Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is going on the last few days with all the LODD?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is going on the last few days with all the LODD?

Brothers and Sisters in Tan/Grn (and blue; black; brown; green ect)

While this year has been better than many years in regards to the number of fellow LEOs we have lost; the last ten days have proven deadly for some reason.....

We have lost 10 LEOs since the beginning of September......one a day on average.....

Please be extra careful out there.....I have been to too many funerals, and lost too many friends to this job......
    The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

I was kinda thinking that myself. I thought it was just me, but I noticed when you see news on the front page for instance of an officer killed in a cruiser crash/wreck, its like 2 more that follow right behind it in like a span of 2-5 days.

Comment

^^^ me too.

Too many car crashes..some avoidable some not.
      Remember you have to get there safely...in order to help. Be safe.
      This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

It has been a busy month for you sworn few, most of it not good news. Be safe out there guys and gals.

CrossFit

RossTraining

Comment

What saddens me is that two of the officers killed in accidents were ejected from their car, leading me to believe they might not have been wearing their seatbelts.
          Retired LASD

Comment

Originally posted by Retired96 View Post
            What saddens me is that two of the officers killed in accidents were ejected from their car, leading me to believe they might not have been wearing their seatbelts.
            That's our good buddy Darwin for you... sad indeed, but very stupid.

Comment

additional thoughts or tactics: just my 2 cents

1) Don't drive above your ability or the cars. It's really easy to get tunnel vision or get sucked in by adrenalin.

2) If several units are responding to the same call. Eventually your paths WILL meet. Always know where your beat partner is and it also helps to answer the call,"Copy.. from such and such street, I'll take the west side."

If every responding unit does this...then you should know what route everyone is on. This also helps with perimeters.

Don't be afraid to use the radio!!!

3) Always wear your seatbelt! You can unhook just prior to arriving...I do it automatically...even in my POV.

We haven't had any LODD due to auto accidents..knock on wood... so we are doing something right!!

end of rant
              This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

+1 to what deputyx2 said
                Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
                Albert Einstein

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3587 users online. 190 members and 3397 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X