Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What brought you to Officer.com as a member??

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm.. to tell ya the truth, I cannot remember that far back! I do recall that when I started visiting the forum, it was before Jim switched to UBB. He had this awful (sorry Jim!) awful message board type system that allowed anyone to post unregistered.. I do recall Niteshift being there but I dont remember anyone else that is currently still here.
    No partner is worth your tears -
    the one that is won't make you cry. - Anonymous

<a href="http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?Form.SortOrder=UserName&Start=1&Artist= Raychel&ByArtist=Yes" target="_blank">My Photo Gallery</a>

Comment

I used it for a long time as a quick link to other agencies websites having no idea what a forum or message board was. Stumbled in one night I couldn't sleep and have been here ever since. No idea why. I really do have a life

Comment

Well, my boyfriend talked about it alot when we first started seeing each other. Then I started watching him post. At first I didnt understand what was what so I just kept watching him - reading the different topics he posted on. Then I just started reading everything here. I enjoyed reading what everyone was talking about, I love how everyone gets along and makes everyone feel welcome - like a family!! I even giggled on many occasions here. After a year of watching the fun pass by me I decided what the heck...Im game - lets go!! so here I am all thanks to klar, my very own cuddly polarbear hehe its his fault lol
        Mother is the name for God on the lips and in the hearts of all children.

Comment

I was looking for LE websites shortly after I first got internet access and found this one

Raychel: there are quite a few folks still around that were on the old BB. And you're right, it was a troll's paradise

Anyone else remember the frenzy on the first day the UBB opened? everyone trying to bump up the number of their posts to become members?

There are lots of good folks here, and I've tried to get others at my agency to at least look around here, but to no avail

I also think it's kind of provocative of wonderwoman to ask questions that she doesn't provide her own answers to

[ 09-04-2001: Message edited by: JKT ]
          Optimistic pessimist: Hope for the best, but expect the worst.

Jack

[email protected]

Comment

I was surfing, looking for a LE web site, and took a liking to this one. That, and once I got hooked on the chat room, that's all she wrote.
            Never make a drummer mad- we beat things for a living!

Comment

I was looking for patch trading sites for a friend who is into that, and got the link from a generic LE links site.

One day I was browsing the BB and it seemed that most of those who post are rational and intelligent, which means they can respectfully disagree and not blast you because you have a position different than they do.
              "But if it be a sin to covet honor, I am the most offending soul alive." from Henry V, by Wm. Shakespeare

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by JKT:
                I also think it's kind of provocative of wonderwoman to ask questions that she doesn't provide her own answers to

Why does it seem that everybody is snitching on me lately?

Comment

Honestly, I don't remember. However, if I had to guess, I'd say it was searching for a LE site, and found this. At first, I was just a "lurker", as we hams call people who simply lurk on a frequency or in this case, on the board without posting, but finally did. Anyways, I've been here for almost a year and have enjoyed myself immensly and learned more than I ever could have dreamed of in a book. Thanks everyone!!!! Ya'll are the best!!! Sie sind die beste!! (You are the best in German )

Kyle
                  KD5HQD

Comment

DMS 525 told me about the site. I remember the forum before it was the way it is now. Shoot didn't it start with only five different areas? I find it hard to remember that far back tooo.
                    Are you a Veteran? If so join AMVETS the only organization that accepts all vets no matter when or where they served. Contact me for more info.

Comment

Originally posted by wonderwoman:
                      Why does it seem that everybody is snitching on me lately?
                      Still didn't answer the question, did ya?

Optimistic pessimist: Hope for the best, but expect the worst.

Jack

[email protected]

Comment

I WAS JUST BORED ONE DAY HERE AT WORK AND I STARTED SURFING THE WEB WHEN I CAME ACROSS THIS WEB SITE. I'M VERY GLAD THAT I WAS ABLE TO COME ACROSS THIS. THERE HAVE BEEN MANY OF TIMES THAT I WAS ABLE TO JUST VENT OFF SOME STEAM AND TALK TO SOME PEOPLE WHO SHARE THE SAME INTEREST AND JOB. THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE RESPONDED TO SOME OF MY POST, AS I VALUE YOUR OPINIONS. ALWAYS BE SAFE AND ALWAYS GO HOME AT THE END OF YOUR TOUR OF DUTY.
                        "REMEMBER, COPS ARE YOUR FRIENDS !!"

Comment

I registered in April of 2000 after an officer sent the link to me. He knew I was interested in LE and that I enjoyed forums. I've been coming here every day for over a year. I mostly just “lurk” because I cannot relate to many of the debates nor do I feel confident enough to give opinions on matters where I have no experience. I always fear that I’ll get the “what does she know, she’s only a badge bunny” routine. So…I just stay behind the scenes.
                          <a href="http://www.indiancreeksupplies.com" target="_blank">Indian Creek Hunting Supplies</a>
                          <a href="http://www.thearmedcitizen.net/forums/index.php" target="_blank">The Armed Citizen Forum (Separate forum provided for LE)</a>

Comment

I used officer.com's links for a lot of stuff. One day, a forum appeared and that's when it started.

I get the distinction of being the driving factor behind getting the UBB format. In the old board, there was some little nitwit that kept posting under my name and trying to start trouble. Problem was, he wasn't nearly as good at starting trouble as I am

Comment

I think I found the link either from Yahoo or copsonline or usacops. USACops didn't seem to want non-USA LEO and copsonline became boring for me (sorry guys). I'm not into "badge bunny" (RCMP equivalent: Scarlet-fever sufferer) discussion, so I pass on those threads, both here and on Yahoo. I find the discussions on pay, duty and benefits differentiations between USA Agencies, as well as between USA and Canadian Agencies, to be very enlightening.
                              However, it does seem like Northern Protector, Barkley, WonderWoman and I have to keep you Americans in line quite often, so I guess we're here for the duration!
                              #32936 - Royal Canadian Mounted Police - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
                              Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 to date
                              RCMP Veterans Association - Regina Division member
                              Mounted Police Professional Association of Canada - Associate (Retired) member
                              "Smile" - no!

Comment

I joined hoping to get everyone to start buying Amway products from me, once everyone gets used to me. Dish Drops, anyone?

[ 09-05-2001: Message edited by: On Paper ]

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3860 users online. 250 members and 3610 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X