300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Black Monday..on Saturday

Well, it's dark out, I've got my coffee and waiting to head our for my first day at the UCC Regional Police Reserve Academy. I've packed my bag with EVERYTHING, ironed my shirts and cleaned behind my ears. Not entirely sure what's gonna happen today, but I can tell you I am excited to go. Wish me luck !
    "Oh, you hate your job? Why didn't you say so? There's a support group
    for that. It's called EVERYBODY, and they meet at the bar." --Drew Carey

hey good luck, let us know how it goes!!
    This is my Glock, there are many like it, but this one is mine

"Anything is possible to he who dares" A.G. Spalding

Comment

Originally posted by Tinga View Post
      Well, it's dark out, I've got my coffee and waiting to head our for my first day at the UCC Regional Police Reserve Academy. I've packed my bag with EVERYTHING, ironed my shirts and cleaned behind my ears. Not entirely sure what's gonna happen today, but I can tell you I am excited to go. Wish me luck !
      Lucky you, I would love to be in your shoes right now. Get in their and get some and enjoy every minute of it. O' yeah Goodluck and congrats.....

CrossFit

RossTraining

Comment

Glad I'm not in your shoes. I'm not doing a 4th bootcamp/academy/ANYTHING!!!

Good luck!!!1

Comment

hey tinga how did it go? you can't tell me that you were so broke off that you could not come on here and tell us how your day went, some people i swear

Comment

I got home at 5:30 last night, got something to eat popped a few Ibuprofen and went to bed.

It was all nice and dandy siting in the classroom. The instructors come in and introduce themselves via power point... then...A big nasty red slide "Hell has just come to breakfast"

"GET UP GET UP EVERYBODY OFF THEIR SEATS NOW!!!
            The DI's come in tossing down a few chairs, I knew this was expected, Hell has come to breakfast is what they did to one of the classes on Black Monday on the Academy. Still It shook a few people up. Everybody got the stand at attention really quick however.

The next few moments were a blur kinda, between the mountain climbers and Lift your legs off the ground 12-18 inches and hold em, and the holding of the chairs straight armed over our desks.Quick run around the pool and I get pulled aside by one of the DI's.
            He lets me know one of the instructors has informed him that I have a prior foot injury and that it wouldn't be counted against me today and get better court attire shoes 9 (Had about 1 1/2" heel)

Next we hop into our PT gear, learn about platoon formation, commands, stances and how to correctly enter our classroom. THEN... lets go to the track for a 2 mile timed run and 2 min push-up/sit-up test..

I got lapped twice by the first people to finish, Their times were at 16-17mins. About the 1/2 mile mark shooting pains started up my foot into the outside of my leg and my arch felt like it was on frickin fire. So I backed it down to jogging the straights and ambling the corners.I did that jog/amble for another 3/4 mile. 3 laps left...whoa is my foor killing me, and now my OTHER leg and hip burn for supporting what my left foot can't. I back it off for another 1/2 mile.

I was on my last lap and the majority of the people had finished (There were like 2-3 people behind me) The rest of the platoon come out and bring me one home and I grin and bear it jogging in with them clapping and chanting. I finally cross the finish line WHEW! They tell me my time and I'm like OH CRAP.. 28 Mins...Well now I have a good jumping off point for improvement.

Lunch ensues, yummy . Then a quick Health/wellness for Law Enforcement and off to the ORPAT..(Oregon Physical Abilities Test) Gotta take and pass this to be hired with an agency. (To pass it for the class, at the end of the academy you have to improve your time)
            I couldn't say what my original time was BEFORE penalties, but after I was 8:02 ( NOT GOOD) Need 5:30 to pass, but again I have 8 months for improvement.

All in all, it was tough. I think we have a great group of people in this class and I can't wait for next class. Now, I am off for a stretch, some bananas and peanut butter and when husband gets home maybe a quick run.

Comment

Originally posted by juicesnn4e2
              Were you not preparing for this before? 28 mins on a 2 mile run... and starting the 1st day with a bum foot. Your in for a very very very long haul. I dont know about your acadmeny, but they wont slow down forever, for everyone to catch up, eventally they have to leave the weak behind.
              I was preparing cardio wise with long distance biking and strength training. They are aware of my injury and that I am doing LOTS of non-impact work to try and get it up to par. We only attend on Saturday, today to get my legs loosened up I did a quick ride 5 miles...

Comment

Originally posted by Tinga View Post
                I got home at 5:30 last night, got something to eat popped a few Ibuprofen and went to bed.

It was all nice and dandy siting in the classroom. The instructors come in and introduce themselves via power point... then...A big nasty red slide "Hell has just come to breakfast"

"GET UP GET UP EVERYBODY OFF THEIR SEATS NOW!!!
                The DI's come in tossing down a few chairs, I knew this was expected, Hell has come to breakfast is what they did to one of the classes on Black Monday on the Academy. Still It shook a few people up. Everybody got the stand at attention really quick however.

The next few moments were a blur kinda, between the mountain climbers and Lift your legs off the ground 12-18 inches and hold em, and the holding of the chairs straight armed over our desks.Quick run around the pool and I get pulled aside by one of the DI's.
                He lets me know one of the instructors has informed him that I have a prior foot injury and that it wouldn't be counted against me today and get better court attire shoes 9 (Had about 1 1/2" heel)

Next we hop into our PT gear, learn about platoon formation, commands, stances and how to correctly enter our classroom. THEN... lets go to the track for a 2 mile timed run and 2 min push-up/sit-up test..

I got lapped twice by the first people to finish, Their times were at 16-17mins. About the 1/2 mile mark shooting pains started up my foot into the outside of my leg and my arch felt like it was on frickin fire. So I backed it down to jogging the straights and ambling the corners.I did that jog/amble for another 3/4 mile. 3 laps left...whoa is my foor killing me, and now my OTHER leg and hip burn for supporting what my left foot can't. I back it off for another 1/2 mile.

I was on my last lap and the majority of the people had finished (There were like 2-3 people behind me) The rest of the platoon come out and bring me one home and I grin and bear it jogging in with them clapping and chanting. I finally cross the finish line WHEW! They tell me my time and I'm like OH CRAP.. 28 Mins...Well now I have a good jumping off point for improvement.

Lunch ensues, yummy . Then a quick Health/wellness for Law Enforcement and off to the ORPAT..(Oregon Physical Abilities Test) Gotta take and pass this to be hired with an agency. (To pass it for the class, at the end of the academy you have to improve your time)
                I couldn't say what my original time was BEFORE penalties, but after I was 8:02 ( NOT GOOD) Need 5:30 to pass, but again I have 8 months for improvement.

All in all, it was tough. I think we have a great group of people in this class and I can't wait for next class. Now, I am off for a stretch, some bananas and peanut butter and when husband gets home maybe a quick run.
                All this for a Reserve Academy? Gosh.
                -918-

Peacemakers who sow in peace raise a harvest of righteousness. James 3:18

Clinging to my guns and religion since 1975

Comment

Hey Tinga sounds like a fun first day! lol. Keep your head up and good luck. Keep us up to date too! How many days a week/hours is your academy?

Comment

Originally posted by -918- View Post
                    All this for a Reserve Academy? Gosh.
                    Yeah, it was awesome. But it was the first day and glad to say NOBODY gave up or puked all over the track.

FireCop86 - It's from 7:00-5:30 Every Saturday for the next 9 months, total hours IN CLASS 320. You have tests every Saturday and are expected to keep up physical conditioning activity throughout the week.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6105 users online. 365 members and 5740 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X