300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Louisiana Basic Police Academy

Can anyone from Louisiana tell me about the Louisiana State Police Basic Police Academy conducted in Baton Rouge? I would have to attend it to become a Probation and Parole officer.
    What are the physical requirements? Do you have weekends to yourself to see your spouse in Shreveport? Is it a paramilitary environment? Etc.
    Thanks to anyone who can answer my questions and any additional info.
    Sergeant First Class (Retired)
    United States Army

the Louisiana State Police Basic Police Academy conducted in Baton Rouge? I would have to attend it to become a Probation and Parole officer.
    You mean they'll let you do that???
    "That's right man, we've got mills here that'll blow that heap of your's right off the road."

"Beautiful Daughter of the Stars."(it's my home now)

>>>>> A Time for Choosing <<<<<

Retired @ 31yr 2mo as of 0000 hrs. 01-01-10. Yeah, all in all, it was good.

Comment

Is it the actual LSP academy, or is it a basic academy put on at their facility? I have never heard of LSP letting outside agencies send people to their academy.
      If it is the actual LSP academy.. it is Para-military, you do have to stay M-F but you do have the weekends off, and the physical req. for a LSP recruit is pretty tough but im unsure for a visitor.

Comment

Originally posted by wannabpnp View Post
        Can anyone from Louisiana tell me about the Louisiana State Police Basic Police Academy conducted in Baton Rouge? I would have to attend it to become a Probation and Parole officer.
        What are the physical requirements? Do you have weekends to yourself to see your spouse in Shreveport? Is it a paramilitary environment? Etc.
        Thanks to anyone who can answer my questions and any additional info.

The LSP and PNP are two separate academies. Both are in Baton Rouge. LSP is more paramilitary and the PNP is more academic. They are held in two different locations. In the PNP academy you will have PT and Defensive tactics; however it is just run with a differently mentality. Both academies are POST Certified.
        Last edited by uscs344; 10-08-2008, 02:41 PM. Reason: grammar check

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1567 users online. 94 members and 1473 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X