300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is your hero?

Hi everyone - The holiday season is one of the most important times to think of our heroes in uniform. At GreatAmericans.com you’ll find countless inspiring stories submitted by people all across the country. We want to know who your hero is this Christmas. Leave a reply and share their story. And Happy Holidays – Tom, with the GreatAmericans.com team.

All of those in uniform, whether military, police, firefighters ect.. Those who work regardless of the holiday or conditions to make a safer place for the rest of us.
    RKT
    "a band is blowing Dixie double four time You feel alright when you hear the music ring"

The real deal

Outshined Pujulesfan Bearcat Chitowndet Sgt Slaughter jthorpe M-11 Lt Borelli L-1Sgt CHP Nikk Smurf Presence1 IcecoldblueyesKimble LADEP ateamer ChiCity R.A.B. Jenners IrishMetal GoldBadge willowdared Monkeybomb PhilipCal pullicords Chit2001 Garbageman Narco CruiserClass Fuzz 10-42Trooper Tex4720 irishlad2nv bajakirch OnThe gurmpyirishmanNYIlliniSgtScott31 CityCopDCcgh6366 FJDave

Comment

My mom. She is my mother and was my father.

Comment

Green Lantern

Comment

Inspirational people: Dunn

I consider Warrick Dunn of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers an inspirational individual. Raised in a single-parent home, his police officer mom (the single parent) was shot and killed during a robbery while she was working an extra job. Dunn was a teen when it happened. Two days after his 18th birthday, Dunn was awarded custody of his 5 younger brothers and sisters. He was able to keep the family together, be successful in college, and is in his 12th season in the NFL.

His life is certainly a story of overcoming the odds. For Dunn's Wiki short story go here: Dunn.
          The Blog: Slam Dunks

Comment

Superman and Albert Pujols.
            Prov 17:17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

Comment

Col David Hackworth

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Hackworth
              Last edited by Mstangfk; 12-11-2008, 05:34 PM.
              In the end we're all just chalk lines on the concrete drawn only to be washed away, for the time that I've been given, I am what I am. I'd rather you hate me for everything I am, Than have you love me for being something that Im not

Comment

Ted Nugent...gotta love "Uncle Ted"!!

Comment

Anyone who'd die for their country (military)

Anyone who'd die for innocent people at home (police/fire) but I guess you could say the same about military for that too :S. There was this guy

People like him:
                  http://www.arlingtoncemetery.net/khchay.htm

Like the guy on NGC who joined the Army, left a multi-million dollar Chicago software company and became an Army medic to help the Afgani's and kill the taliban over there. Very admiring guy.

Comment

My late pop. A farm child of the depression - dirt poor. A WW2 Soldier; shot, recovered, got malaria. A Police Officer 28 years; beaten, cut and left for dead. After all that; raised me good - with rules, discipline and loving compassion. Tought me how to shoot, survive outdoors, woodworking, carpentry, humor and dealing with life. And how to be humble before God.

He was simply my example of what a man, really is.

I miss him so. Merry Christmas, Dad.
                    The All New
                    BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
                    Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
                    - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

Both of my parents, specifically because their work ethic was and is unbelievable.

Comment

Jesus Christ is my hero becasue he gave his life for me and loves me unconditionally!

Captain Caveman runs a close 2nd! LOL
                        Strong Body, Sharp Mind And Good Tactics!

Comment

Originally posted by jdlong View Post
                          Ted Nugent...gotta love "Uncle Ted"!!
                          I thought I knew who I would pick until I saw this post. Oh well, I still think Bengt Aberg was cool.

Comment

Anybody who fought in the Pacific.
                            "For with much wisdom comes much sorrow;
                            the more knowledge, the more grief."

Comment

and

"Friendly Fire, isn't"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3102 users online. 193 members and 2909 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X