Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is going on the last few days with all the LODD?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mdrdep
    replied
    +1 to what deputyx2 said

Leave a comment:

• deputy x 2
    replied
    additional thoughts or tactics: just my 2 cents

1) Don't drive above your ability or the cars. It's really easy to get tunnel vision or get sucked in by adrenalin.

2) If several units are responding to the same call. Eventually your paths WILL meet. Always know where your beat partner is and it also helps to answer the call,"Copy.. from such and such street, I'll take the west side."

If every responding unit does this...then you should know what route everyone is on. This also helps with perimeters.

Don't be afraid to use the radio!!!

3) Always wear your seatbelt! You can unhook just prior to arriving...I do it automatically...even in my POV.

We haven't had any LODD due to auto accidents..knock on wood... so we are doing something right!!

end of rant

Leave a comment:

• CajunController
    replied
    Originally posted by Retired96 View Post
    What saddens me is that two of the officers killed in accidents were ejected from their car, leading me to believe they might not have been wearing their seatbelts.
    That's our good buddy Darwin for you... sad indeed, but very stupid.

Leave a comment:

• Retired96
    replied
    What saddens me is that two of the officers killed in accidents were ejected from their car, leading me to believe they might not have been wearing their seatbelts.

Leave a comment:

• djblank87
    replied
    It has been a busy month for you sworn few, most of it not good news. Be safe out there guys and gals.

Leave a comment:

• deputy x 2
    replied
    ^^^ me too.

Too many car crashes..some avoidable some not.
    Remember you have to get there safely...in order to help. Be safe.

Leave a comment:

• CityCopDC
    replied
    I was kinda thinking that myself. I thought it was just me, but I noticed when you see news on the front page for instance of an officer killed in a cruiser crash/wreck, its like 2 more that follow right behind it in like a span of 2-5 days.

Leave a comment:

• LA DEP
    started a topic What is going on the last few days with all the LODD?

What is going on the last few days with all the LODD?

Brothers and Sisters in Tan/Grn (and blue; black; brown; green ect)

While this year has been better than many years in regards to the number of fellow LEOs we have lost; the last ten days have proven deadly for some reason.....

We have lost 10 LEOs since the beginning of September......one a day on average.....

Please be extra careful out there.....I have been to too many funerals, and lost too many friends to this job......

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2848 users online. 172 members and 2676 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X