300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salvia

I work in a hospital and a few paramedics told me about this stuff sometime ago but they just ran a story on FOX news. I guess it is smoked like Marijuana but you get the effects of LSD. Yet this drug is completely legal and can be ordered off of the internet.

Here is a youtube video of some idiot losing his mind:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS4tvvFNIns

And a Wiki article with some alleged facts:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salvia_divinorum

Anyone ever had to deal with anyone on this crap?

CrossFit

RossTraining

you cant buy it in va anymore. maybe unless you find it online? they are doing away with it ASAP...atleast thats what i know from around here
    dubbed code name: Alien #69

Comment

Hmmm... i think i'm growing that in my yard... better go check

(BTW - i grow many herbs)

Comment

Still legal in WI

Comment

Felony in Illinois now.
          son, if you keep this up, soon you'll inherit the family mullet!

Comment

Originally posted by djblank87 View Post
            I work in a hospital and a few paramedics told me about this stuff sometime ago but they just ran a story on FOX news. I guess it is smoked like Marijuana but you get the effects of LSD. Yet this drug is completely legal and can be ordered off of the internet.

Here is a youtube video of some ***hat losing his mind:
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS4tvvFNIns

And a Wiki article with some alleged facts:
            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salvia_divinorum

Anyone ever had to deal with anyone on this crap?
            Well as you can see from the vid, the effects wear off very quickly, the guy was pretty much back to normal within a few minutes. For this reason the police are unlikely to encounter someone under the influence; even with the quickest response to a 911 call, responding officers would be dealing with a more or less coherent person saying "what the hell just happened"

Its not like a LSD high at all coming from someone that has done a bit of that in my earlier years. With acid, the effects come on gradually and for the most part one is aware that the drug is what is affecting the perception of reality. There is the exeption of the effects of very high doses or one who has taken it without knowing; that could be scary.

With salvia, the effects come on extremly quickly, and one can truely separate from reality for a short time. The good thing is that it is over soon, the bad is that during that short time, the potential of injury is great, becuase you are totally out of it.

It will never be a popular drug of abuse though. There are many, many users who have used it once and once only including myself.
            Last edited by bigislander72; 09-11-2008, 01:38 AM.

Comment

Dangerous stuff, hopefully it gets regulated soon.

CrossFit

RossTraining

Comment

Dangerous stuff, hopefully it gets regulated soon.
                Why not make it mandatory? Then almost no-one will take it, the gangsters won't be able sell it, and the revolutionaries will probably render it extinct. But some people might actually heed the mandation, and we can't have that, because it makes people do crazy things.

Maybe we could start recommending it, and it would lose all trendiness.

If we prohibit it, which is was I assume you mean by it getting "regulated", more people will take it out of curiosity as to why we don't want them to have it, gansters will happily sell it, and we'll have yet another stupid law to enforce.

Comment

Originally posted by Monty Ealerman View Post
                  Why not make it mandatory? Then almost no-one will take it, the gangsters won't be able sell it, and the revolutionaries will probably render it extinct. But some people might actually heed the mandation, and we can't have that, because it makes people do crazy things.

Maybe we could start recommending it, and it would lose all trendiness.

If we prohibit it, which is was I assume you mean by it getting "regulated", more people will take it out of curiosity as to why we don't want them to have it, gansters will happily sell it, and we'll have yet another stupid law to enforce.
                  I completely understand you're point Monty, but a substances such as this that causes you to lose touch with reality for minutes is not something that should be legal.

It might be another stupid law that would need to be enforced but that argument can be made about many narcotics.

CrossFit

RossTraining

Comment

I completely understand you're point Monty, but a substances such as this that causes you to lose touch with reality for minutes is not something that should be legal.

It might be another stupid law that would need to be enforced but that argument can be made about many narcotics.
                    Let's stop using the term narcotics to mean abusable drugs in general.

Narcotics are substances which tend to have a soporific effect. The main active ingredient of salvia acts on the k-opioid receptor, but is soporific only in small doses. In larger doses, its effects are more stimulant and hallucinogenic.

The argument I made can be made about practically any self-referring behavior, none of which in my opinion should be outlawed except insofar as they can be demonstrated to impinge on the rights of others, or when incompetency is evident.

Comment

Covered, covered and covered:

http://forums.officer.com/forums/sea...archid=1372820
                      Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

bigislander72 is right; there is little threat of Salvia being a widespread problem. There is the occasional story about someone who freaks out, and I have heard a story of a mother who blamed her son's suicide on his frequent Salvia use. But overall it is not that popular and the effects are very short-lived.

Comment

Originally posted by Monty Ealerman View Post
                          Let's stop using the term narcotics to mean abusable drugs in general.

Narcotics are substances which tend to have a soporific effect. The main active ingredient of salvia acts on the k-opioid receptor, but is soporific only in small doses. In larger doses, its effects are more stimulant and hallucinogenic.

The argument I made can be made about practically any self-referring behavior, none of which in my opinion should be outlawed except insofar as they can be demonstrated to impinge on the rights of others, or when incompetency is evident.
                          And again it can cause visual impairment and can alter you mood. It is something that should be illegal. You can call it "abusable drug" but it almost fits the Narcotic label perfectly. Either way I feel it should be illegal, it is to easy to obtain.

CrossFit

RossTraining

Comment

Damn Sgt. CHP I did a search before I posted it yesterday and nothing came up . It has been beatin to death, no need to continue the never ending argument.

I will let it die......

CrossFit

RossTraining

Comment

yea I've seen people on it before, and it didn't even last as long as it did in the movie. People just rolled around and laughed. Kinda retarded, but each to his own.
                              "Friendly Fire, isn't"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5630 users online. 316 members and 5314 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X