• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAPD Officer Spree DeSha Laid To Rest

Her hat and damaged badge on display

The L.A.Times article:

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...,5547539.story

RIP!

Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

R.I.P. Officer Desha

Comment

RIP and God Bless
      sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

Rip.....................

Comment

Originally posted by SgtCHP View Post
          Her hat and damaged badge on display

Geez look at her badge If the force of the accident can do that to a badge I don't even want to think what it did to her body.

RIP.....
          This is my Glock, there are many like it, but this one is mine

"Anything is possible to he who dares" A.G. Spalding

Comment

Does anyone know what the correct spelling of this wonderful officers last name is? I have seen Desha, DeSha, De Sha. I would like to remember her correctly. Ok, I have it now, watched the video clip in the link that was posted. Thanks for sharing it here.

Whatever the case, Rest assured Officer DeSha that God only takes the very best. From what I read about you, you certainly qualified in that dept. while you were here.
            Last edited by CTR man; 09-20-2008, 11:59 AM.
            www.ldscops.com

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres PD.
            In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres PD.

http://www.odmp.org/officer.php?oid=17539

Comment

RIP pity she died in a train accident. what is the worst way for a police officer to go out?

Comment

This one was really sad.

SAYING GOODBYE
                Last edited by deputy x 2; 09-20-2008, 09:17 PM.
                This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

Rip.......
                  "Friendly Fire, isn't"

Comment

Originally posted by deputy x 2 View Post
                    This one was really sad.

SAYING GOODBYE
                    Yea that was her partner. I heard that she actually went down to the train crash site to identify her. Can you imagine being called to a accident to identify your S/O? My prayers are with her and her family.
                    This is my Glock, there are many like it, but this one is mine

"Anything is possible to he who dares" A.G. Spalding

Comment

Damn that really makes me feel bad. It's stuff like this, that always sweeps me back and makes me be thankful for where I am at this exact moment and what I have been blessed with in this life.

I hope she is forever remembered for the Officer, daughter, partner, best friend that she was to people.

Stay Safe out there people!

Comment

Originally posted by FireCop86 View Post
                        Yea that was her partner. I heard that she actually went down to the train crash site to identify her. Can you imagine being called to a accident to identify your S/O? My prayers are with her and her family.
                        Actually, she was sent there to work the accident scene. She figured out once she was there that Officer Desha was on the train.

Comment

R.I.P. We can take it from here, so rest easy.
                          All gave some,,, Some gave all...

Comment

R.I.P. I've been to too many police funerals in my life and none of them get any easier.
                            David Bailey Photography | Bailey Tactical

sigpic

"Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor satan shudders and says oh hell he's awake!"

Comment

Originally posted by nogginbuster24 View Post
                              RIP pity she died in a train accident. what is the worst way for a police officer to go out?
                              Doesn't really matter. Your just as dead no matter how you go out, whether you are shanked in a jail/prison, shot by a dirtbag in an alley, or killed in an accident.

It would be nice if we had complete control over our own destiny. Unfortunately sometimes we have to entrust our lives to others and hope that they are not going to fly our airplane while drunk, drive our bus on little or no rest, or send text messages while operating our train.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6255 users online. 346 members and 5909 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X