Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another impersonator caught...

Local news story

I had run into this man before and figured it was going to happen sooner or later. He hadn't pulled me over, but I had rang him up several times at the convenience store I used to work at. I've also passed him several times on the road before, always being thankful I wasn't foolish enough to drive a car that looked so much like a police vehicle.

The story said he was driving a Mercury, but I always saw him in a grey unmarked CV with a lot of antennas on the back. Some had to be non-functional because there's no way someone has that much electronic equipment in their car to warrant that many antennas.

It was just strange when I was watching the news, the story came up, and I could put a face with the name.

I like the stock photo of the white roof with a Vector lightbar. Many in the public will assume this was the car. The story did not mention he had an unmarked car. Then again, the story was short with little detail. Glad he was caught before it got real bad. That we know of...

Comment

Ok, this is one where I'd better just read it instead of adding my thoughts LOL
      RKT
      "a band is blowing Dixie double four time You feel alright when you hear the music ring"

The real deal

Outshined Pujulesfan Bearcat Chitowndet Sgt Slaughter jthorpe M-11 Lt Borelli L-1Sgt CHP Nikk Smurf Presence1 IcecoldblueyesKimble LADEP ateamer ChiCity R.A.B. Jenners IrishMetal GoldBadge willowdared Monkeybomb PhilipCal pullicords Chit2001 Garbageman Narco CruiserClass Fuzz 10-42Trooper Tex4720 irishlad2nv bajakirch OnThe gurmpyirishmanNYIlliniSgtScott31 CityCopDCcgh6366 FJDave

Comment

I don't understand it... I'm a wannabe as well but I'm not going to go out in a "wannabe car" and pull people over... If you want to be a cop then put time and dedication into it and get it.

I hear people say, "I couldn't get in" but there are 50 State Police Agencies... Each state has multiple sheriffs offices... and each county has a number of local/city agencies. Don't even get me started on the federal agencies. That's A LOT of choices. Get rejected from one? try another.

For F-Sake just try harder and expand your search. I hope he gets put away for endangering people's life's and his own.
        --I work Security--

Question: "Why Don't they give you guys guns?"
        Answer: "Because i would shoot people who ask stupid questions"

Florida Highway Patrol

1) PAT-Passed
        1) CJ-BAT-TBD
        3) POLYGRAPH
        4) PSYCH SCREEN
        5) MEDICAL AND VISION
        6) B I
        7) COLONEL'S DECISION
        8) JOB OFFER
        9) ACADEMY START DATE

Comment

Originally posted by CdtCaptRigs View Post
          I don't understand it... I'm a wannabe as well but I'm not going to go out in a "wannabe car" and pull people over... If you want to be a cop then put time and dedication into it and get it.

I hear people say, "I couldn't get in" but there are 50 State Police Agencies... Each state has multiple sheriffs offices... and each county has a number of local/city agencies. Don't even get me started on the federal agencies. That's A LOT of choices. Get rejected from one? try another.

For F-Sake just try harder and expand your search. I hope he gets put away for endangering people's life's and his own.
          That sounds like good advice at first. But consider this; He has no place in the field if he is willing to act this way. Nobody like him should bother, for the public good.

Comment

If your gonna play cop, do something pro-active like stopping a robbery. PLEASE.

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor13 View Post
              If your gonna play cop, do something pro-active like stopping a robbery. PLEASE.
              Are you suggesting Darwinism? I can see if you are being humorous, but this could endanger a real cop when they respond.

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor13 View Post
                Bad thing is I think you were serious when you wrote this.

Comment

Lol. The most quoted forum user award goes to Taylor13
                  WadsonF 10-4's the above statement.

Comment

Correction- that CV I thought he was driving was in fact the silver/gray Mercury the news said it was.

Damn things look alike.

Comment

That is because they're basically the same car.

I actually saw an unmarked DC police car that was a Grand Marquis. Must have been a detective, though. It had red & blue strobe lights in the rear window deck, along with two small antennae on the trunk lid.

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

Originally posted by Long Gun View Post
                        Are you suggesting Darwinism? I can see if you are being humorous, but this could endanger a real cop when they respond.
                        Yes, it could refer to what I said below.

Originally posted by jb5722
                        not a good idea, a better statement would have been, call 911 and report a robbery so the professionals can handle it.
                        Yes, but why put professionals in danger when you've got some dummy who thinks he's a cop with a gun I'm sure shoot the robber?? If the situation doesn't work out the way I say, then yes, that would be better, call the pros.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7006 users online. 391 members and 6615 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X