trying to contain laughter*"10-8, *snickers* no offense, any other calls holding?"

Comment

Sarcasm....part of the English Language that hasn't made it across the pond (along with Irony).

sar·casm (särkzm)
                            n.
                            1. A cutting, often ironic remark intended to wound.
                            2. A form of wit that is marked by the use of sarcastic language and is intended to make its victim the butt of contempt or ridicule.
                            The Allfather wove the skein of your life a long time ago. Go and hide in a hole if you wish, but you won't live one instant longer. Your fate is fixed. Fear, profits a man nothing.

Comment

I had to double check the OP to make sure this wasn't an "onion" link story .

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8317 users online. 375 members and 7942 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X