300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gun and flying

Ok I know I can't carry my firearm on an airplane. My wife's grandfather has been diagnosed with cancer and we're going to TX for a few days next week. We're flying and I want to bring my firearm. How do I check my weapon into luggage with out being tackled by a SWAT team?

Hobbsie

Each airline is different, I'd advise you to call and ask. And arrive early...

Check this out as most will be rather similar due to FAA regulations.
    http://www.aa.com/aa/i18nForward.do?...e/firearms.jsp

Comment

FAA has nothing to do with it, it's a TSA regulation.

http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtrav...rial_1666.shtm

Comment

Yes check with the airline. TSA requires that checked luggage is available for them to open, not locked. Federal law requries that firearms cases must be locked. TSA will want to inspect the guns before the lock goes on.

Ammunition must be in factory boxes and in a separate case from the gun.

Comment

Fark the airlines. Take it apart and mail it in three boxes.
          sigpic
          Don't make me gassy.
          You wouldn't LIKE me when I'm gassy...

If you're offended by something that I've said...it was just your turn.

Comment

Originally posted by ComicGuy View Post
            Fark the airlines. Take it apart and mail it in three boxes.

That would be against federal law to mail a handgun via the US postal service.

Comment

Originally posted by David Hineline
              Ammunition must be in factory boxes and in a separate case from the gun.
              Wrong. Go to the link in my post above.

Comment

Originally posted by BD380 View Post
                Wrong. Go to the link in my post above.
                Separate case as in not in the gun case.....

If one flies, handgun is unloaded in the gun case....ammo is outside said case....and not in mags. Has to be in the box it came with.......

If it was me, I would get with FedEx or UPS and ship the thing to myself.....but that's just me.

I did that Lord only knows how many times when I was flying to/from DC to see the Ex and never had an issue......

Comment

When I flew from South Carolina back to Texas during the summer, I had my gun in my suit case but on top. I had the gun in the original gun box, but the ammunition was in the magazine in the gun box....but the gun was unloaded. That's all they required of me. Make sure you have your badge and I.D. on you too.

Check with the airline too....they can provide the most accurate information

Comment

Originally posted by Glock22/149 View Post
                    Check with the airline too....they can provide the most accurate information
                    Always check with the Airlines......

Also, if TSA or the Airline Counter Agent are giving you grief (and some will because they simply don't know their own regulations/rules about it) ask for a supervisor.....and ask for the local Airport LEOs......

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
                      If it was me, I would get with FedEx or UPS and ship the thing to myself.....but that's just me.

I had to send my 1911 back to Kimber to get some work done on it, and UPS said they couldn't ship it for me. The manager of the UPS store said they didn't have the proper license.

I ended up taking it to the local gun store and having them ship it for me (and receiving it back from Kimber).

Comment

Originally posted by ninjamom6 View Post

I had to send my 1911 back to Kimber to get some work done on it, and UPS said they couldn't ship it for me. The manager of the UPS store said they didn't have the proper license.

I ended up taking it to the local gun store and having them ship it for me (and receiving it back from Kimber).
                        Errr....UPS guy is a idiot.

Weapons can be shipped by UPS Ground..... Not air....

My last two Glocks were bought in KS from OMP Police Supply (or whatever the hell they are called now) and they had to be shipped to the PD since I bought them out of state.

They came 3 days later via UPS Ground......

Sounds like you need to go smack someone around.....

Comment

Eh, no biggie. The gun shop will get my business, UPS won't.

Comment

Originally posted by ninjamom6 View Post
                            Eh, no biggie. The gun shop will get my business, UPS won't.
                            Ah....

Just ticks me off when folks don't know what their company can/can't do....

Comment

Originally posted by David Hineline View Post
                              That would be against federal law to mail a handgun via the US postal service.
                              But that would not be mailing a handgun.

That would be mailing handgun parts.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5639 users online. 401 members and 5238 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X