Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Debadged" Vehicles

Interested to see what the laws are in your state about the following:

A lot of "tuners" as they like to be called tend to "debadge" their cars, meaning they remove all emblems on the exterior of the vehicle. Most do it because they say the car has a "cleaner" look to it. The debate on one of the car forums I am on is whether or not it is illegal to remove the emblems.

One group is saying they heard from a cop that it's illegal. When asked to back it up with some kind of documentation, none can be provided. Others say that while cops may not like it, it's not illegal.

EDIT: I forgot to add that certain manufactures like Porsche, Lamborghini and even Mercedes Benz have this as an option on certain models.

So what's the real story? Please provide documented proof if possible.
    Last edited by NextCapCop; 10-08-2008, 02:20 AM.

Last edited by Huey County; 08-05-2009, 01:06 AM.
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward.
    Whoever cannot take care of themselves without that law is both.
    For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,
    'If I live, I will kill you. If I die, You are forgiven.'

Such is the rule of honour.

~L.o.G.~

Comment

I debadge all of my vehicles. It makes for a much cleaner appearance and makes it way easier to detail.
      "Valor would cease to be a virtue, if there were no injustice." -Agesilaus the Great

Comment

There's also this thread on the subject as well, same thing, not illegal.
        http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=101393

Comment

thanks for the link! for some reason I didn't see that thread when I searched.

I never saw any law myself stating it was illegal, glad to hear it from you guys as well.

Comment

ahaha..now the discussion has moved from this to another topic I find funny.

The law says you can be fined if you have your system [audio] louder than 75 dB when measured from 25 feet away. Someone says "Systems are illegal even if you turn the volume down because they can charge you with intent to play loud music". I just LOLed and asked him "So people that own guns-do the cops show up at their door and charge then with intent to murder just because they own guns?"

Im waiting for his response. SMH-there is a lot of misinformation spreading on that forum.

Comment

Originally posted by NextCapCop View Post
              ahaha..now the discussion has moved from this to another topic I find funny.

The law says you can be fined if you have your system [audio] louder than 75 dB when measured from 25 feet away. Someone says "Systems are illegal even if you turn the volume down because they can charge you with intent to play loud music". I just LOLed and asked him "So people that own guns-do the cops show up at their door and charge then with intent to murder just because they own guns?"

Im waiting for his response. SMH-there is a lot of misinformation spreading on that forum.
              California Vehicle Code Section 27007 states the following:

Sound Amplification Devices

27007. No driver of a vehicle shall operate, or permit the operation of, any sound amplification system which can be heard outside the vehicle from 50 or more feet when the vehicle is being operated upon a highway, unless that system is being operated to request assistance or warn of a hazardous situation. This section shall not apply to authorized emergency vehicles or vehicles operated by gas, electric, communications, or water utilities. This section does not apply to the sound systems of vehicles used for advertising, or in parades, political or other special events, except that use of sound systems on those vehicles may be prohibited by a local authority by ordinance or resolution.

Amended Ch. 538, Stats. 1989. Effective January 1, 1990.
              Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

I prefer to "ReBadge" my vehicles... didn't know you could get a BMW for 12K new did ya?
                ...Did you call the Boys in Blue or the Man in Tan?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10498 users online. 513 members and 9985 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X