300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAPD Officer killed in train wreck

Police officers and rescue personnel salute as the body of a Los Angeles Police Department officer, Spree Desha, 35, is removed late Friday from the wreckage of a Metrolink commuter train. Desha was on her way home from work when the train collided with a Union Pacific freight train in Chatsworth. The death toll would rise to at least 18 by Saturday morning.

What a horrible tragedy.

Times like this are what bring out the strength in people to do what is needed with poise, dignity and respect. I found these pictures moving; they are of the scene as Officer Desha was removed from the crash.

Illustrated here is just how close we are to our brothers in the FD.

Last edited by rangesgt; 09-15-2008, 04:12 AM.

Comment

Reports on TV said the engineer of the train was sending text messages on his cell phone at the time and missed a stop signal.

Comment

Originally posted by David Hineline View Post
        Reports on TV said the engineer of the train was sending text messages on his cell phone at the time and missed a stop signal.
        No ****? Is that what they really said?

How unfortunate.
        WadsonF 10-4's the above statement.

Comment

this is a tragic event indeed. Never sit in the front of a train.

Comment

there was more then just this one cop who lost their life...media should stop over exposing this..

Comment

Originally posted by Hyetothesky View Post
              there was more then just this one cop who lost their life...media should stop over exposing this..
              Your brother and sister weren't on the train, one of the injuried or perhaps killed...OURS was!
              This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

understood...but to compare that tragedy to 9/11 its unparalleled

Comment

Who is comparing this to 9-11?....

I think its time for you to go back under the bridge.........
                  The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
                    Who is comparing this to 9-11?....

I think its time for you to go back under the bridge.........
                    honestly i heard a woman who held a press conference and she said this was 'L.A's 911' thats why i said that

Comment

honestly i heard a woman who held a press conference and she said this was 'L.A's 911' thats why i said that
                      Well,,,,since that was not anyone here, the comment is unwarranted.....

Between this, and your whining about being booked for various charges, it looks like you are trying for 2nd place in the 'shortest time on O.com' event......
                      The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Someone let the Jack*** out Plz! She was one of us and we can mourn our loss anyway we see fit! Hyetothesky didn't your momma teach if you have nothing good to say, just shut up!

May she rest in peace as we pray for her family & friends and her brothers and sisters in blue.
                        Strong Body, Sharp Mind And Good Tactics!

Comment

Originally posted by Rush817 View Post
                          Someone let the Jack*** out Plz! She was one of us and we can mourn our loss anyway we see fit! Hyetothesky didn't your momma teach if you have nothing good to say, just shut up!

May she rest in peace as we pray for her family & friends and her brothers and sisters in blue.
                          oh my condolences to their family as well as yours...my statement was mearly not to under-mind the other people who tragically lost their lives...but just not televised

besides every person who lives and breathes on this earth is my brother and sister....badge or not...

Comment

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
                            Well,,,,since that was not anyone here, the comment is unwarranted.....

Between this, and your whining about being booked for various charges, it looks like you are trying for 2nd place in the 'shortest time on O.com' event......
                            LOL what was the first place time?
                            This is my Glock, there are many like it, but this one is mine

"Anything is possible to he who dares" A.G. Spalding

Comment

Did you happen to look at what type of forum you are on? The media is not just covering the LAPD officer. People on this forum are either in LEO, want to be LEO, or have a interest in LEO. That being said we are going to post articles related to LEO. Not that we don't care about the other victims but when an LEO is killed it strikes a nerve more so then the average citizen. I think from now on you should choose your words carefully and take into consideration what type of forum you are in or you are going to make a lot of enemies and risk being banned.
                              This is my Glock, there are many like it, but this one is mine

"Anything is possible to he who dares" A.G. Spalding

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4214 users online. 217 members and 3997 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X