Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rookie = HERO!!

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by texaschickeee View Post
    show off!
    Your Welcome.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by caseypj View Post
      I hate the anti-gun rhetoric in articles like these, calling it an "AK 47" and an "assault rifle" when I highly doubt it was, more likely just a junky wasr. Although, because it's texas, it's possible it could have been brought up from Central America and perhaps it was an actual ak 47. But calling the 7.62X39mm rounds it shoots "powerful". I could walk into any sporting goods store and come out with a firearm chambered in something far more powerful than this. But good job on the officer's part nonetheless.
      Wuuuh? I own a Rom. Ak47 "semi" and I promise you it is a strong rifle. I'm not getting into a gun debate, but don't take this guy's thunder. I also knew a girl who was hit with 3 ak rounds in Iraq and she'll tell you first hand it's not a weak rifle.

      And how would you describe the 7.62x39 round?

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Limeade View Post
        Wuuuh? I own a Rom. Ak47 "semi" and I promise you it is a strong rifle. I'm not getting into a gun debate, but don't take this guy's thunder. I also knew a girl who was hit with 3 ak rounds in Iraq and she'll tell you first hand it's not a weak rifle.

        And how would you describe the 7.62x39 round?
        If she was hit by three of them and lived to tell of it, I'd say it's rather weak, it's an intermediate round. I'd consider "high power" to be .308+.

        Comment


        • #19
          Evidently, you know not of what you speak. The AK round has killed PLENTY of people since its inception in 1947. I doubt any of the dead would say there wasn't enough power in the bullet.

          Without your criteria for why "high power" is ".308+", your statement is bunk.
          The human body can withstand a tremendous amount of trauma and not succumb to the injuries. That fact that a woman survived 3 AK rounds doesn't say much about the round (given the platforms' history), it only says huge amounts about the human spirit.
          NRA Life Member

          The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

          Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by caseypj View Post
            If she was hit by three of them and lived to tell of it, I'd say it's rather weak, it's an intermediate round. I'd consider "high power" to be .308+.
            I'd say you're an armchair quarterback nothing else.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Sgt. Slaughter View Post
              Evidently, you know not of what you speak. The AK round has killed PLENTY of people since its inception in 1947. I doubt any of the dead would say there wasn't enough power in the bullet.

              Without your criteria for why "high power" is ".308+", your statement is bunk.
              The human body can withstand a tremendous amount of trauma and not succumb to the injuries. That fact that a woman survived 3 AK rounds doesn't say much about the round (given the platforms' history), it only says huge amounts about the human spirit.
              People have the wrong perception about 1 shot/1 kill-type scenarios. Unless they aim and hit the right areas, the human body can sustain some significant gunshot wounds. A good example would be the suspect who killed the NC Trooper after being shot 5 times at point blank range by the Trooper's .357. Not sure of those who have seen the video (from several years ago), but the suspect pulled a .22 during the traffic stop. The trooper fell on his back and kicked at the man while getting to his feet. I think the suspect got a couple of shots off initially, but they hit the trooper's vest and he returned fire, striking the suspect five times with his service revolver in the torso. The suspect got off another round that struck the trooper in the underside of the left arm while he was reaching for his shoulder mic (calling for backup). The .22 bullet struck his arm bone and traveled down, cutting his aorta (main artery to heart). The Trooper died minutes later. It is a heart-wrenching video to watch. The suspect was a lard a**, and he was alert and conscious when the following officers arrived. I think the fat absorbed most of the .357 rounds.
              I'm 10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime..

              Comment


              • #22
                I hope my statement didn't come off wrong. I only wrote what I did not knowing the extent of her injuries and precisely where the rounds impacted on her body.
                NRA Life Member

                The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

                Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by caseypj View Post
                  If she was hit by three of them and lived to tell of it, I'd say it's rather weak, it's an intermediate round. I'd consider "high power" to be .308+.
                  She was hit with 3 rounds in her arm, it blew off most of the meat and shattered all the bones in her arm. I believe what's left is held in place by rods... nice try though.
                  Also keep in mind, your assertion that there are stronger rounds does not mean that the round in question is not strong. It only means they are stronger.

                  Example, she is stronger than you... but Mike Tyson is stronger than her, albeit not by much.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Pretty much all "assault rifle" rounds, to my understanding are "intermediate power". That was the reason: More powerful than a submachine gun but with less kick and weight than a full powered rifle round; a balance. Naturally a .338 Lapua Mag is going to nearly tear a guy in half, but I don't think there are too many cops and soldiers who would want to clear a room with one.
                    "If the police have to come get you, they're bringing an @$$ kicking with them!"
                    -Chris Rock

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      On the job for a short time and made a decision that saved lives. Great Job to the officer......

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        I went thru the academy with this Officer and he is one of the best guys you will ever get to meet. I also work the same sector as him. A friend of mine heard the play back of the radio and said that he did a great job. I will pass along yalls best thoughts to him and point him to O.com if does not already visit.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by caseypj View Post
                          If she was hit by three of them and lived to tell of it, I'd say it's rather weak, it's an intermediate round. I'd consider "high power" to be .308+.
                          Ok, a .308 round is a civilian 7.62x54 like the .223 is to the 5.56
                          A AK-47 shoots a 7.62x39 The AK round to a .308 is like a .45 Gap to the .45auto
                          basically we're talking about the same round. The projectile from an AK is that of a .308

                          Also, having served multiple tours in Afghanistan and Iraq as an infantry soldier, I have alot of first hand experience with the AK-47 and that is ONE NASTY *** weapon to have to tango with
                          Ignored: Towncop, Pulicords, TacoMac, Ten08

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by powerstroked View Post
                            I went thru the academy with this Officer and he is one of the best guys you will ever get to meet. I also work the same sector as him. A friend of mine heard the play back of the radio and said that he did a great job. I will pass along yalls best thoughts to him and point him to O.com if does not already visit.
                            *make* him join!
                            *snickers* thanks Biggie for redirecting this thread.
                            as for the other discussion, make your own thread....
                            ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
                            Oscar Wilde

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by SgtScott31 View Post
                              People have the wrong perception about 1 shot/1 kill-type scenarios. Unless they aim and hit the right areas, the human body can sustain some significant gunshot wounds. A good example would be the suspect who killed the NC Trooper after being shot 5 times at point blank range by the Trooper's .357. Not sure of those who have seen the video (from several years ago), but the suspect pulled a .22 during the traffic stop. The trooper fell on his back and kicked at the man while getting to his feet. I think the suspect got a couple of shots off initially, but they hit the trooper's vest and he returned fire, striking the suspect five times with his service revolver in the torso. The suspect got off another round that struck the trooper in the underside of the left arm while he was reaching for his shoulder mic (calling for backup). The .22 bullet struck his arm bone and traveled down, cutting his aorta (main artery to heart). The Trooper died minutes later. It is a heart-wrenching video to watch. The suspect was a lard a**, and he was alert and conscious when the following officers arrived. I think the fat absorbed most of the .357 rounds.

                              Trooper Mark Coates

                              Congrats and thank you to this officer from TX!!!!

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Great job Officer Ray
                                sigpicMy statements do not represent my agency.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 3791 users online. 225 members and 3566 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X