Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't Pass New Jersey Troopers/Cops

WadsonF 10-4's the above statement.

Ha, every time there's a CHP car about, all the cars suddenly decide to drive below 65mph.

My view on the subject has been that cops will normally let it slide if you're only going a few miles over, but if you do that right next to them, that would seem insulting, and sort of be asking for a ticket...

Comment

Don't exceed the speed limit while passing a cop
      "Friendly Fire, isn't"

Comment

I recently passed an Oklahoma trooper without being stopped. It was a 75 zone, and I had my cruise control set at 75. I would say that he was going about 72. They don't always travel at the speed limit.
        Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
        Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

There's no way of telling how fast they're going. The guy also went over the left line right after he passed the cop. How you know he was stopped because he drove past the cop?

Comment

The guy recording that is annoying.
            When talking to a fool, be sure he isn't doing the same.

Comment

Originally posted by StudChris View Post
              There's no way of telling how fast they're going. The guy also went over the left line right after he passed the cop. How you know he was stopped because he drove past the cop?
              I was thinking the same thing. For all we really know, he couldve been flipping off the officer or something. Then again, it could be that you never pass a trooper.

Maybe its just our town, but around here you can usually pass by officers with no problem. Granted, you dont fly by them, but you can usually do a few over.
              "...and the taking of a life is murder. And the punishment for murder is.... well it varies from state to state and by race, but...." - Homer J Simpson.

Police: "Stop and we'll shoot!"
              Dilbert: "Stop AND we'll shoot? If you're gonna shoot, why should we stop?"
              Police: "Well, it would be alot easier for us. The targets at the shooting range don't run."

R.I.P. Momma Coleman. You may have left our world, but you have NOT left our hearts.

Comment

Originally posted by exdrip View Post
                Don't exceed the speed limit while passing a cop
                Bingo.

My guess is that the trooper was doing the speed limit and Einstein figured it was okay to ease by him. It happens all the time in the New York City area.
                I’ll die with blue in my veins.

Comment

Ask and ye shall receive. LOL dummy
                  The greatest misconception in police work that gets more officers killed is alot of cops are still taught to use the "minimum force necessary". In reality a true professional will always resort to the "Maximum Allowable Force" to resolve a situation. They mean the same thing, however one is a restriction and the other is an empowerment.

Comment

Could it have something to do w/ that sign that appears right around the :42-:45 mark that looks to me like a speed limit sign with some orange above it (and just before the car ultimately pulled over pulls ahead)?

But whoever recorded that is definitely annoying.
                    Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear. --Mark Twain

Comment

I drive this section of I-295 everyday and there is a lot of highway construction going on. The orange sign above the posted limit more than likely said, Fines Doubled In Work Zone.
                      It's better to be hated for what you are, then to be loved for what you are not.

Comment

People do this to me all the time when I am on the freeways. Even if I am 10 over the limit people will pass me.....some rather quickly. There are even some that I will give a warning with a hit of the lights or siren to slow them back down and about a mile down the road they pass me again. The sad thing is that they have attitude when they get stopped. Hello, if you are going to violate the law do not do it in a manner where you are 5 feet away from the police officer and are doing something to call attention to yourself......like passing the officer.

Comment

Haha. This video is great.
                          WadsonF 10-4's the above statement.

Comment

I think it was discussed in one of the other traffic enforcement threads that it's kind of a damned-if-you-do/don't situation for cops because if they drive over the speed limit people complain, but if they're under they feel they're holding things up.

Comment

as a nj taxpayer the njsp are good for doing that...the speed limit should be 70 for some of our highways but the most we can get is 65 but traffic is always moving faster...as for the comment about the construction...IT'S NEW JERSEY..EVERY DAMN HIGHWAY IN THE STATE(i'm serious look it up AS SOME TYPE OF CONSTRUCTION GOING ON....

hell i've seen off duty leo's in there pov shoot up to people speeding in the passing lane and flash there badge and cris cross the highway to slow traffic

hell thats nj for you

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5753 users online. 328 members and 5425 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X