300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What goes on all across the world:

"WASHINGTON - An undercover video shot at an Iowa pig farm shows workers hitting sows with metal rods, slamming piglets on a concrete floor and bragging about jamming rods up into sows' hindquarters.

On the video, obtained by The Associated Press, a supervisor tells an undercover investigator for People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals that when he gets angry or a sow won't move, "I grab one of these rods and jam it in her (anus)."

"At one point on the video, an employee shouts to an investigator, "Hurt 'em! There's nobody works for PETA out here. You know who PETA is?" ""I hate them. These (expletives) deserve to be hurt. Hurt, I say!," the employee yells as he hits a sow with a metal rod. "Hurt! Hurt! Hurt! Hurt! ... Take out your frustrations on 'em." He encourages the investigator to pretend that one of the pigs scared off a voluptuous and willing 17- or 18-year-old girl, and then beat the pig for it."

"At one point in the video, workers are shown slamming piglets on the ground, a practice designed to instantly kill those baby pigs that aren't healthy enough. But on the video, the piglets are not killed instantly, and in a bloodied pile, some piglets can be seen wiggling vainly. The video also shows piglets being castrated, and having their tails cut off, without anesthesia. "

""So many times, it took all of my willpower not to step up and do something," he said, adding that he also saw the supervisor shove a cane into a sow's vagina. "I was just shocked. What do you say to that?""

Before the bashing begins, my opinion on all of this is very simple

If Michael Vic is going to get arrested for dog fighting, then clearly the law needs to step in elsewhere.
    When talking to a fool, be sure he isn't doing the same.

PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals

There's a place for all of God's animals...

...right next to the mashed potatoes!
    sigpic
    Let your watchword be duty, and know no other talisman of success than labor. Let honor be your guiding star in your dealing with your superiors, with your fellows, with all. Be as true to a trust reposed as the needle to the pole. Stand by the right even to the sacrifice of life itself, and learn that death is preferable to dishonor. ~ Gov. Richard Coke, October 4, 1876

Comment

Lets let PETA at him. Sorta like shaking up a few pitbulls in a cage and then letting them out... right? While I don't agree with PETA on some things, I agree with them with animal abuse at this level shouldn't be tolerated, regardless of it ending up on my plate or not.

Comment

Even if they are being raised for slaughter, the animals need to be treated decently. Those so-called people there probably all have criminal records, beat their wives, abuse their children and abuse alcohol. Their lives center on abuse and they get off on it. They are punks and bullies who will cry like little bitches if anyone goes hands-on with them.
        Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Originally posted by TexasAggieOfc View Post
          PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals

There's a place for all of God's animals...

...right next to the mashed potatoes!

Well, I have heard that cops make jokes and laugh to help cope with traumatizing events. So I won't say anything.

Comment

Originally posted by ateamer View Post
            Even if they are being raised for slaughter, the animals need to be treated decently. Those so-called people there probably all have criminal records, beat their wives, abuse their children and abuse alcohol. Their lives center on abuse and they get off on it. They are punks and bullies who will cry like little bitches if anyone goes hands-on with them.
            +1.

Comment

The hormones from the stress of an animal in pain and panic before dieing goes into your meat.

IT COULD TASTE BETTER, if they used quicker methods of killing them
              "Friendly Fire, isn't"

Comment

*sigh*
                Call me jaded or whatever, but... what with all the terrible things in the world happening to humans everyday. I can't find it in me to be moved by a man treats his pigs.
                Maybe just cause I never had animals as a kid or something. I hear this report and think "Yeah, so".
                They will all look up to me and shout, "Save us!", and I will whisper back... "No."

LAW is not JUSTICE

Comment

Originally posted by midnight_v View Post
                  *sigh*
                  Call me jaded or whatever, but... what with all the terrible things in the world happening to humans everyday. I can't find it in me to be moved by a man treats his pigs.
                  Maybe just cause I never had animals as a kid or something. I hear this report and think "Yeah, so".
                  You don't think these people ought to be thrown in prison? Yes bad stuff goes on in the world, but the police force here in the States aren't the ones who have to fix that. They enforce the law here.

Animal abuse is against the law. And to this extent, it's almost something you'd expect to see in a horror movie.

Comment

Not to beat a dead horse....(pun intended), but we went over this a couple of months ago......I'm fairly sure that no opinions have been changed.....
                    The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Originally posted by Eclipse27 View Post
                      You don't think these people ought to be thrown in prison? Yes bad stuff goes on in the world, but the police force here in the States aren't the ones who have to fix that. They enforce the law here.

Animal abuse is against the law. And to this extent, it's almost something you'd expect to see in a horror movie.
                      No. No I don't. I don't particularly believe in animal rights I suppose. That generally sums it up I guess.
                      Animal abuse is against the law, yeah, but even legally... if I had to rate how important that was, I mean how important that was vs, using police/detective power elsewhere like illegal drug stings or even better investigating political or buisness crime. I'd rate the importance somewhere around giving parking viloations full time, I guess .
                      Not really all that important.
                      So, there's no outrage or anything when I read this. More like a "eh, thats odd."
                      Which isn't to say I don't have a respect for the law, in general, there are some laws that, are legislated that I wouldn't have let get passed or would be equally impasse about.
                      Where as in most states one can get less time for fingering a 10-year old boy (8 years + registry is the lowest I've seen), than say a quater kilo of coke (up to 20 agg depending on factors). I... disagree with that.
                      Law is funny in that we enforce it and complain about lawyers, but then you realize it written by lawyers.

Oh and....
                      Yes bad stuff goes on in the world, but the police force here in the States aren't the ones who have to fix that
                      I responded about the World because the title of this thread is:
                      "What goes on all around the world."
                      So I responded with a "world view" of the problem.
                      They will all look up to me and shout, "Save us!", and I will whisper back... "No."

LAW is not JUSTICE

Comment

I dunno, people who abuse animals usually have other issues, like Ateamer said.

On the other hand, I'm not a vegetarian, so I've always felt it somewhat hypocritical to comment on animal cruelty...

Comment

Originally posted by midnight_v View Post
                          Animal abuse is against the law, yeah, but even legally... if I had to rate how important that was, I mean how important that was vs, using police/detective power elsewhere like illegal drug stings or even better investigating political or buisness crime.

Perhaps, but when Michael Vic gets 95% of the news' airtime for weeks straight for dogfighting, yet no one really gives a damn about this, well...it makes ya wonder.

And if laws simply aren't going to be enforced because cops have better things to deal with, why on earth make the law in the first place?

Comment

Originally posted by Eclipse27 View Post
                            Perhaps, but when Michael Vic gets 95% of the news' airtime for weeks straight for dogfighting, yet no one really gives a damn about this, well...it makes ya wonder.

And if laws simply aren't going to be enforced because cops have better things to deal with, why on earth make the law in the first place?
                            Why indeed? One because we have many groups pushing agenda's and promising politicians things *money*. Thats what the concept of a lobbyist is. When we start discussing cops having better things to deal with were start division of resources. We don't have Infinite funding or infinite resources, or in many cases, "sufficient" is a better word. So some division of Labor is going to take place, I'd like to affect a change where we were doing more to protect "You" instead of the animals.
                            Micheal Vic, same idea, I think it was a stupid law, if someone had asked me I'd not have thought it illegal to fight dogs. I'd have thought the "gambling" was illegal, but I'd have never thought he was violating some "animal rights law".

LAW is not JUSTICE

Comment

Sounds like this:

The Pig Farmer
                              http://www.foodrevolution.org/pig_farmer.htm

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5847 users online. 309 members and 5538 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X