300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hospital Security

How many Hospital guards are there in here? Seems like a lot.

1)Whereabouts are you situated?
    2)Contract or In-house?
    3)How big is your system, i.e. how many beds in the main hospital and how many other buildings? Trauma level?
    4)What gear do you carry?
    and of course, since we're talking security:
    5)How many keys?

Just kinda curious how different hospitals compare. Here's mine:

1)Northern Illinois
    2)In-House
    3)357 beds in the main hospital, plus 28 other buildings owned by the Health System. Level 2 trauma center (no 24/7 neurosurgeon)
    4)Baton, OC (foam & fogger), cuffs, pager, portable, vest, multi-tool (there's only one engineer on at night, so we end up helping him out a lot)
    5)About thirty on one large key ring, and maybe fifteen or so on a smaller one. And I use...oh...two or three of them on a regular basis.
    Don't ever pass up an opportunity to keep your mouth shut.

Originally posted by Sgt. Slaughter
    Sorry, champ. Armoring your nads is weird, so deal with it.

Originally posted by cobes View Post

2)Contract or In-house?
    3)How big is your system, i.e. how many beds in the main hospital and how many other buildings? Trauma level?
    5)How many keys?

1)Northern Illinois
    2)In-House
    3)357 beds in the main hospital, plus 28 other buildings owned by the Health System. Level 2 trauma center (no 24/7 neurosurgeon)
    4)Baton, OC (foam & fogger), cuffs, pager, portable, vest, multi-tool (there's only one engineer on at night, so we end up helping him out a lot)
    5)About thirty on one large key ring, and maybe fifteen or so on a smaller one. And I use...oh...two or three of them on a regular basis.

I don't know about everywhere else, but in my part of town hospital security is an oxymoron.

Comment

Originally posted by Columbus View Post
      I don't know about everywhere else, but in my part of town hospital security is an oxymoron.
      Were I am at we have around 800 beds. Level 1 trauma center !

Security is a combination of basic security and university police.

Police are armed with standard gear, security are unarmed but usually serve as much needed extra hands.

I'd have to say that generally they do really good job. Glad their there, make our lives easier and sometimes it's for the best for the patient.

We have a lot of DOC too, they are also armed. All have large frame revolvers, must be mandated.

Comment

Ok don’t laugh this is only a job until I get into LE hahaha

1) Outside of Buffalo, NY
        2) In-house
        3) 5 major hospitals in my health system with a ton of little satellite locations. 3 are in downtown buffalo, 2 are in the suburban areas around Buffalo. I work at one of these 2 sites. My hospital is 3 stories 340 beds and owns the biggest ER in western New York.
        4) At my site were only allowed to carry cuffs and gloves. In addition we all carry a pager and radio. (idk what the guys downtown carry, but as far as I know batons, OC spray and stuff like that are just liabilities that our health system wants nothing to do with) However I carry a flashlight and an automatic knife, which is concealed as to not scare our nurses/patrons haha. My Lt. as well as the Sgts downtown all carry while on duty.
        5) And as far as keys go we carry like 25, 3-4 of which we actually use haha

Not bad. I like it, however it is boring at times (eh I do work in the 4th safest city in the US. extra points to anyone who figures that one out ha). But I do love dealing with all different kinds of people (Especially the drunks and druggies who like to fight or give the EMTs trouble) And one thing is for sure I've seen a lot of crazy stuff here that has opened my eyes to the world (especially in the ER). Stuff that I like to think is weaning me into the stuff I would see out on the street as a LEO. Before working here I never saw a dead person nor had I ever seen someone die or be brought back to life for that matter. I've been working here for a year now and I've seen all 3 in ten fold. So you can call me a rent a cop or whatever hahaha but I love my job and can't wait to get into LE!
        "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

Comment

1) Ontario, Canada
          2) Contract
          3) 5 Major Hospial Sites, with mulitple outbuildings at each site. Bed sizes ranging from 60 - 700...not sure of the trauma level
          4) Radio, cell phone, cuffs, gerber, light, gloves...patrol wears a vest and drives a charger(police package) Keys....2 sets 7 millions keys on each ring and I use 3 max...OHH and dont forget the allen keys as well.

Originally posted by cobes View Post

2)Contract or In-house?
          5)How many keys?

1)Northern Illinois
          2)In-House

Comment

Originally posted by BWN View Post
            1) patrol wears a vest and drives a charger(police package)
            Hospital security driving a dodge charger??? Thats great! We have a jeep liberty that takes us to our offsites but thats just too much fun!
            "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

Comment

1)Whereabouts are you situated? Las Vegas, NV

2)Contract or In-house? In-House

3)How big is your system, i.e. how many beds in the main hospital and how many other buildings? Trauma level? HCA Hospitals, Three other facilities in Las Vegas, NV and numerous ones threw out the country and three overseas. Trauma level III. We have two MOB's attached to our hospital.

4)What gear do you carry? Bianchi Duty Gear...Two sets of Peerless 801's, Glove/Pager pouch full of gloves, Radio with ear piece, Sabre O.C., Silent key holder with two cuff keys, Surefire V70 holster with either a 6P w/Malkoff drop-in or a Fenix TK11 sitting in it depending on the day, Surefire E1B in the right front pocket, kabar boot knife on the left ankle.

Separate locker I have a Mark 9 bottle of Sabre, 30-40 pairs of flex cuffs, hobble, Tigerlight with Sabre O.C., extra pair of Hiatt handcuffs, ASP airweight 21" and of course no firearms are allowed but I have that covered...

We buy all of our gear, the hospital only provides the radio.

5)How many keys? About 20-30 but I only need five of them.
              Last edited by djblank87; 09-17-2008, 12:59 AM.

CrossFit

RossTraining

Comment

In my city our hospital have sworn police officers for security. They carry everything we do including Tasers. They drive 2008 Chargers that are decked out. They have jail privileges to our jail for when they make an arrest. They are pretty much self sufficient.
                Strong Body, Sharp Mind And Good Tactics!

Comment

Originally posted by juicesnn4e2
                  East Amherst. So Ima guess that you work at the hospital on Maple.
                  +1 brother

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5365 users online. 315 members and 5050 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X