Cops being deprived of carrying guns... on duty

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cops being deprived of carrying guns... on duty

Hypothetically speaking only of course. As liberal as this nation has become or will become do you think there will ever be a time when cops won't be allowed to carry guns?

I am writing this and laughing because I can see some liberal law makers actually making up a bill to do this stating reasons such as if cops don't have guns then criminals won't.

I (if I was a police officer) would quit because it would be to dangerous. What would you guys do and do you think some lawmakers would try doing something like this?

I think there might be some fringe lawmakers that might think about this, but in no way do I think anything of such will ever be passed.

If the citizens have the right to bear arms, so do the people protecting the citizens.

Comment

Something the fringe lawmakers would have to consider.....

There is a legal action called 'failure to train and properly equip'.....agencies have lost more than a few $$$$$ behind this type of legal action......
      The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Originally posted by kylet123 View Post
        I think there might be some fringe lawmakers that might think about this, but in no way do I think anything of such will ever be passed.

If the citizens have the right to bear arms, so do the people protecting the citizens.
        Well, law enforcement should carry guns; that makes our lives safer. People bearing arms does not make life safer. In Canada, we have stricter gun laws, and I feel safer without guns. You should only have a gun if you are: 1) In the military 2) Law or security 3) Hunting

Comment

Originally posted by pilotguyCANADA View Post
          Well, law enforcement should carry guns; that makes our lives safer. People bearing arms does not make life safer. In Canada, we have stricter gun laws, and I feel safer without guns. You should only have a gun if you are: 1) In the military 2) Law or security 3) Hunting
          ok....what makes police, military, and security so special that they are allowed to protect themselves, and the rest of the SUBJECTS (because CITIZENS are armed, SUBJECTS are not) have to be defenseless little lemmings?.......

oh wait,,,,,you are from Canada....nevermind.......
          The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Your just jealous. Nobody cares what a Canadian thinks about our guns.
            The liberal politician has the only job where they go to the office to work for everyone but those who pay their salary.

Comment

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post

oh wait,,,,,you are from Canada....nevermind.......
              Another student also.
              The liberal politician has the only job where they go to the office to work for everyone but those who pay their salary.

Comment

the now gov of new york state proposed a bill in which police officers would haveto shoot an armed person in the arms or legs and if an officer killed said person with a weapon that police officer would be charged with murder

Comment

Originally posted by ItIsWhatItIs73 View Post
                  the now gov of new york state proposed a bill in which police officers would haveto shoot an armed person in the arms or legs and if an officer killed said person with a weapon that police officer would be charged with murder
                  Now that's just retarded. It's hard enough to shoot a moving target, let alone TRY and hit it only in the arm or leg...

With a law like that, I'd have to re-train as a plumber or something. Ain't no way I'd stay on the job with such dumb-*** legislation.

Only a stupid, ignorant fool, pandering to a liberal support base, would ever suggest such a B.S. Bill, in my humble opinion.
                  LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO DRINK CHEAP BEER!

Comment

yeah, good thing patterson never got what he wanted, the PBA's had a field day with that one.
                    sigpic

"Hail Hail State Police, king of the road can follow me, nothing in this world is free, a Troopers life was made for me".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5liO4zFVuI

Comment

Originally posted by ItIsWhatItIs73 View Post

You would have to be blind to propose a bill like that...

Comment

Originally posted by Seahawks398 View Post
                        You would have to be blind to propose a bill like that...
                        YOU OWE ME A KEYBOARD FOR THAT

Comment

I would stay a police officer. I just wouldn't do anything that would put me in danger. No car stops, no hostage rescue, no more response to robberies, family disturbances, etc....

Comment

Originally posted by IMachU View Post
                            I would stay a police officer. I just wouldn't do anything that would put me in danger. No car stops, no hostage rescue, no more response to robberies, family disturbances, etc....
                            That would likely be widespread, as well as a mass exodus of LEO's. Think positions would be hard to fill now? Many underqualified people would fill the post after that.

Comment

Errr......Stay in Canada.....

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5518 users online. 205 members and 5313 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                              X