300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pet Peeves

What is a pet peeve or peeves of yours? This is not like idiosycrancies...This is what other people do that drive you crazy.
    My biggest one is when I'm on the Interstate and someone in the middle lane drives the same speed as the person next to them.
    It also ticks me off when someone in line ahead of me allows that time to be a math lesson for their kids as they count out pennies and nickels. It steams me even more when the mother allowing this stands there and smiles because she thinks WE think she is an extraordinary mother. Yesterday, a lady did this, having her child count out 5$.....IN DIMES! aarrgghh!
    I also hate it when the cashier carries on a conversation with another employee like I'm not even standing there. But, I usually don't stand there long
    And my #1 petpeeve? When my husband takes the checkbook out of my purse and doesn't put it back in. I always check now but there were times the cashier would have everything rung up and NO CHECKBOOK! AARRGGHH!!! And there were times I'd just be getting mad because he had done it again when he'd run into the store, waving the checkbook! lol

Amen to all-except the checkbook-I only get it when it's time to pay bills, and she has to force me to take it.

My county has 25 miles of two lane Interstate, and I drive to Georgia quite often also. I believe if you can document that someone drove beside another car for more than 1/2 mile without passing, THEY DON'T NEED TO BE IN THE PASSING LANE, and it ought to be justifiable homicide.

Also, people should not wear sandals if their toenails are green, yellow, brown, chartreuse, etc. Sandals are just not appropriate footwear for some people.
    People have more fun than anybody.

Comment

Just had another pet peeve today....My H and I stopped at an Italian restaurant for lunch. I had no breakfast so I was really hungry. We ordered and waited....and waited....and waited.....while all these people who came in after us were ordering and being served! I finally stopped the waitress and asked what was going on. She gave me this cockamamey story about my ravioli taking longer then the other dishes. I said, "Don't hand me that. You forgot to turn the ticket in, didn't you? At least be honest." (My husband was just about under the table with embarassment).
      I asked her how long it was now going to take and she said she now had all these orders ahead of us. So, we left! geezzzzzz!

Comment

People who drive and use the cell phone at the same time.
        "To each his own"

Comment

I hate that too! Our cell phone in the car is only for emergencies. My H used to talk and drive but it made me too nervous. I saw a change in his driving at the same time. YOu can not pay attention to 2 things at a time like that.

Comment

My pet peeve... People who do not signal. I mean honestly, how much effort does it take to signal a lane change? Some people!!

Bev
            "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. "
            - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Comment

I do not like it when someone drives slow in the fast lane. Or the peopl who have NO IDEA how to drive if they see any form of precipitation. I swear all these people who slow down to less than 25 mph (in a 40 mph zone) because it is sprinkling drives me insane. I have a thing about being served in a restraunt too I will watch to see if a person who came in after me is served before me If that happens I raise a fuss. OR if I have to ask to have my drink refilled or my water there goes the tip. Then you have these people who are sooo rude like in the stores they they think you do not exist or try to push their way past you. I like the fact that I m big and I DO push back and make them say excuse me or apologize.

Klar
              Are you a Veteran? If so join AMVETS the only organization that accepts all vets no matter when or where they served. Contact me for more info.

Comment

The last thread of this nature I believe I mentioned my deep hatred of people that don't refill ice cube trays....well since my job has changed I have discovered a few new ones.

People that insist they have been waiting an hour despite the fact that the times on everything is documented and it can be proven they have been waiting ten minutes.

Rude customers that seem to have no idea how hard some jobs are or that take it personally if they are left to wait for one reason or another.

Sometimes people have to realize that honest mistakes are made and not take it so personally. I will apologize until my face falls off but it will only make your wait longer if I am sitting there trying to calm you down rather than getting back to the job at hand.

There are so many things that go into customer service and the waitress/waiter (or slot attendant ) is often just the most visible aspect of the operation. A little patience please, I feel bad when the customers aren't enjoying themselves....no need to make my night a living hell to top it off A little courtesy goes a long way.

[ 09-05-2001: Message edited by: goodgirl ]
                "They want the federal government controlling Social Security like it's some kind of federal program" ~George W. Bush, November 2, 2000

Comment

One of my biggest pet peeves has to be infomercials that fail to tell the public what's potentially wrong with their product. I'll give an example.

That new wireless carphone speakerphone that uses your car's speaker system to hear your call. It works by transmitting your call on 96.1 FM, and you just tune your radio into that station. What they fail to make apparent is that it is actually transmitting on 96.1 FM, and any driver around you scanning the radio for a station that scans through 96.1 FM while you're calling, they can listen to your call.

Otherwise, I think i put my other peeves on the Idiosyncracies page (sorry Nite )

Kyle
                  KD5HQD

Comment

I almost forgot the pet peeve I inherited from my father. For those that don't know any better now is the time to pay attention.

"Irregardless" is not a word. Any time you are tempted to use irregardless in a sentece just substitute the word regardless instead. I swear I am telling the truth here!

For some reason it really makes my skin crawl when I heard that "word" used.
                    "They want the federal government controlling Social Security like it's some kind of federal program" ~George W. Bush, November 2, 2000

Comment

Ya know, for someone as anal, you'd think I have a bunch of pet peeves, wouldn't you? Well...I do!

Let's start in the house.

Empty ice cube trays, clothes not put in the dryer but rather sitting in the washing machine for most of the day, shoes laying about, wet towels on the bed.

Job related.

Rudeness. Don't tell me "you need to do something...", instead, politely tell me what's bothering you. Someone who gets their education of Law Enforcement by watching TV and talking to their equally clueless buddies, then get ****ed at me because I "don't know how to do my job". Calling in problems that have nothing at all to do with LE and demanding that we do something because "I pay your salary".

Elsewhere.

Poor service at restaurants, retail/food service employees who feel it's more of a customer service to yap with their friends that do their job, rubberneckers on the interstates, people doing everything under the sun while driving their car, other than DRIVING THEIR CAR.

Voice mail. Yeah, it was a great idea at the time, but something happened to completely bastardize the brilliance of it. OK, you get an automated voice telling you that your call is important, and to choose from the menu. You choose what you think is the right department, only to be told that you need to talk to so-and-so, so they forward you that department...without giving you the extension number, and you get voice mail! Now, here you go again, calling the number, getting the pleasant voice whispering exactly what you mean to the comapany and their only job in this world is to KISS YOUR A**, only to start the process over again!

Wal-mart. I love Wal-Mart, don't get me wrong, but they need put up signs within three blocks of the place warning other drivers about the "Wal-Mart Daze". Have you seen this? This is where, as soon as someone smells Wal-Mart, all reasoning and what little common sense they had is now gone. They'll stop dead in the middle of the road, they'll partially pull into your lane when they're turning in, they'll cut you off, they'll hold up traffic in the parking lot for 10 minutes just so they get 2 extra f'ing spaces closer to the store! Then, after they're in such a hurry to get in, they come to a complete stop inside the door, blocking everyone else, standing in awe, as if they're looking at the Pyramids or something. It's Wal-Mart, for cryin' out loud! Go in, wander, and you'll eventually find everything you need!

This is another one of topics that's a work in progress for me. I haven't scratched the surface yet!

Comment

Goodgirl,

Curiosity got the best of me so I looked the word up. I found this in the merriam-webster online dictionary;

Main Entry: ir
                        Graeme

Comment

Driving pet peeves:

People who are turning left with the green light but sit at the white line instead of in the intersection. When the light turns yellow then red they just sit there and no one gets through the light.

People who must be sitting with their hands on the horn to beep as soon as the light turns green and before your foot could possibly react.

People who run red lights from three cars back as it was yellow. This is why we wait a second before going through our own green light!

People who refuse to let another car pull out from a driveway when there is backed up traffic. Also the same people who won't let an oncoming car turn in front of them in traffic (blocking the intersection). Of course I also dislike it when someone I let in doesn't even give me the little thank you wave.

Comment

It is a non-word that has been used so much that it is becoming accepted as a word.

I stick by my original statement

[ 09-06-2001: Message edited by: goodgirl ]

Comment

It's not a real word. It is a blend. Merriam-Webster puts in popular terms based on usage.

"ir" meand without. (like irrespective)
                              "regardless" means without ragard.
                              "irregardless" is a redundancy. Without, without regard.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6543 users online. 359 members and 6184 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X