300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rookies, got to love them

LAst night, we had a homicide. Suspect description is fairly detailed: new model Ford Excursion, Blue in color, grey interior, deep gold spoke rims with low profile tires containing two hispanic males one ina wife beater. Now it usually doesn't get any better than that on a drive by. Ten minutes later new guy starts getting on the radio going, did it have striping, did it have an antenea ball, etc. etc. Finally someone asks him to get to his point. He is out on a 2000 Ford Excursion, blue in color with Gold Spoke rims about 7 blocks from the shooting scene but he is not sure he should go our on it because it might not be the right one

Then later, North Las Vegas is in pursuit waaaaaaaaaaay up in the North end of the valley. A patrol Sgt. get on the air and asks if there are some units close that can try to block some intersections as this guy is running about 90 on a four lane commercial road. We are getting our behinds kicked so nobody is clear. One unit gets on and says he will be in route but I notice his area is about 10 miles South of where the pursuit is, about 7 miles north of me. I figured he must have been at dinner or something out of his area. About two minutes later, here he comes flying by me on my call going balls to walls headed North bound which is the same direction the pursuit is going. Needless to say, the pursuit was over long before he got anywhere near it. It's so hard to believe now that we all were that , what's the word I want,... stupid at some point in our lives.

My neice and nephew are both rookies.....I really worry about them. My neice is very mature as is my nephew but he's younger then her. Reminds me of this big, cuddly puppy with this sweet smile. Of course, I remember them as babies so that's why it's so hard.

Comment

I went in pretty streewise, so didn't make bloopers as bad as that. Have seen plenty, tho.

Comment

Hey, it's that way with all rookies. I was a rookie teacher. I had this sweet little girl in my class. Well, teachers can be like anyone else.....Ya gotta be initiated. No one told me she had this uncontrollable temper! I was having a nice conversation when she went off on me. Well, I'm not very big and she did a real number one me. She had me under my desk kicking me when a male teacher pulled her off of me. I was a bruised mess.
        The other teachers got in a lot of trouble for that because I could have been hurt really badly. They apologized to me but I knew they didn't mean to hurt me. They wanted me to learn. But, remember, we aren't supposed to put one hand on these kids. And I couldn't have done anything if I had wanted to.
        Whew! I was much more careful after that!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6491 users online. 354 members and 6137 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X