Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shooter1201
    replied
    And THEN there's those BIG 'Tiger' mosquitos.... Those dang things can carry a small child off...never to be seen again!

------------------
    HEARTS and MINDS

Leave a comment:

• SpecOpsWarrior
    replied
    Did the documentary tell you how to kill the b*&^@#ds?

I'm about to try some Napalm
    ------------------
    [email protected]

[This message has been edited by SpecOpsWarrior (edited 06-05-2001).]

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by SpecOpsWarrior:
    [But I have to agree with Niteshift, its those damn fire ants I hate. They spring up in the yard and wont go away, I have tried gasoline, fire ant killer, boiling water, and even bleach. They just wont die!

I seen this documentary on them ( discovery channel or some odd show) and they don't die from water or much of anything because they are survivors. They float for days to get from one place to the next and they orginally came from aother country. After watching this i found the whole story pretty interesting.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Loved that one Don, My aunt did something familiar. Was in the shower and the living room was full of friends and family socializing. She see's this sewer roach in the tub and gave the whole family a full view of everything she owned while running thru the house screaming for someone to get the roach out of the tub. she can't even handle moths. I think its hilarious when the kids torture her just for fun.

Leave a comment:

• blondie72
    replied
    LMAO, Don- that story just made my day

Leave a comment:

• Mitzi
    replied
    When I went to my father's 80th birthday this Sunday, my 22 year old nephew said to my son, "Dave, let me see your hat for a sec." Well, this is David's beloved FSU baseball cap (Florida State University) but he gave him the hat. My nephew got up and kiled a roach crawling up the wall with David's hat. Last thing I saw was the back of my nephews head as he ran down the road being chased by my not-very-happy son! LOL!

Leave a comment:

• Don
    replied
    Ok, I've just got to tell this one. The desert is just full of roaches and other not so harmless bugs.

I was sitting in a booth in one of the restaurants in Death Valley. The then current sheriff was with me, and was sitting facing me.

There were two Japanese couples sitting in the booth behind the sheriff. I had been watching a roach that was crawling up the wall beside this one female in the group.

Keep in mind, that the sheriff had his back to these folks!

Suddenly this roach took off and flew into this woman's hair. She felt something up there and reached up and brushed or scratched or something. Anyway, she felt this "bug" up there and screamed.

She swatted it away and managed to knock it out of her hair. Right down the front of the shirt of the lady across from her!

This lady also screams, and jumps right out of the booth (over her husband.) This thing is crawling around down inside her bra, and she is standing there screaming and rips off her blouse and her bra to get rid of it.

The sheriff, who has NO idea what is going on, jumps up, turns and crouches and starts to go for his gun! He did not actually draw it, but he sure started too.

I am sitting there just cracking up. I'm laughing so hard that I couldn't move if my life depended on it.

------------------
    Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have.
    6P1 (retired)

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    So far the biggest nastiest bugs i have found are in Louisiana. Something about swamp water. Everytime its time to vacation there i get the creepy crawlies and incessant itching starts.

I was a vitim of the (encephalitis) mosquito bites I recieved 36 welts the size of softballs on my legs arms and whatever else that was exposed during the bite fest.

It was awful, I got on the plane for Pennsylvania with my anti itch pills and any other drug the doctors could find. And i sat next to this lady who was wearing her whole bottle of perfume. so between the itching and sniffling for 5 and 1/2 hours i was miserable. Ther funny part was when i went to use the restroom on the plane everyone cleared a path to let me by. Must of thought i was contagious

[This message has been edited by ftrphxcop (edited 06-05-2001).]

Leave a comment:

• Mitzi
    replied
    I live not too far from the St. Johns River. And the love bugs are still here

Leave a comment:

• shooter1201
    replied
    I lived right on the St. John's River...Putnam Co. We also had the dreaded 'Love Bugs', which stuck to your car like GLUE!

------------------
    HEARTS and MINDS

Leave a comment:

• Mitzi
    replied
    I have lived in Florida all my life and I love it. But I DO hate the roaches. Spiders don't bother me too much. Luckily, I don't see roaches too often. But, yesterday,at my parenst house (they live in a rural area), there was one goign up the wall. My nephew grabbed my son's baseball cap off his head and killed it with the hat. Then, it was war between the 2 of them! LOL!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Hmm... I always wanted to live near the ocean but not now! I absolutely, horrifically, despise bugs! ladybugs and butterflys are OK. Ants are ok too as long as they are outside but cockroaches..and waterbugs.. I will FREAK out if I see them! I cannot even go into the bug house at the zoo because I will start hyperventilating and freak out.

You can keep your bugs!

Leave a comment:

• Rule.303
    replied
    We got cockroaches that could carry away a dog!! Not quite, but they are big buggers. a good 4 inches in length.
    But in my yard we have Red Back Spiders (like a Black Widow. Letal bite), and the occasioanl Western Taipan. (Regarded as deadliest snake in the world. Few survive more than 3 hours after a bite)

------------------
    Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

Leave a comment:

• Don
    replied
    I nailed a swarm of bees the same way one time. No helmet, no face shield (I was just a young dumb kid) but at least I had sun glasses on. I got about six stings out of it, but sure had the mess on my clothes and on the scooter.

------------------
    SHOOT LOW SHERIFF, they

Leave a comment:

• DMS 525
    replied
    I remember when I was about 17, and was riding my motorcycle to my sister's place one night. Buzzing along about 55, went up over this one hill, into the valley, right into the biggest swarm of miller moths I've ever seen! I'm glad I had a face shield on my helmet; that icky yellow crap was so thick I could hardly see!
    I got to my sister's house; she wouldn't let me in the door! Made me strip out of my buggy clothes, but then she washed them for me. My brother in law loaned me some clothes, and we had quite the time scrubbing off my cycle, and cleaning that crap off my helmet.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5422 users online. 324 members and 5098 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X