• Show
Clear All

• Looker
    replied
    ^^^ Copps ^^^

Leave a comment:

• mikeymedic
    replied
    good job setting the bar high this early in the career!...now what?

Leave a comment:

• Spoken
    replied
    Originally posted by towncop View Post
    Someone already posted this Trooper's name, it's Mark H. Coates. And he was a South Carolina Trooper, not North Carolina. It happened in November 20, 1992. Here's the link: http://www.odmp.org/officer/420-troo...-hunter-coates The video is definately one to watch. It's even harder to watch the follow-up video of the interview of his killer in prison.
    Do you know by chance where we could see that video of the killing and interview by chance?

Leave a comment:

• texaschickeee
    replied
    Originally posted by powerstroked View Post
    Just wanted to update yall this officer is our officer of the year.
    Thanks! What a great update and an honor for him.

Leave a comment:

• towncop
    replied
    Originally posted by SgtScott31 View Post
    People have the wrong perception about 1 shot/1 kill-type scenarios. Unless they aim and hit the right areas, the human body can sustain some significant gunshot wounds. A good example would be the suspect who killed the NC Trooper after being shot 5 times at point blank range by the Trooper's .357. Not sure of those who have seen the video (from several years ago), but the suspect pulled a .22 during the traffic stop. The trooper fell on his back and kicked at the man while getting to his feet. I think the suspect got a couple of shots off initially, but they hit the trooper's vest and he returned fire, striking the suspect five times with his service revolver in the torso. The suspect got off another round that struck the trooper in the underside of the left arm while he was reaching for his shoulder mic (calling for backup). The .22 bullet struck his arm bone and traveled down, cutting his aorta (main artery to heart). The Trooper died minutes later. It is a heart-wrenching video to watch. The suspect was a lard a**, and he was alert and conscious when the following officers arrived. I think the fat absorbed most of the .357 rounds.
    Someone already posted this Trooper's name, it's Mark H. Coates. And he was a South Carolina Trooper, not North Carolina. It happened in November 20, 1992. Here's the link: http://www.odmp.org/officer/420-troo...-hunter-coates The video is definately one to watch. It's even harder to watch the follow-up video of the interview of his killer in prison.

Leave a comment:

• SCV-Sop
    replied
    Did I miss if he got him with his pistol or a long gun?

Nice shot either way (taking down a vested criminal). I'd liked to know if it was a pistol shot. In that case, WOW, kick *****. Training and luck were on his side.

Leave a comment:

• FJDave
    replied
    Congrats!! Outstanding job.

Leave a comment:

• powerstroked
    replied
    Just wanted to update yall this officer is our officer of the year.

Leave a comment:

• BossMan1364
    replied
    Great job officer.

Leave a comment:

• eman2k5
    replied
    Great job Officer Ray

Leave a comment:

• TOPPED_OUT
    replied
    Originally posted by SgtScott31 View Post
    People have the wrong perception about 1 shot/1 kill-type scenarios. Unless they aim and hit the right areas, the human body can sustain some significant gunshot wounds. A good example would be the suspect who killed the NC Trooper after being shot 5 times at point blank range by the Trooper's .357. Not sure of those who have seen the video (from several years ago), but the suspect pulled a .22 during the traffic stop. The trooper fell on his back and kicked at the man while getting to his feet. I think the suspect got a couple of shots off initially, but they hit the trooper's vest and he returned fire, striking the suspect five times with his service revolver in the torso. The suspect got off another round that struck the trooper in the underside of the left arm while he was reaching for his shoulder mic (calling for backup). The .22 bullet struck his arm bone and traveled down, cutting his aorta (main artery to heart). The Trooper died minutes later. It is a heart-wrenching video to watch. The suspect was a lard a**, and he was alert and conscious when the following officers arrived. I think the fat absorbed most of the .357 rounds.

Trooper Mark Coates

Congrats and thank you to this officer from TX!!!!

Leave a comment:

• texaschickeee
    replied
    Originally posted by powerstroked View Post
    I went thru the academy with this Officer and he is one of the best guys you will ever get to meet. I also work the same sector as him. A friend of mine heard the play back of the radio and said that he did a great job. I will pass along yalls best thoughts to him and point him to O.com if does not already visit.
    *make* him join!
    *snickers* thanks Biggie for redirecting this thread.
    as for the other discussion, make your own thread....

Leave a comment:

• creolecop
    replied
    Originally posted by caseypj View Post
    If she was hit by three of them and lived to tell of it, I'd say it's rather weak, it's an intermediate round. I'd consider "high power" to be .308+.
    Ok, a .308 round is a civilian 7.62x54 like the .223 is to the 5.56
    A AK-47 shoots a 7.62x39 The AK round to a .308 is like a .45 Gap to the .45auto
    basically we're talking about the same round. The projectile from an AK is that of a .308

Also, having served multiple tours in Afghanistan and Iraq as an infantry soldier, I have alot of first hand experience with the AK-47 and that is ONE NASTY *** weapon to have to tango with

Leave a comment:

• powerstroked
    replied
    I went thru the academy with this Officer and he is one of the best guys you will ever get to meet. I also work the same sector as him. A friend of mine heard the play back of the radio and said that he did a great job. I will pass along yalls best thoughts to him and point him to O.com if does not already visit.

Leave a comment:

• chiefcop
    replied
    On the job for a short time and made a decision that saved lives. Great Job to the officer......

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6762 users online. 387 members and 6375 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X