X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rookie K9 Sniffs Out $12M In Marijuana At Port

6,000 Pounds Of Pot Found In A Container At The Port Of Miami
    Kiara, A Rookie K9, Found The Drugs

MIAMI (CBS4) ― ICE and CBP seize more than 6,000 pounds of marijuana with a street value of $12 million

Twelve million dollars worth of marijuana will not make it to the streets of South Florida after a drug filled container was seized at the Port of Miami.

The 6,000 pounds of marijuana, with a street value of $12-million, was discovered Saturday. U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) special agents and U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officers were working a long row of 20-foot containers that had been shipped through Jamaica before arriving at Miami.

A CBP rookie K-9 named Kiara, alerted to one of the containers, filled with burlap sacks filled with various sized packages of marijuana.

This was Kiara's first big seizure. She's a 2-year old black Malinois and recent graduate of the CBP Canine Academy in Virginia.

This seizure demonstrates the level of partnership between ICE and CBP in our efforts to identify drug smugglers, how they operate and the routes they use to prevent illegal drugs from being distributed throughout our communities, said Anthony V. Mangione, Special Agent in Charge of ICEs Office of Investigations in Miami.
    More:
    http://cbs4.com/local/marijuana.port.of.2.818034.html

B-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l !!!
    "Rulers are not a cause of fear for good behavior but for evil behavior. Do you want to have no fear of authority? Do what is good and you will have praise from the same." ~~ God

Comment

That's so awesome!
      Time flies...it's up to you to be the navigator.

Comment

It took at dog to sniff out 6,000 pounds of Marijuana? hehe.
        sigpic
        A Blog Of My Journey To Become a LEO

Comment

Originally posted by gui4life86 View Post
          It took at dog to sniff out 6,000 pounds of Marijuana? hehe.
          Took the words right out of my mouth. Its pretty hard to hide the odor of raw marijuana once you get over a few hundred pounds...

Comment

Either way someone somewhere is crying. Good girl, here's a biscuit and a rubber ball

Comment

Originally posted by katseiye View Post
              Either way someone somewhere is crying. Good girl, here's a biscuit and a rubber ball
              haha, I don't know about crying but I would magine the dirtbags in charge of the drug shipment are dead as we speak. Drug loards tend to not be forgiving i would imagine.

Comment

Sure...Sure...

Set the standard high for yourselves...

Nice job...but what will the boss expect NEXT TIME?

Comment

As Ram from supertroopers would say:
                  "Thats alot of hooch"

Nice to see that young pup make that bust. Hes gonna be getting nothing but milkbones for the next month

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3811 users online. 206 members and 3605 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X