300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drunk Driving FTL!

So Im coming from my friend's house like an hour ago and I'm stopped at a light waiting for it to turn green. About 5 seconds later a Jeep cherokee is coming up in my mirror FAST, I was expecting the guy to slam right into me. He didnt! but 5 seconds later, the moron hits the gas and slams right into my rear bumper :dammit:

So I get out of the car to look at WTF just happened. The guy comes out of his car and he is DRUNK. Actually that's an understatement, he was ****IN DRUNK. He could barely stand up. I showed him the damage and he tried to offer me money to pay for the damage but all he pulls out from his pocket is a wad of singles [couldn't have been more than $10]. So I keep looking at him like WTF..then he pulls out his wallet looking for money but it was empty. While he is doing all this, I'm already on the phone with 911 and already jotted down his plate into my phone because I had a feeling he was gonna run. Five minutes later while Im still waiting for the cops, he is still there waiting outside his car trying to keep himself from falling over.

A few seconds later he gets back in the trunk and reverses 5-6 feet. At that point I knew he was either going to slam into my car more or take off. He chose to take off, speeding down side street and making a HARD turn onto a busy avenue. I'm surprised he didn't wipe out right there.

Long story short, he hit me and ran but what his drunk *** didn't realize is that I got his plates and as of a few minutes ago, so does the NYPD and they're looking for him. I honestly did not care about the damage to my vehicle as much as I cared about this ahole being ****IN DRUNK. He could have killed someone, hell his eyes were barely managing to stay open. I hope to god by the time I call the precinct tomorrow that they caught him.

I was driving down a side street approaching a major road once. I saw a patrol car cross the intersection in front of me, then a minivan. As I approached the intersection to turn, a pickup sped through the intersection very fast. I remebered thinking that he would be in for a surprise if he blew by the patrol car. I turned in the same direction of travel and approached a stoplight. The patrol car was stopped at the light with the minivan behind it. The pickup hit his breaks too late and slammed into the minivan which in turn was pushed into the rear of the patrol car. I stopped behind the pickup and turned on my hazards. The officer checked on the occupants in the minivan and I went to the pickup truck. The odor hit me like whoosh when I opened the door. I asked if he was okay and he couldn't even form a complete sentence. Fortunately, the officer and the occupants in the minivan where all okay. A pretty female officer came by and took my statement.
    I later saw the female officer at a hockey game and re-introduced myself (as I said, she was pretty). She remembered me (my ego was flattered) and said the guy was way over the limit and was put away for quite a bit.

Comment

I had something similar happen many years ago. I took the keys out of the ignition, which kept the driver from fleeing.
      Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
      Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

I got hit by a pilled up female on Wednesday in my partner's unmarked. She tried to walk away after she hit us. She was arrested for vehicular homicide in 2007. Luckily, we only got banged up a little. In your situation, I would have forced the guy to stay to prevent further injury or death.
        If one man can make a difference, every man should.

Comment

Originally posted by DAL View Post
          I had something similar happen many years ago. I took the keys out of the ignition, which kept the driver from fleeing.
          I got taken for a ride on the side of a drunk's car trying that, I don't recommend it. Luckily all ended well after throwing his car into park at 35 mph, ripping him out the open window and putting a carotid on him when he decided to try and fight.
          Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
          Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by saranac View Post
            In your situation, I would have forced the guy to stay to prevent further injury or death.
            Originally posted by DAL View Post
            Originally posted by mdrdep View Post
            I got taken for a ride on the side of a drunk's car trying that, I don't recommend it.
            That thought crossed my mind but I really did not want to put myself in a worse position by making him angry. I was not sure if he had any weapons in the car or on him and things could have escalated from bad to worse. I tried to stall him as long as I could but I was not going to stand infront of the car while he is trying to take off, especially considering the damage to my car is basically paint. I was alone at the time and the streets were empty at 3 am. Maybe if I had a friend with me I would have attempted to physically restrain him until the cops arrived.

I got taken for a ride on the side of a drunk's car trying that, I don't recommend it. Luckily all ended well after throwing his car into park at 35 mph, ripping him out the open window and putting a carotid on him when he decided to try and fight.

Comment

Originally posted by NextCapCop View Post
              That thought crossed my mind but I really did not want to put myself in a worse position by making him angry. I was not sure if he had any weapons in the car or on him and things could have escalated from bad to worse. I tried to stall him as long as I could but I was not going to stand infront of the car while he is trying to take off, especially considering the damage to my car is basically paint. I was alone at the time and the streets were empty at 3 am.

And that goes to my point. This was a lesson I learned the hard way hanging on to the side of a moving vehicle at 35 MPH. I will not do it again even on duty.
              Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
              Albert Einstein

Comment

In my case -- as in the one presented here -- he had gotten out of his car.
                Last edited by DAL; 09-22-2008, 02:29 PM.
                Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
                Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Post has been edited.
                  Last edited by MarioS; 02-18-2011, 05:45 AM.

Comment

Glad you are okay.

The thing about people who drive drunk, is that they drive drunk. Even if they didn't get him that night, they'll get him sooner or later.

Can he be charged with a hit-and-run later on, if he were stopped for some other infraction, based on your reporting him?

Comment

Originally posted by NextCapCop View Post
                      A few seconds later he gets back in the trunk and reverses 5-6 feet. At that point I knew he was either going to slam into my car more or take off.

How does he drive from his trunk? Really? There's been a few times where I"ve had a few to many and chose the Trunk as a place to sleep it off as opposed to driving. Thank god I didn't find I shift lever, gas pedal and brake lever accompanied by a steering wheel in there! I could of hurt somebody!
                      You have the right to remain silent, but apparently you lack the skill to exercise that right.

Comment

Originally posted by D.o.D cop View Post
                        How does he drive from his trunk? Really? There's been a few times where I"ve had a few to many and chose the Trunk as a place to sleep it off as opposed to driving. Thank god I didn't find I shift lever, gas pedal and brake lever accompanied by a steering wheel in there! I could of hurt somebody!
                        LOL!

Obviously I meant the truck

Comment

Last night a couple officers at my area command arrested a DUI driver who was passed out drunk sitting about 30ft back from one of the busiest intersections in the world, with his mouth open, car in 1st, with his feet on the clutch and brake.

Comment

Post has been edited.
                            Last edited by MarioS; 02-18-2011, 05:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MarioS View Post
                              Haha, must have been a really light clutch...
                              I thought the same thing.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4374 users online. 275 members and 4099 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X