300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security Clearance

So I've finally gotten my top secret clearance. I will have an interim SCI clearance for my upcoming deployment but when I get back, it will expire. I will still have my TS and be SCI eligible for the next 5 years. My question is, what jobs in a law enforcement capacity would I be able to look at? All these people talk about how so many doors have opened up for me now. What doors? Can anyone steer me in the right direction? Thanks!

It all depends. Why were you given a TS? If it wasn't for a criminal investigator position it didn't open any doors for any federal LEO jobs. If it was, then it might have opened you up for a civilian LEO position with your current agency. If you just want a position that requires you to hold a TS for access to TS classified information then it opened up all of the jobs requiring a TS that you qualify for based on education and experience.

The TS you get to access classified information is not adjudicated the same as the investigation you receive for a LEO position. Both are SSBI investigations, but the one for LEO positions require information directly related to LEO jobs.
    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

Please understand that I don't want to minimize your security clearence. That said, of and by itself, the clearence really won't open any doors for you in a transition from Military Service to Law Enforcement. You'll still need to apply and test in competition with other applicants. If you apply to a Civil Service agency, your test scores will have to high enough to enable you to continue in the hiring process.

Comment

A SC would open a lot of doors to me. They're hiring people to fly those Predator / Global Hawk drones but a SC is required and they wont sponsor if you dont already have one.

Comment

Maybe you should have received a better briefing when you were cleared.

But it really isn't something you should talk about.

At all.

Go talk to your FSO and tell him what you did wrong.

...now.
          No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we require him to obey it.
          -Theodore Roosevelt

The views expressed by this screen name do not represent any civilian,municipal, military, or federal law enforcement agency and are strictly the views of the individual writing. Under no circumstances should someone consider the content of these posts to have anything less than a great deal of sarcasm interlaced throughout. Read at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by Zamkn View Post
            Maybe you should have received a better briefing when you were cleared.

But it really isn't something you should talk about.

At all.

Go talk to your FSO and tell him what you did wrong.

...now.
            LMAO

Comment

In English!

Comment

It is not going to open any door for you in local law enforcement. Fed work, maybe, depending on the agency and assignment, but you are still going to need a four year degree. For corporate security gigs like at Lockheed and Bell Helicopter, it will help you out.

Comment

Originally posted by Arewethereyet View Post
                  So I've finally gotten my top secret clearance. I will have an interim SCI clearance for my upcoming deployment but when I get back, it will expire. I will still have my TS and be SCI eligible for the next 5 years. My question is, what jobs in a law enforcement capacity would I be able to look at? All these people talk about how so many doors have opened up for me now. What doors? Can anyone steer me in the right direction? Thanks!
                  As someone who had a TS from working as a Marine at the embassy in Narobi, Kenya

It'll get you into Patrol
                  Ignored: Towncop, Pulicords, TacoMac, Ten08

Comment

http://www.clearancejobs.com/

Comment

Who the EFF gave you (please don't answer this but please think about it) a Security Clearance and didn't told you (intentional grammar error) to STFU about it?

Comment

Originally posted by Arewethereyet View Post
                        My question is, what jobs in a law enforcement capacity would I be able to look at? All these people talk about how so many doors have opened up for me now. What doors?
                        People talking about doors? Are these people recruiters, or other folks trying to convince you to enlist/re-enlist, or folks who have never worked outside the military (either as a military personnel, civilians, or civilian contractors)?

Your clearance won't help you much unless you are trying to get another job working for the military that requires a clearance.

Other fed agencies will have different requirements for granting a TS clearance which will usually require a new background investigation and adjudication. State and local agencies likely won't care at all.

It's a nice bullet to have on a resume, as it MIGHT cause a potential employer to think, "he's passed one background check so it's likely he'll pass ours," but other than that, it's not "opening any doors," for you.

Comment

Any security clearance which you may have would only be relevant for any material that is relevant to the job at hand (need to know basis). Your clearance does not necessarily give you clearance to access all material with that security classification.

I think Monty summed it up in his very succinct way. In other words, if you have any sort of clearance, don't go blabbing about it to all and sundry. That in itself presents a security risk.
                          If at first you don't succeed, remove all evidence of your attempt.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3717 users online. 225 members and 3492 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X