• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's Buy This Guy Lunch

http://wcco.com/local/fox.urine.charges.2.886589.html

Go to the link and click on the video.

Man Charged For Spraying Pranksters With Fox Urine

(WCCO) Fifty-year-old Scott Wagar says he's sick of teenage pranksters vandalizing his house.

"For seven years now I have been spending a week in my front yard guarding it and defending it," said 50-year-old Scott Wagar.

Wagar never used to have a problem with homecoming traditions, until he became one. Years ago he caught a group of Willmar High School students trying to cover his house in toilet paper and he made them clean it up. Since then, the pranksters have been coming back for more.

"They come with ketchup, and peanut butter, and eggs and toilet paper," said Wagar.

This year, Wagar borrowed a pair of night vision goggles from his son and waited outside. It wasn't long before he saw a group of about 20 kids approaching his house from the east, through a soybean field. He confronted them and asked them to leave. They refused and began throwing eggs at him. That's when Scott unleashed his secret weapon.

"I figured that fox urine against eggs was probably equal force, and so I should be okay," said Wagar.

Using a Super Soaker squirt gun, Wagar sprayed the teens with fox urine. One teen grabbed him around the neck, and when he wouldn't let go, Wagar bent his finger back.

That is when the cops showed up and the kids ran. One teen left his cell phone behind, and when his father called to get it back, Wagar said he needed $100 for property damages first.

"He said, 'Well I ain't going to pay that.' I says, 'Well then I guess we don't have anything to talk about,'" said Wagar.

But Wagar's 'battle in the bushes' recently took a turn when he found out he was being charged with 5th degree assault for spraying the teens.

"I get front page coverage now all because someone is trying to make me a criminal, all because I didn't want my property destroyed. There is something wrong with that whole picture in my opinion," said Wagar.

Others around town seem to agree with Wagar.

"Personally, in the past it sounded like he had asked for help and had not received any. I may have taken matters into my own hands as well," said Michael Thompson.

Lucas Smit agreed, "Maybe there is a better approach to take, but I don't think I would have put up with that either."

If convicted, Wagar could face up to 90 days in jail and a $1,000 fine. He is also being charged with disorderly conduct for his altercation with the teen, and theft for keeping the cell phone. The Kandiyohi County Attorney wouldn't say if any of the teenagers will be charged.
    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

What ever happened to good ole rock salt in shotgun shells? I hope he gets away with it but I have to wonder, how did he manage to come up with the fox urine?

Comment

Kudos to Mr Wagar. I am certain no judge or jury will come down too hard on him. He has become somewhat of a neighborhood hero and I think there would be too many repercussions from prosecuting him. BTW, when did it become assault when someone jumps on your back and you defend yourself?
      Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

What I want to know is how do you get enough fox urine to fill a Super Soaker? Do to follow the critters around with a cup? Buy 'em some beer and wait for the inevitable?

Comment

Good question. In a society so concerned with "sending the right message", this DA seems to to have sent the wrong one here . Let's see: Kid has the subject in what anywhere else would be a choke hold. Guy fights back, breaks the hold=self defense in most places. Defends his property with reasonable force=another right. Is out numbered 20-1? This guy should have gotten a medal.

Comment

Well, if he loses, I will be more than happy to come up to his house next year and give him a hand!

What about the 3rd degree trespassing, assault, disorderly conduct, and criminal mischief charges against the teens?

Comment

Originally posted by L-1 View Post

That is when the cops showed up and the kids ran. One teen left his cell phone behind, and when his father called to get it back, Wagar said he needed $100 for property damages first.

What's wrong with parents these days? If one of my kids did that they wouldn't own a cell phone for as long as they lived in my house... and they wouldn't be able to sit down for a week.

What if a burglar comes onto your property and leaves his crow bar behind and then presses charges for stealing because you wouldn't give it back to him? Same concept.

Comment

Originally posted by SgtCHP View Post
                Kudos to Mr Wagar. I am certain no judge or jury will come down too hard on him. He has become somewhat of a neighborhood hero and I think there would be too many repercussions from prosecuting him. BTW, when did it become assault when someone jumps on your back and you defend yourself?
                You are right on the money. Well said. I can't help but wonder if one of the dirtlegs parents knows someone in the prosecuting attorney's office and is getting a favor.
                Officer discretion is a wonderful thing. Had I responded to this call and investigated it I would have told the kids parents to pound sand. There is no way I would arrest this gentleman for what he did.
                Next time he needs to bend the kids finger a little further. Atleast til he hears a snap.
                Prov 17:17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

Comment

Originally posted by Seventy2002 View Post
                  What I want to know is how do you get enough fox urine to fill a Super Soaker? Do to follow the critters around with a cup? Buy 'em some beer and wait for the inevitable?
                  You can buy it in sporting goods stores, it's a critter repellent. Makes lil critters think there's foxes around who will eat them!

I hope they drop the charges against the guy.
                  "Of course America had often been discovered before Columbus, but it had always been hushed up."

Comment

Originally posted by Nikk View Post
                    Makes lil critters think there's foxes around who will eat them!
                    Last year I had to chase a bear off my neighbor's front porch. I don't think fox urine would have helped, unless it comes in a 12-gauge load.

The bears do eat lil critters, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikk View Post
                      You can buy it in sporting goods stores, it's a critter repellent. Makes lil critters think there's foxes around who will eat them!

I hope they drop the charges against the guy.
                      Thank you for answering that, because I thought maybe the guy was into that kinda stuff......if you know what I mean.

Anyways I think it's crazy that he's getting charged, but hey thats life.
                      Gov Blagojevich - "I'am the American dream...."

Comment

I would have squirted them with OC in self defense if they were throwing eggs at me. And I would sue the children and their parents.

Comment

Wow. Just...wow. A guy defending his property with what I see as minimal force is charged with assault? There were TWENTY kids. TWENTY! Enough to have made me feel very threatened. I probably would have reacted much less softly than he did. I commend his restraint.
                          If I tell you what I know, I'd have to kill you. Fortunately, I don't know much.

Comment

He would have been better off with OC than with FU.

The latter being less effective for defense, it could be seen as primarily punitive.

I'm about that man's age (I'm 50), and when I was a kid if I'd got caught doing something like that, my Dad would have: apologized to the man, paid the damages, corporally punished me, made me apologize in person and accept any reasonable punishment the man wanted to dispense, and suspended all my privileges at least until I'd worked off the debt.

Comment

Bowhunters also use fox urine to mask their scent...you could've knocked me over when I first saw that in an outdoors catalogue.
                              "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4360 users online. 223 members and 4137 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X