300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guns re-issued to Aussie Military Cadets

Ever heard of a trainee street sweeper not allowed to carry a broom?
    Until now, Australian Military Cadets were not allowed to carry guns.
    Here is the news story that relates to it.... http://au.dailynews.yahoo.com/headli...141678141.html

In the cited article:
    Gun Control Australia president John Crook said the teen years were a high testosterone period for young men who should be kept away from anything that promoted violence.
    What a joke!!! What has this moron been smoking?? That's one of the most idiotic statements I've ever seen from someone who is pro gun control. Like shooting a .22 rifle is going to make an Australian Military Cadet go kill someone...what a bunch of garbage!! The fact hat the public believes this stuff is the reason why you all have such stupid laws.

Comment

Hey Patrick, regarding Australia's laws.....

"This is not BURGER KING, you can't have it YOUR WAY!!",

Comment

Originally posted by Rule.303:
        Hey Patrick, regarding Australia's laws.....

"This is not BURGER KING, you can't have it YOUR WAY!!",
        That used to be the quote I had on my AOL profile a while ago.

Honestly, I don't care about which laws you enact in Australia as long as they don't affect me. I just think that it's funny that the leader of your anti-gun movement thinks military cadets will go on shooting rampages if exposed to firearms...all because they are testosterone crazed teenagers. Statements like that are just plain stupid...there is no other word for it.

Comment

Originally posted by PatrickM98:
          The fact that the public believes this stuff is the reason why you all have such stupid laws.
          Oh Patrick, I don't think the Aussies have a patent on "stupid laws". We sure have plenty of them in Canada and I'm sure you could find lots.....GASP ....that's right...in the good old USA as well.

Copper2be

Comment

It would appear to me that the gun control fools who make such idiotic statements are no different to the extremists from the other side who also make idiotic statements in support of their position.

Comment

Originally posted by copitsweet:
              It would appear to me that the gun control fools who make such idiotic statements are no different to the extremists from the other side who also make idiotic statements in support of their position.
              Ok, I'm all ears...why don't you cite some examples.

Comment

Patrick:

I'm sure you could put your argument a bit more civil.

copit: See above.

------------------
                Niteshift-
                Perseverate In Pugna

Comment

Geez you guys! Take it easy will you? Turn down your testosterone control or something. Why can't this subject be civilly discussed. RESPECT is something that needs to be considered. It's like we've got a US versus Australia thing going on here. You're both cops doing the same job. Is this the way you would treat each other if you worked side by side?
                  Copper2be

Comment

Originally posted by Niteshift:
                    Patrick:
                    I'm sure you could put your argument a bit more civil.
                    copit: See above.
                    OK, sorry, but I wasn't attacking copit, Rule, or any other member of this forum. I was simply stating what I thought about the statement made by John Crooks (who isn't a member of this forum) in the article. I apologize if my delivery clouded my message.

Comment

And I agree with you. I am also pointing out that both sides of the debate have some people who are in the extreme. Remember the bloke on one of the other topics who advocated assassination and terrorism to prevent gun control. I believe he was edited by the moderators.

Originally posted by PatrickM98:
                      OK, sorry, but I wasn't attacking copit, Rule, or any other member of this forum. I was simply stating what I thought about the statement made by John Crooks (who isn't a member of this forum) in the article. I apologize if my delivery clouded my message.

Comment

Originally posted by copitsweet:
                        Remember the bloke on one of the other topics who advocated assassination and terrorism to prevent gun control. I believe he was edited by the moderators.
                        Well, a statement such as that is quite extreme. Yes, there are those to the very FAR right when it comes to the gun control issue, but thankfully they aren't in the majority.

Comment

I have just been quietly reading the postings on this topic and I cannot believe what has happened here. For once, we have what appears to be concensus. A little bit of giving from each quarter. Amazing. [img]http://www.angelfire.com/j***/hh300/jawdropblue.gif[/img]

------------------
                          We are the Police! Resistance is Futile!
                          "Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open." Sir James Dewar 1842-1923

Comment

Unfortunatly, any government that thinks "things" are responsible for making bad things happen rather then "people" is doomed to eventually strip all rights form their citizens.

Are they going to stop kids from playing football or rugbie as well. Those are very violent sports and I can see how they promote violence.
                            Since my kids have been shooting with me, about 4 years now, they have never been injured. My two sons received several injuries however, playing basketball and soccer in just one season.

How does making a law not alowing people to own or shoot guns stop violence?
                            I think murder has a pretty high penalty but that isn't stopping murder.

Our Columbine experience showed one thing. It doesn't matter what laws you have on guns, knives, pointed sticks, whatever. If someone wants to kill someone they will find a way. Especially if they are suicidal. In the beginning of time Cane killed able with the jawbone of a mule. From that point forward it just got worst.

Whimpy Politicians, be it US or Australian, love to look for solutions that do nothing. It makes them look good for re-election and requires no further actions on their part. Creating stricter penalties for violent crime would show results over the long term and not impress their voters. The uninformed voter wants something he can see on CNN, not some plan that will actually work over a long period.

Things that work are stricter penalties for crime and manadtory sentancing. No plea bargains or settlements. This would affect gun crime, knife crime, baseball bat crime, etc...

The proof in our country is that the cities with the highest gun control and liberal lawyers/politicians have the highest gun crime rates. CNN doesn't do stories on this so the public doesn't know.

------------------
                            It's easier to get out of jail than it is a morgue. Live long and defend yourself!

Jhn 3:16
                            COP in 2002
                            NRA Lifer
                            GOA
                            GSSF
                            KABA

[This message has been edited by leedesert (edited 06-04-2001).]
                            It's easier to get out of jail than it is a morgue. Live long and defend yourself!

Jhn 3:16
                            NRA Lifer
                            GOA
                            GSSF
                            KABA
                            SAF

Comment

If the judicial system would help LE enforce the laws already on the books we wouldn't have so much problems. We dont need new laws, JUST ENFORCE the ones we already have.

When a crook gets busted, slam him, dont coddle him

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2697 users online. 148 members and 2549 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X