300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

100% mate !!!!!! Me too!!!!!

Maybe our satire is too sharp and our colloquialisms too vague.

Originally posted by Rule.303:

But beyond all, I must state, I am not trying to make any arguments here. I am pointing out that I am NOT against Americans. I can only assume that when I speak of anything that the US Govt may be doing, That is what is perceived as being anti-US.
    But having said that, can someone please enlighten me as to what I am alleged to have said that has been regarded as anti american. I keep getting told that i have said things, but am yet to be told what I have said. I am so far only told this second hand. Makes we wonder why those who are 'offended' by my satirical wit and colloquealism have never bothered to e-mail me, but instead chose to e-mail moderators. Hey, if you got a drama with me, please tell me so, 'cos if you don't, then I wont' know.

Comment

"Makes we wonder why those who are 'offended' by my satirical wit and colloquealism have never bothered to e-mail me, but instead chose to e-mail moderators. Hey, if you got a drama with me, please tell me so, 'cos if you don't, then I wont' know."

Contrary to what you've said, members should feel free to contact staff members if they have problems.

BTW Rule, I haven't heard back from you yet.

------------------
      Niteshift-
      Perseverate In Pugna

Comment

Just some more clarification on the U.S. wheat situation.

- during the cold war, the U.S. wanted to ensure that it had lots of food on hand, and food producing capability in the event of war. How to do that? Lots of gov't money to promote production and then buy the surplus production.

- What to do with the surplus? Store some for domestic use and then use the remainder as a foreign policy tool (ie. help us out and get cheap wheat)

- During this process, politicians discovered that a healthy farm economy is good politics (it is much easier to "buy" senate/congress seats in North Dakota then New York, as almost everyone is a farmer)so the money kept flowing.

- Can Canada and Australia(as wheat exporters) compete against the U.S. treasury? No and that frustrates farmers as they want to compete on a farmer to farmer basis not a farmer to U.S. treasury basis. Out of this frustration comes the World Trade Organization and General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade (GATT). It is an attempt to remove the above mentioned politics from trade and have a clearly defined set of rules, but everyone is looking out for #1, so it is a long slow process.
        Hope this clarifies things for people.
        Graeme

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5207 users online. 278 members and 4929 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X