Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A simple request

Hello folks,

A problem seems to be re-surfacing on the board. Namely posters coming here with an anti-LEO chip on thier shoulders. It appears as though they are looking to defame the profession by painting all who protect us with a single brush. The brush is usually selected based on one incident in which they were chastised for breaking some law, or an uninformed assumption that they routinely abuse thier authority/privilages.

Please don't do that here. Public interaction with Officers is hard to come by, and this is one of the best sources I've found. We all have our own agendas for being here, and I am no different. Everytime a flurry of cop bashing occurs on this board,some Officer quits posting. The result is that we have lost another valuable voice. When they go to a LEO only board or area, I lose.

Bottom line. Character doesn't change when no one is looking, and the rules of civility don't change when no one knows who you are.

This is my Cyber-Ridealong. Please don't take that away.

Thank-you

Campus

Ditto Campus. I personally enjoy being able to hear what some police really think about something, while at the same time I can make fun of Artie and Don.

Maybe I'll work up the backbone to take on Niteshift after I take a couple of man pills!

Comment

Hey, I'm not afraid of Niteshift.....He's afraid of me, right, NS? Well, maybe he ain't but he should be! I know Karate and his siter, Tae Bo! lol

Comment

Probably be better off if both of you come at the same time.........oh, and pack a lunch.

------------------
        Niteshift-
        Perseverate In Pugna

Comment

Campus,
          These guys that are posting crap on the forum are just trolls who are trying to get us to react to their postings. They are not even worth spending the time replying to their diatribe.

Hey Mac,
          That's enough of that kind of talk about making fun of Don and me. We have feelings too.
          ------------------
          We are the Police! Resistance is Futile!

[This message has been edited by Artie (edited 06-01-2001).]
          "Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open." Sir James Dewar 1842-1923

Comment

Artie,

We've made some general requests..........please limit the size of the images you place on the forum. Small smilies etc. are fine, to show a point.

------------------
            Niteshift-
            Perseverate In Pugna

Comment

See what happens when you pop off to me Artie!? Bountie hunter!

Comment

I agree Campus. But thankfully the Moderators are not reknown for taking any of these weenies' crap.

Most of the oficers I have met here would not let some troll scare them away.
                Copper2be

Comment

Campus

I am new to the board and just came across your post of 5/31.

I know exactly what you mean. Several months ago I accidentally accessed the LAPD web site and kept coming back every day for the latest. Then one day there was a notice that the board would be taken over by the department and a few weeks later it was gone. I was so disappointed and often think about some of the people whose messages I read. I will never know how their problems ended. I can, however, understand why the board closed. Some of the messages were really repulsive. I can't understand the minds(?) of people like that.

I should probably stop at that before I get really wound up on the subject.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2140 users online. 139 members and 2001 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X