Clear All

• Pregnant, Deuce, and in a Stolen Vehicle

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/m...bn10crash.html
    There are pics on the linked site

Officers, pregnant woman injured in crash after chase

By Debbi Baker
    UNION-TRIBUNE BREAKING NEWS TEAM
    8:03 a.m. September 10, 2008
    SPRING VALLEY – Three law enforcement officers and a pregnant woman suspected of driving while intoxicated were injured Wednesday morning after she led officers on a high-speed chase that resulted in two separate crashes, according to authorities.

Deputies tried to pull over Michelle Mercado, 31, about 1 a.m. on Jamacha Road and Grand Avenue in Spring Valley after they suspected she was driving while under the influence, said Sheriff's Lt. William Donahue.

They ran the license plate of the 1995 black Honda Civic she was driving and found that it was stolen, Donahue said.

When deputies tried to stop the car, Mercado took off and led them on a pursuit at speeds up to 100 mph into Chula Vista on state Route 125, Donahue said. She then turned around, headed back to Spring Valley and didn't pay the tolls in either direction, the lieutenant said.

California Highway Patrol officers joined the chase on state Route 94 as the woman was driving east in the westbound lanes just before Kenwood Drive, said CHP Officer Brian Pennings.

She made a U-turn on the freeway near Kenwood Drive and then tried to get off at the Spring Street exit when she collided with a guard rail, Pennings said. She got out of the car and ran, but was quickly apprehended, the CHP officer said. She was taken to a hospital with minor injuries.

After Mercado made the U-turn, a CHP patrol car with two officers inside and a sheriff's vehicle crashed into each other on state Route 94, Pennings said.

All three officers also went to the hospital with minor injuries.

The pursuit lasted about 15 minutes, Donahue said.

Mercado will be booked on numerous felonies, including suspicion of auto theft and evading arrest, Donahue said.
    Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

sigpic

She's got my vote for Mom of the Year!

Comment

Hormones.... *ducks*
      "Friendly Fire, isn't"

Comment

She is not being charged with DUI now. It looks like that's what she was originally suspected of though.

Comment

She then turned around, headed back to Spring Valley and didn't pay the tolls in either direction, the lieutenant said.
          Kill her, before she runs the toll booth again!
          sigpic
          Don't make me gassy.
          You wouldn't LIKE me when I'm gassy...

If you're offended by something that I've said...it was just your turn.

Comment

I can't believe she didn't pay the tolls....

CrossFit

RossTraining

Comment

Dude she probably had a MEGA CRAVING FOR french fries dipped in peanut butter or something

Comment

im suprised the officers only had minor injuries. their cars are beat to hell

Comment

Originally posted by ComicGuy View Post
                  She then turned around, headed back to Spring Valley and didn't pay the tolls in either direction, the lieutenant said.
                  Kill her, before she runs the toll booth again!
                  beat me too it. running the toll boths I'm thinking is two felonies right there.

THey didnt say how pregnant she was. I'm guessing the baby wanted something to drink!
                  ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
                  Oscar Wilde

Comment

Originally posted by mobtown View Post
                    She is not being charged with DUI now. It looks like that's what she was originally suspected of though.
                    She hasn't been charged with anything yet, that's up to the DA.
                    Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by willowdared View Post
                      She hasn't been charged with anything yet, that's up to the DA.
                      I was just repeating what the news was saying...
                      Originally posted by NBC 7/39
                      Investigators told NBC 7/39 that the woman was identified as Michelle Mercado, 31. Mercado is not being charged with driving while intoxicated, as stated by sheriffs deputies on Wednesday morning. Deputies said they expected her to face auto-theft and felony evading charges.
                      Full story: http://www.nbcsandiego.com/mostpopul...34/detail.html

But I understand what you are saying.

Comment

Some would say the officers should have been arrested for felony resisting a pregnant woman.

I hear the baby may be expected to plead guilty to accessory.

Comment

Sounds like a "Vegas Hat Trick" to me !!
                          LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO DRINK CHEAP BEER!

Comment

Maybe she was just craving some asphalt? I hear pregnant woman like to eat that sometimes!! NO JOKE!!
                            "All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing." --Edmund Burke

"We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would harm us." --George Orwell

"So long as there are men, there will be wars."
                            --Albert Einstein

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3686 users online. 173 members and 3513 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X