Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Justice And Criminals

By LA DEP In Response To A Question Regarding Prison Reform
    Remove the '3 strikes and you are out' law.....replace it with '3 strikes and you are dead'.......if you have committed one or more violent felonies, plus 2 or more other felonies (violent or not) then you are simply a waste of oxygen.

Immediately execute whoever is on death row......that should free up 600-700 beds right there......

Immediately deport all illegal aliens in custody back to their country of origin....with the caveat that if they are EVER caught on US soil again, they will be shot on sight......

Immediately execute all criminal gang members who are not interested in getting out of the gang.....they are nothing but domestic terrorists, and should be treated as such........

Parole is abolished....you are sentenced to 20 years, you do 20 years......
    Man I love this thinking right here; I wonder why it is that this simple solution can't be implemented but then I see the good ole government and politicians and I see my answer. I constantly think about this and it only makes sense that criminals should be erradicated from the face of the earth.

I'm truly at a lost as to why we the people can't demand and come to a conclusion that criminals are indeed a waste of air Are there that many "love a thug" and "give criminals a chance" out there that we can't have a serious agreement as a society that we are tired of these sub-human animals being given a free ride to harm society more and more???

LA DEP I couldn't agree with you more!

Tucson Police Department
    07/27/08 : Applied
    09/27/08 : Written Test 89/100
    09/28/08 : PT Test Finished Top 3 In Group A
    09/29/08 : Oral Board I Must've Done Well
    10/03/08 : Eligibility Rank #3 Of 51 Remaining
    10/13/08 : Polygraph Passed
    10/15/08 : BI Initiated

Arizona Highway Patrol
    08/18/08 : Applied
    10/13/08 : Withdrawn

Pima County Sheriffs
    10/25/08 : PT Test
    10/25/08 : Written Test
    10/27/08 : Oral Board

"An Arizona Law Enforcement Hopeful"

That post is meant in jest, I am sure; but the thinking behind it merits a thumbs-up. How many of us would love to see electric bleachers instead of a single chair?

On the contrary, however, what about when mistakes are made? I am certainly not a bleeding heart by any stretch; but would rather see ten guilty men go free than to have one innocent person get "fried" by mistake.

Here in VA, there have been instances of people sentenced to death and then it is found out that they were cleared & exonerated later by DNA evidence. Do a search on "Earl Washington" as just one example. You cannot "undo" an execution. I believe that Mr. Washington was only a few weeks away from 'Old Sparky' before the governor at the time (Wilder?) commuted his sentence.

Now, with that being said, I am all in favor of capital punishment - where it is warranted and the evidence for conviction is stronger (DNA, video, etc.) and more than merely circumstantial or based loosely on eyewitness accounts.

I am also against the "hug a thug" mentality that has invaded our justice system. Much of our troubles are brought on by recidivist thugs (wolves) who have a long history of preying upon innocent people (sheep). Until the protectors (sheepdogs, police, justice system, etc.) wise up and are empowered to do their jobs, the wolves will only be encouraged. On a related note, this is also why Second Amendment rights are so important. Give the sheep an opportunity to 'take care of business' with the wolves when there is not a sheepdog there to keep an eye on things.

The deportation of criminal illegal aliens (but then that is a redundant term) is just a start. I wonder the actual percentage of them in our prison system who are there for crimes of a violent nature. I suppose it is a much higher percentage than many of us would admit! I doubt that a "shoot on sight" program would actually be such a hot idea. That 'mistaken identity' snag could cause some trouble (ya think?).

I find it very ironic that too many in the urban areas complain about the racial disparity of people convicted of violent crimes; particularly when their victims are overwhelmingly of the same race! Crime should not know 'color' at all; and the concept of one person deliberately harming another person is what matters! {Sorry to upset you, Jesse & Al; but that's the way it is!}

"We certainly have our problems, but there must be something great about the USA. People are still risking everything to get here!" -- Glenn Beck
    Last edited by VA Dutch; 10-18-2008, 09:07 AM.

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

Actually......the post is meant in all seriousness......I wasnt joking in the slightest.....
      Last edited by LA DEP; 10-18-2008, 09:28 PM.
      The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Remove the '3 strikes and you are out' law.....replace it with '3 strikes and you are dead'.......if you have committed one or more violent felonies, plus 2 or more other felonies (violent or not) then you are simply a waste of oxygen.
        I agree...

Immediately execute whoever is on death row......that should free up 600-700 beds right there......
        I'm for the death penalty, just make sure the person being excecuted is the bad guy...If you kill someone and it turns out to be the wrong guy what are you going to say, "our bad"...

Immediately deport all illegal aliens in custody back to their country of origin....with the caveat that if they are EVER caught on US soil again, they will be shot on sight......
        This is a tough one, how's about we build a wall or secure the border better...Shot on sight is a little crazy...

Immediately execute all criminal gang members who are not interested in getting out of the gang.....they are nothing but domestic terrorists, and should be treated as such........
        This I agree w/ 100%...Some are nothing more then domestic terrorist...

Parole is abolished....you are sentenced to 20 years, you do 20 years......
        I'm cool w/ that...But we have to make sure the crime fits the punishment...
        sigpic

Comment

Here's a link to the original thread for context...

http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...52#post1454152
          LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO DRINK CHEAP BEER!

Comment

We would need a King/dictator to enact all this. Which unless its me, I don't want
            "Friendly Fire, isn't"

Comment

Too bad this subject was originally put under "Ask A Cop" because I'm sure there are plenty who would love to chime in like I did. Over on that thread someone has mentioned "rehab" but as others have stated I fully disagree with the joke that's called "rehab". Hell it's bad enough that alot of times jail is seen as a joke and some prison while they are receiving better goods than law-abiding citizens.

One person mentioned that the tough stance on crime doesn't work but I would like to ask where and when has it been implemented?? I know the rehab stuff hasn't been all that sucessful and prisons/jails are filled with repeat offenders (way to far on the percentage scale). I mean we already suffer as tax payers for people who are actually harming our society and now we are suppose to do more than hand them $50 and a bus ticket???

Let's face it a good portion of those criminals were getting easy money (drug dealing, pimping, stealing, etc). Unless we are about to give them a free ride job that makes some serious money for all that education rehab we give them in prison I just don't think it works in the end. We pay for their education but in the end they have a felony on their record (some horrendous felonies) that I'm assuming prevents them from getting a REAL job (I could be wrong). So in the end don't they just become overwhelmed by the "easy money" that awaits them in that return to a life of crime???

I think if children are educated to realize that we are not playing around (career criminal days are over via death which shouldn't be too hard to get correct vs. murder trials where we do have to make sure we are getting the right person) and that a life of crime will not lead you just to jail or prison; it's going to lead you to your government paid grave.

As someone else mentioned we have to have a good appeals system for stuff like murder but those that have proven themselves career criminals are not worth the right to stay alive.

Tucson Police Department

Arizona Highway Patrol

Pima County Sheriffs

Comment

You know, instead of putting in people in prison for the rest of their lives, maybe we should try to fix the problems that force poor black males into gangs, and illegal immigrants to crime.
                So what are the problems that "FORCE" poor black males (and hispanic and white males too I guess) into gangs. I thought joining a gang was a DECISION. I was a poor black male, a son with two other brothers with a mom on welfare living in the heart of Los Angles with a family (from cousin up to grandparents) who were a part of the East Coast Crips. At NO TIME did I feel that I had no choice to join a gang. Matter of fact it was their lifestyles that made me DECIDE that such was the LAST THING I was ever going to do.

The only problems I see are young women popping babies they can't afford, children running a muck with no care, people caught up in gangs, etc. I say when you show seriously (it hasn't been done yet) that a life of being a gangster doesn't pay (because you'll be put in a grave once it can be determined by a jury [maybe that can be a new system established] based on your records, activities, tats, etc. that you are in a gang).

So far all I see is deferred punishments, prison time if you do bad enough where all you do (especially if you are serving life sentence) is enter the prison gangs and do more crime, or you are let out early or do your time and go out to repeat the thug life because it is easier money than trying to do something with a general education and felony on your record.

Tucson Police Department

Arizona Highway Patrol

Pima County Sheriffs

Comment

Originally posted by Southflaguy View Post
                  I agree...

I'm for the death penalty, just make sure the person being excecuted is the bad guy...If you kill someone and it turns out to be the wrong guy what are you going to say, "our bad"...

Actually every person we have executed has been proved to be guilty party.

This is a tough one, how's about we build a wall or secure the border better...Shot on sight is a little crazy...

Really? They are breaking the law to get in to this country. I see more on illegals committing MORE crimes then if they would do time then get deported. Sadly, I know of two illegals that should have been shot on site for a better life today.

Angel Maturino Resendiz

Juan Leonardo Qunitero

This I agree w/ 100%...Some are nothing more then domestic terrorist...

I'm cool w/ that...But we have to make sure the crime fits the punishment...
                  Well considering that the legal system in some of THEIR own countries would be a lot harsher......
                  ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
                  Oscar Wilde

Comment

*note*
                    Both of these criminals noted came in multiple times. The last one, the employer liked him so much, that he got him back KNOWING that he was illegal.

but hey cheap labor, and a hard worker makes a boss happy.
                    ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
                    Oscar Wilde

Comment

I would like to add that we should have one prison system. The guy that destroyed hundreds or thousands of lives by stealing thier pensions or savings should end up with Bubba as a cellmate.

Comment

Introducing the nine points to death system, once you have collected 10 points you have demonstrated to society that you are not worth living:

CRIME POINTS: ALL CHARGES ARE ALLOWED AN APPEAL W/ TIME LIMITS

05.0PT PIMPING
                        10.0PT PIMPING A MINOR
                        10.0PT RAPE
                        03.5PT DRUG POSSESION
                        05.0PT DRGU DEALING
                        03.5PT DUI/BUI/OUI
                        05.0PT PROVEN GANG AFFILIATION
                        05.0PT EMBEZZLEMENT
                        10.0PT ANY HOME INVASION
                        10.0PT MURDER
                        05.0PT ROBBERY
                        10.0PT ARMED ROBBERY
                        05.0PT FRAUD[MUST REGISTER AS A FRAUD
                        05.0PT DOMESTIC VIOLENCE SERIOUS ACTS
                        10.0PT CHILD MOLESTION
                        03.5PT PHYSICAL SEXUAL HARRASMENT[MUST REGISTER]
                        02.0PT ASSUALT
                        01.0PT PUBLIC INTOX., DISORDERLY CONDUCT, PUBLIC DISTURB.

Tucson Police Department

Arizona Highway Patrol

Pima County Sheriffs

Comment

Originally posted by Himso View Post
                          I would like to add that we should have one prison system. The guy that destroyed hundreds or thousands of lives by stealing thier pensions or savings should end up with Bubba as a cellmate.
                          Hell yes they should, white collar crimes have to go too!

Tucson Police Department

Arizona Highway Patrol

Pima County Sheriffs

Comment

Originally posted by texaschickeee View Post
                            Well considering that the legal system in some of THEIR own countries would be a lot harsher......
                            I hear you Texaschickeee, the 2 guys you posted about should have been deported, but I've said it before the good people are the ones to go first...The good kid w/ the 4.0 gpa, the hard working fam, ect...We haven't done much to protect the border so we have to take so responsibility as well...

I don't know jail/prison sometime just makes people better criminals...

You can't help someone who doesn't care, some people live for now not later...And now the people doing some of the killing are barely teenagers...
                            sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5094 users online. 373 members and 4721 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X