300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 22 Cruisers for one runner?

Just curious as to the need for 22 cruisers((Count 'em! (21 and what looks like an Animal Conrtol Vehicle)) and maybe more, to catch one runner? Im not bashing or flameing any PD or LEO, so dont think that I am. Is this the usual "policy" for someone running from the law? Thats an amazing show of force.

The Red, Bold, Italic is my official sarcasm tag.

"I think many years ago an advanced civilization intervened with us genetically and gave us just enough intelligence to develop dangerous technology but not enough to use it wisely. Then they sat back to watch the fun. Kind of like a human zoo. And you know what? They're getting their money's worth"
    George Carlin

Originally posted by Tucker6900 View Post
    Just curious as to the need for 22 cruisers((Count 'em! (21 and what looks like an Animal Conrtol Vehicle)) and maybe more, to catch one runner? Im not bashing or flameing any PD or LEO, so dont think that I am. Is this the usual "policy" for someone running from the law? Thats an amazing show of force.
    Would you had rather the suspect escape?

Seeing as he/she was running/fleeing from 22 officers, what makes you think he/she would not have fled from 1/2 officers.

Much easier to control intersections and get innocent bystanders out of the way with multiple officers.

Comment

Originally posted by CityCopDC View Post
      Would you had rather the suspect escape?
      No. That wasnt to point of the question.

Much easier to control intersections and get innocent bystanders out of the way with multiple officers.
      Thats what I was thinking but I figured Id run it by all of you. Thanks for the reply.

"I think many years ago an advanced civilization intervened with us genetically and gave us just enough intelligence to develop dangerous technology but not enough to use it wisely. Then they sat back to watch the fun. Kind of like a human zoo. And you know what? They're getting their money's worth"
      George Carlin

Comment

No. That wasnt to point of the question.
        Then why ask if that many officers are needed? When SWAT raids a house, its "normally" 10-15 guys/gals. Are that many officers needed for 1 house?

Thats what I was thinking but I figured Id run it by all of you. Thanks for the reply.
        By looking at the video, it "appears" the suspect ran into some traffic. If you are fleeing and run into traffic, myself and several officers are still going mach 3, guess who catches up to you?

Comment

Originally posted by CityCopDC View Post
          Then why ask if that many officers are needed?
          Good point. Duly noted.

George Carlin

Comment

This question reminded me of a scene from an old movie, maybe you saw it too? It was called "Hang 'Em High", and the scene takes place early in the movie. Clint Eastwood (as Jed Cooper) is in the prison wagon after having been "rescued" from a lynching, Ben Johnson (as Marshal Dave Bliss) has stopped to pick up another prisoner for transport, and the new guy makes a run. That guy had a short part to play.
            "That's right man, we've got mills here that'll blow that heap of your's right off the road."

"Beautiful Daughter of the Stars."(it's my home now)

>>>>> A Time for Choosing <<<<<

Retired @ 31yr 2mo as of 0000 hrs. 01-01-10. Yeah, all in all, it was good.

Comment

Because eventually the driving stops, and they either crash or start running.

Why are they being chased? Do they have a gun on them? Will they take hostages? Are they going to run into an apartment building with hundreds of people and multiple exits that need to be locked down quickly?

I don't know the answers to those questions, do you? The 22 officers in that video don't know either. But they (hopefully) will have enough people to handle any situation that happens once the game of follow the leader stops.
              -----------------------------------------------------------------
              "Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Comment

I don't like heights.

Comment

Thread started here as well: http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99723
                  "What the problem is?"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4311 users online. 218 members and 4093 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X