300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am off to SC today!

Just wanted to drop in and say I am hopping in the truck here soon to head to Hilton Head SC for my 4 day Sheriff test! I hope all goes well! I am just going to go and relax and have fun! The hotel has a business center so I can log in and give some updates on how things are going there..

Talk to everyone soon!
    All is 10-61 here you can show me 10-8!

Gl

Comment

Good luck and welcome to SC - Where the men are men and the sheep are scared!
      “We don't disagree, you are wrong. Until you have a clue what you are talking about we can't disagree.” - cgh6366

Comment

From my trip this spring

From my trip to Beaufort this April, I can say a couple things, SandFleas and from every indication I could come up with there seems to be no enforcement of the speed limit on SC interstate highway system. Looks pretty easy to prevent escape there, just close the only road going to the Island.

Comment

Not from what I saw. Unmarked Chargers, Mustangs, Camaros and CV all over the place.
          Being a good street cop is like coming to work in a wet suit and peeing in your pants. It's a nice warm feeling, but you're the only one who knows anything has happened.

Comment

Originally posted by stormz5192 View Post
            Not from what I saw. Unmarked Chargers, Mustangs, Camaros and CV all over the place.
            That and then some.

By the time you read this, you'll be here, so WELCOME!
            Be careful on Highway 278 and 170, they do enforce speed around there.

Are you staying on the Island? With family?

LMK if I can help you with anything.
            Quote of the week: "I was going how fast? And that's a school zone?"

Comment

Good luck man.
              son, if you keep this up, soon you'll inherit the family mullet!

Comment

1074 Im staying at the Hilton on 21 all the testing is on this side nothing on the island - Thanks for the welcome to SC - Boy has this place changed ! I have not been here in 15 years!! I know how they patrol down here so I am in the slow lane and just cruising.

830 AM first test of the day PT, the Gun Range, Written test, background review - That is all on Monday

Ill report back Monday night... cheers...

Comment

Well??

How was that testing in this darn heat???

Comment

Ok Reporting in...
                    PAT Test - PASSED!
                    FireArms Test - PASSED!
                    Written - PASSED!
                    Physical - PASSED!
                    Polygraph - 9/16
                    Psych - 9/17
                    Oral IV - 9/18

The test was so much fun ! I think we shot about 100 rounds each, The Course was good - ( no rattle snakes!)
                    the Dept was great! the dept. brought a whole cooler with Gator Ade , water and soda for us and it was top notch...

Very excited about my chances - I will report in Tuesday night.

Comment

The BCSO is a very good department. They have very high training standards, I think 4x higher than SC State required minimums. They need quite a few more Deputies on the road, but the budget isn't up for that yet.

Comment

Ok Tuesday nights report
                        Passed the Poly!!! was nerve racking but still all fun
                        Had a long talk with the Captain today as well ... I am not going to jinx myself but I have more news that I will post once i get through the Psych and Oral IV.
                        Very Excited!!!!! for sure!!

Comment

Capt. T.W. Smith??? Good fella. Pretty easy to talk with.

How many people are testing with you?

Comment

PM sent - and yeah Cpt Smith is a great guy, we started out with 33 from what I was told and now we are down to 6...

Comment

Well I am back hom ein FL - Had my Oral Board today and I think it went well - only thing left is the waiting... they said I will know in 1 to 2 weeks... Ill keep everyone posted...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6277 users online. 356 members and 5921 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X