300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PERSONAL DATA ASSISTANTS

With the advent of these PDA's such as the Palm Pilot, I have read that some departments are using them for report preparation.

Is there anyone out there that knows of the software that will work, or are currently using this new tool. How is it working?

Thanks
    Mike Snapp

I have a PDA and I don't see how you could EVER use it effectively for report writing.

Comment

They keep coming down in price and I keep wanting to buy one...I'm just not sure what I'd do with it.

------------------
      Niteshift-
      Perseverate In Pugna

Comment

I've "heard" that the NYPD is using them. I guess you can use the wireless comms on them to tie into NCIC and DMV and enter summons/ticket info (meter readers away from a vehicle on foot).

I don't see how you could write a report on them though.

------------------
        If I wanted to be liked I would have been a fireman.
        I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Comment

I am mainly looking for form programs that would permit the completion of information sheets.

Comment

Niteshift - I hardly use mine. I can store tons of phone numbers and email addresses on it but that's all in my head anyway (photographic memory). when you get really bored you can play games on it. You can make to do lists and keep calendar events. There is a calculator and such.. your basic stuff.

Comment

Our outfit is moving towards a totally paperless reporting system (except for handwritten statements and legal documents) that will be accessed by way of laptops that dock to a port in the vehicles or can be taken out of the vehicles to be connected in the Detachments, or remotely to the system from anywhere else. No mention of PDA though.

------------------
              P. D. (Pete) Broccolo, Constable
              #32936 - RCMP Weyburn, Saskatchewan
              #32936 - Royal Canadian Mounted Police - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
              Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 to date
              RCMP Veterans Association - Regina Division member
              Mounted Police Professional Association of Canada - Associate (Retired) member
              "Smile" - no!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5339 users online. 307 members and 5032 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X