X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smart police cruiser

Anyone seen this yet?

BLUtube is powered by PoliceOne.com

Very interesting; im surprised it's taken them this long to become almost hands free

Comment

I'm in love with the system, Kit I need you!
      sigpic

"Hail Hail State Police, king of the road can follow me, nothing in this world is free, a Troopers life was made for me".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5liO4zFVuI

Comment

Pretty cool

Comment

I'd welcome that.

Comment

I thought the New hampshire state police were using a system similiar to this, I remember a trooper on the board talking aobut how he had a car 51 system in his car or something to that effect.

Comment

Hopefully the voice recognition system works better than those damn phone tree ones.. I can just see it going totally haywire and flipping on the lights and sirens when you're just trying to run a plate.
              Caught in the action of kill or be killed, greater love hath no man than to lay down his life for his brother.

RIP brother and sister officers who have made the ultimate sacrifice.

Comment

All nice and fine until the drunk in the back starts yelling siren on……..and then there is that occasion that one might yell *** **** **** **** or *** ** **** in the heat of getting to the scene,……. that could be fun…….ahh but then again there is going to be that one prankster who is going to sneak into you car and change some of the functions yah that will be good times
                Now that I got my humor out of the way there are aspects that seem real cool, and will make things safer for the officer.
                It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

How in the world are you supposed to play musical sirens with that mess. Thats one of the greatest things in police work! LOL.

And seriously what happens when your in the heat of the moment and yelling profantites at KIT to TURN THE F*&^^$# SIREN ON! Lol. Seriously voice recognition software has a terrible time working with anything other than a calm steady reasonably soft voice. I dont think the technology is here yet for safe police work.
                  The greatest misconception in police work that gets more officers killed is alot of cops are still taught to use the "minimum force necessary". In reality a true professional will always resort to the "Maximum Allowable Force" to resolve a situation. They mean the same thing, however one is a restriction and the other is an empowerment.

Comment

Man I thought I was going to see a Smart Car police cruiser, glad to see that's not what it was. And if there is one, please no need to show it, would make me cry.

Comment

Originally posted by LEO_07 View Post
                      Man I thought I was going to see a Smart Car police cruiser, glad to see that's not what it was. And if there is one, please no need to show it, would make me cry.
                      You mean this?

http://www.tomw.net.au/images/travel/smartpolice.jpg
                      Last edited by lionheartednyhc; 11-27-2008, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DACP View Post
                        All nice and fine until the drunk in the back starts yelling siren on……..and then there is that occasion that one might yell *** **** **** **** or *** ** **** in the heat of getting to the scene,……. that could be fun…….ahh but then again there is going to be that one prankster who is going to sneak into you car and change some of the functions yah that will be good times
                        Now that I got my humor out of the way there are aspects that seem real cool, and will make things safer for the officer.
                        I'm sure there is an "off" button.

Comment

I don't like it at all. It's really not that difficult to flip a switch and turn a knob.

Comment

Nice system
                            I can do all things in Christ who stregthens me!

State police:

http://thenationstatepolice.top-forum.net/index.htm

Comment

haha, the drunk in the back saying PA and then screaming curse words outside

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5700 users online. 399 members and 5301 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X